Quantcast
This Is England '88 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

I've never seen any of the This is England stuff, including the film, but I imagine it to be typical grim 80s fair, like Rita Sue and Bob too but with more violence, is this not so?

I've never seen any of the This is England stuff, including the film, but I imagine it to be typical grim 80s fair, like Rita Sue and Bob too but with more violence, is this not so?

Don't waste your time with this, it's utter shite.

The film was excellent but I saw the first of the series and never took to it at all.

Yeah i thought the film was pretty good but series was a big let down for me though. I'll give the new one a go but i'd be surprised if i stuck with it.

Well worth watching. I personally preferred the series to the movie. The series was much more dark, some of the acting was incredible in it, and without wanting to spoil it for you it was incredibly hard to watch at times for various reasons.

You could do much worse than to spend your day watching the movie and the series.

Just been checking and can't see it on C4 on Sunday on my Sky Planner.

Another Lurtz up?

Edit - Yes it is. It's on 13, 14, 15 Dec.

The 80's wasn't THAT grim, for fucks sake, it wasn't This is Sarajevo.

Hate shite like this, take a snapshot of the worst it can possibly get and then pass it off as everyday. FHM fodder, pass.

Mark, I'm amazed a TV man like yourself hasn't seen this. This Is England '86 is, by a country fucking mile, the most powerful piece of drama I've ever seen that was made for British telly. Unbelievable stuff with electric acting and a razor sharp script. Loads of comic juxtapositioning too.

Thought there's have been a lot of publicity for it, not seen anything though. Kath Dow Blyton (Lolly's mum) posted the vid on Facebook earlier today.

Can't believe this is the first I've heard of this. Cheers for the heads up

Looking forward to this.

I prefer the film to the series, the series was very dark but very good.

I doubt Combo will be making a cameo this time.