You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gary Speed

Mbrownrigg

It wasn't. And I respected it 100%. Stop trying to make me a cunt, cunt.

Brad Jones is a part of our club.

Who is Gary Speed to Liverpool exactly?

i don't remember us mourning the passing of Stan Milburn last year or Jimmy Adamson the other week? Both legends of the game.

You know what they both had in common with Gary Speed?

You didn't give a flying fuck about them either, that's what.

I don't have to make you look like a cunt, you've done it to yourself on this thread .

Gary Speed has captained my country's football team and was managing it until today's tragic event. Its akin to saying Liverpool fans don't give a fuck about Kenny Dalglish. I was looking forward to Gary Speed managing us in the 2014 WC qualifiers, as I felt we had a genuine chance of qualifying, and that he was building something special. I was truly gutted by his death, and I'm sure a lot of other people were too, I don't see why its such a problem.

By the way, were you also outraged at the minutes silence for the Japanese flood victims? After all, that was nothing to do with Liverpool FC either.

I'm sad about this news. I have some sympathy for what I think is Tom's point, namely that some people go a little OTT with grief about things that don't impact them directly, but perhaps that point needed to be made only the once.

Anyway, I didn't know Gary Speed. The closest I came was in playing for Wirral Schools as a youngster. Gary Speed played for Deeside schools in the age group above me, and in the league we played he had all sorts of records and was widely acknowledged as someone who would go on to have a good career in the game.

He had a very good playing career. He wasn't one of the best to have ever put on a pair of boots, but he was a solid pro and a good player who had a long playing career. He looked as though he was getting to grips with management too.

When an untimely death like this occurs to a well known figure who was regarded by many as a good bloke, the impact is felt by a lot of people. I am sad for his wife and kids, and I am also sad that Gary Speed felt he had no option but to end it all. I don't know if it was some sort of longstanding depression that he was struggling with; or whether something had happened in his family; or whether he had some sort of secret that was about to be exposed. I'm sure more details will come out in due course, but at the end of the day, he is not coming back and so there is genuine reason for sadness.

RIP.

And i thought you were.. oh wait, sorry, I didn't actually give a fuck what you were doing.

But obviously you do. You care what everyone is doing, what they're thinking, what they're feeling, (or not feeling), to the point that you feel obligated to tell them what they should do, what they should think, and what they should feel, when, and how much.

Don't tell me you don't care. You seem to care too much.

i dont get the beef with footie fans being shocked and gutted about this.

me neither, I'm 100% all of these things.

It's horrible. It's sad. It's tragic. I am without a doubt both gutted and shocked.

I just want all those crying in to their scouse pies this afternoon to get a fucking grip.

It's horrible. It's sad. It's tragic. I am without a doubt both gutted and shocked.

I just want all those crying in to their scouse pies this afternoon to get a fucking grip.

Why tag your neg with the word vomit? Your worship of a paedo and apparent bitterness towards people expressing genuine empathy is certainly more vomit inducing than anything I may have said.

Why tag your neg with the word vomit? Your worship of a paedo and apparent bitterness towards people expressing genuine empathy is certainly more vomit inducing than anything I may have said.

oh jesus, where do I even start with this level of spackery?

I'll give as much of a fuck about you tomorrow as you did about Gary Speed yesterday.

If you read my posts, you'll note I said nothing about giving or not giving a fuck about Gary Speed.

I was interested in the discussion about depression, which his death initially triggered on here. As were quite a few others.

And I/we was happy to put up with some OTT expressions of sympathy/disbelief/sadness that others were expressing to be part of the broader conversation.

Your contribution of insensitive blanket abuse is, I guess, one we have to put up with too.

Feel free to neg me again if you don't think that's fair enough. Or even if you do.

I'll give as much of a fuck about you tomorrow as you did about Gary Speed yesterday.

If you read my posts, you'll note I said nothing about giving or not giving a fuck about Gary Speed.

I was interested in the discussion about depression, which his death initially triggered on here. As were quite a few others.

And I/we seemed happy enough to put up with some OTT expressions of sympathy/disbelief/sadness that others were expressing to be part of the broader conversation.

Your contribution of insensitive blanket abuse is, I guess, one we have to put up with too.

Feel free to neg me again if you don't think that's fair enough. Or even if you do.

Got to admit I've had tears in my eyes a few times today, but I think it's mainly due to being at my Nanna's funeral on thursday, getting drunk friday, spending saturday recovering, then thinking sunday was going to be the first normal-ish day, but waking up to read about this. And along with the minutes silence for Brad's kid it kind of brought back that mourning phase quite a bit.

Having had depression issues over the years too and thinking that might be involved has just been unsettling and also stuck with me all day.

The fact that he was doing so well for Wales though, (and was mentioning how good I thought they were when England played them not long back.) was a great footballer, had no history with depression/mental issues that I've read about, and the way nobody seems to have noticed anything wrong with him so shortly before it happened has also freaked me out quite a bit.

Gary Speed - played for 4 Premier League clubs and wasn't disliked by any of their fans after he left their clubs. Sums it up really. A true nice man by all accounts. I never met him and he never played for the club I love but I am Welsh and I remember watching a few Wales games back in the 1990's when Gary was playing.

He was doing a nice job as Wales manager too. My condolences to all who knew him. Such a shame and a waste.

Guest Pistonbroke

I take it you don't know the meaning of Irony?

If that is how you feel then why have a go at people expressing their own feelings?

One of the reasons i hardly post any more is because of gobshites like yourself. You just love courting controversy to be heard. Go down the pub and spout your pathetic rantings. We would be spared the eye aids and you'd get the fucking big kicking you deserve.

I take it you don't know the meaning of Irony?

If that is how you feel then why have a go at people expressing their own feelings?

One of the reasons i hardly post any more is because of gobshites like yourself. You just love courting controversy to be heard. Go down the pub and spout your pathetic rantings. We would be spared the eye aids and you'd get the fucking big kicking you deserve.

Get ahold of yourself you big tart.

said exactly the same things in the pub after than game.

didnt get get a big kicking funnily enough. Lots of people agreeing with me though.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Oh behave!

I had at least twenty Michael Jackson posters to your ZERO Gary Speed posters.

Grip.

Get one.

I agree with Tom R's sentiments, but I'm afraid that his sobbing over Michael cunting Jackson in rather ruins it for me.

I think I cared more about Gary Speed dying than I did about that kiddy-fiddling oddball, and I don't really care about Gary Speed.

Gary Speed - played for 4 Premier League clubs and wasn't disliked by any of their fans after he left their clubs. Sums it up really. A true nice man by all accounts. I never met him and he never played for the club I love but I am Welsh and I remember watching a few Wales games back in the 1990's when Gary was playing.

He was doing a nice job as Wales manager too. My condolences to all who knew him. Such a shame and a waste.

That's simply not true, Evertonians absolutely despised him.

Ant, we all know you're wrong about everything, but even you must know that suicide isn't a disease.

Have a word.

It is a disease to me, it's something you die from and something in many ways which can be prevented.

It's the ultimate taboo. We are programmed not to harm ourselves, to preserve ourselves. What state of mind are you in when you commit suicide? All reason all logic is seemingly gone, the programming is deleted. As I recalled before someone I know of who committed suicide can be seen laughing and joking whilst buying the rope he was going to use.

It's the same with Speed, and someone made the point that he happy because he knew he wasn't going to suffer any longer.

It takes tremendous strength of will to go ahead with a suicide, the strength of why you want to do it must exceed the reasons not to, and that is a scary place to be.

It truly sends shivers down my spine when I hear of people killing themselves.