You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'd say it's a no brainer that Maxi will start. Hope he bangs another one past them.

I also think we need to put out the strongest team we can. If we win this we're into the semis and in with a great chance of throwing a bit of silverware in the cabinet. The confidence that could give us would be invaluable for the rest of the season.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed we play Fulham the following monday night, so almost a weeks recovery time after tomorrows game.

I'd go with:

Reina

Kelly

Carragher

Skrtel

Aurelio

Maxi

Spearing

Henderson/ Adam

Bellamy (if he is up to it)

Suarez

Carrol - I personally think it's already futile now but for the money we spent Kennys probably going to give the big man a run out.

I wouldn't make that many changes to be honest. I'd play our best team from the start and make changes only if I had to.

I'd only be concerned about Adam and Lucas from a fitness perspective as they both put in outstanding shifts yesterday. Maybe Suarez as well due to him having a knock prior to the first Chelsea game and will most likely get some rough treatment tomorrow.

Saying that, players like Kelly, Carragher, Bellamy & Maxi could come in & we wouldn't really see much, if any, in the drop in quality we have.

Personally, I'd go with the team that beat them last week. Reina to save the a pen at our end from Torres in the shoot-out to send us through!

I would play anyone the medical team deem fit to play but if none are I would go with somethink like:

Pepe

Carra Coates Wilson

Kelly Spearing Henderson/Lucas Aurelio

Maxi

Bellamy Carroll

subs: Doni, Flanagan, Sterling, Ecclestone, Coady, Lucas/Henderson, Suarez

Obviously Bellamy may not be playing if the funeral is that evening.

I'd go with as full strength a side as is physically possible tomorrow, best chance we have of winning a trophy and we have a week rest time afterwards. Aldo on City was discussing playing the likes of Coates and Flanagan tomorrow and he seemed convinced we would do. Not for me I'm afraid, send out the big guns, or as many of them as possible. Although I can see Suarez starting on the bench as he looks a bit tired at the moment.

I would play anyone the medical team deem fit to play but if none are I would go with somethink like:

Pepe

Carra Coates Wilson

Kelly Spearing Henderson/Lucas Aurelio

Maxi

Bellamy Carroll

subs: Doni, Flanagan, Sterling, Ecclestone, Coady, Lucas/Henderson, Suarez

Obviously Bellamy may not be playing if the funeral is that evening.

The funeral arrangements are being released today so as you say that will have a bearing on whether Bellamy plays or not.

I think Suarez will start, he has all our other League cup matches.

Reina, Carragher, Kelly, Aurelio, Coates, Spearing, Maxi and Carroll are almost certain to start after not playing against City.

I think Suarez will start, he has all our other League cup matches.

Reina, Carragher, Kelly, Aurelio, Coates, Spearing, Maxi and Carroll are almost certain to start after not playing against City.

I hope not. The guy has to have a break at some stage. We can't run him into the ground, there's another 6 months of the season left yet.

The problem with resting Suarez, is without Bellamy (who will probably miss the match due to the funeral) - who is going to be a threat?

Chelsea are at home and will probably have the most of the ball. If that occurs, I can't see Kuyt or Carroll hurting Chelsea on the counter attack.

Guest ShoePiss

It's shocking this match isn't on the telly. For those in North America it's going to be on foxsoccer.tv live and on FSC+ at 5pm Pacific. No schedule up for LOF yet, I'm hoping they're somehow going to be showing it.

Guest ShoePiss
The problem with resting Suarez, is without Bellamy (who will probably miss the match due to the funeral) - who is going to be a threat?

Chelsea are at home and will probably have the most of the ball. If that occurs, I can't see Kuyt or Carroll hurting Chelsea on the counter attack.

The funeral is on Tuesday? I doubt it. I don't think he was secretly Muslim.

Guest ShoePiss
Can't believe we're back there again so soon.

Can't see Kenny doing that with our defence now that we're so close. It's a big game and I think he'll play pretty much our strongest and in-form side.

The problem he has is that our in-form players most likely won't be our strongest due to only 1 day's rest after playing one of the hardest games so far this season. He won't want to change the team too much but I think he will, he said as much when the date was first agreed.