You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Slur Alex losing the plot?

Megadrive Man

You can set your watch by these cunts, 48 hours after disaster comes printed salvation, every fucking time. Another story being wheeled out now is that United fans were attacked in Basel. You wouldn't have heard such a story had they qualified.

Actually though, this time it's different. I don't mind these articles right now, because they want excuses and not action, but it's action that they need. These pieces won't rally the masses, it'll make people dunk their digestive for half a second longer while they read it, but it won't result in anything, because everything is too easy for these twats. They all think someone else is doing it, someone else is dealing with it, because everyone knows about it.

No.

Part of what made the Liverpool protests so effective was because the fans had to fight to get it noticed, and that gave momentum to it all, and allowed us to build up an organic anger.

United are bypassing the bit where the supports realise shit for themselves, they're bypassing the debate and the natural understanding of what's wrong, and they lack leaders. Their leaders are the newspapers, and the newspapers aren't going to tell them to boycott.

That's Vidic out for the season now as well, just announced. So it's Jones back in defence you would assume.

Thankfully, Ferguson sorted out his fixture list with the FA in time so that the Christmas period was going to be quiet, check out this run of games in the league now (just after an away CL tie again...)

Wolves (h)

QPR (a)

Fulham (a)

Wigan (h)

Blackburn (h)

Newcastle (a)

Bolton (h)

Arsenal (a)

What are Man City's fixtures over the same period?

Chelsea (a)

Arsenal (h)

Stoke (h)

West Brom (a)

Sunderland (a)

Liverpool (h)

Wigan (a)

Spurs (h)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah yeah, they're "finsihed", "going to pieces", blah blah blah. Watch them finish above us for years to come.

I don't know. Baconface is 70 in a few weeks. How long can he go on? They've got more competition in the Premiership than ever, with Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and especially Shitty all looking capable of winning the title. We're also stronger this season than the last few seasons.

Certainly United have not had as many teams on or near their level for a long, long time. They've usually only really had to beat one close challenger; usually Arsenal or Chelsea.

Their midfield does look very thin indeed, and their best and most reliable players are old and/or injury-prone. Giggs, Rooney and Jones have all been playing in CM, which is ridiculous. De Gea is young and nowhere near as reliable as VDS.

And in Europe - if they'd managed to stay in the competition - they know that Real and Barca are both better sides.

The fans are right to be suspicious and worried about how much cash the Glazers will release to bring in the players they need, but even if they do, it's not going to be easy.

Yes, Baconface has built and rebuilt many great United teams, but the influx of Arab money into the game and his own age wil mean that, at last, we might be seeing the end of this era of United dominance.

Famous last words, but fuck it; they're finished.

I don't know. Baconface is 70 in a few weeks. How long can he go on? They've got more competition in the Premiership than ever, with Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and especially Shitty all looking capable of winning the title. We're also stronger this season than the last few seasons.

Certainly United have not had as many teams on or near their level for a long, long time. They've usually only really had to beat one close challenger; usually Arsenal or Chelsea.

Their midfield does look very thin indeed, and their best and most reliable players are old and/or injury-prone. Giggs, Rooney and Jones have all been playing in CM, which is ridiculous. De Gea is young and nowhere near as reliable as VDS.

And in Europe - if they'd managed to stay in the competition - they know that Real and Barca are both better sides.

The fans are right to be suspicious and worried about how much cash the Glazers will release to bring in the players they need, but even if they do, it's not going to be easy.

Yes, Baconface has built and rebuilt many great United teams, but the influx of Arab money into the game and his own age wil mean that, at last, we might be seeing the end of this era of United dominance.

Famous last words, but fuck it; they're finished.

I don' think that's a controversial statement, silver.

I'm of the fanciful school that thinks it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could finish above them this year.

There's a long way to go and if their 1-0 victories start turning into 0-1 losses, and our draws can start turning into wins, who knows?

One of the most annoying things about that club is that whenever it appears that they've been weakened, they always find another player to step up and maintain the general high level. Granted, it is usually in the attacking third, but nonetheless it's a highly desirable trait for a squad to have.

One of the most annoying things about that club is that whenever it appears that they've been weakened, they always find another player to step up and maintain the general high level. Granted, it is usually in the attacking third, but nonetheless it's a highly desirable trait for a squad to have.

Exactly what people used to say about us. Regrettably it eventually happened just as it will do to Utd . I agree with others that this could well be the time for their fall from grace.

Even with a pretty average bunch of players by their standards, the winning mentality Ferguson has brainwashed into them is still seeing them over the line in the vast bulk of league games against teams outside the top 4/5.

I hate to say it, but we can still learn from them.

I think with the attitude Kenny is instilling and the football we're playing, we're a top class finisher away from matching them. Problem is, Citeh are racing off into the sunset while we do so.

Thankfully, Ferguson sorted out his fixture list with the FA in time so that the Christmas period was going to be quiet, check out this run of games in the league now (just after an away CL tie again...)

Wolves (h)

QPR (a)

Fulham (a)

Wigan (h)

Blackburn (h)

Newcastle (a)

Bolton (h)

Arsenal (a)

What are Man City's fixtures over the same period?

Chelsea (a)

Arsenal (h)

Stoke (h)

West Brom (a)

Sunderland (a)

Liverpool (h)

Wigan (a)

Spurs (h)

Everyone plays each other 2 times a season anyway, so I don't think its much of a problem.

Everyone plays each other 2 times a season anyway, so I don't think its much of a problem.

Yeah but I never understand how people fail to take into account the momentum an easy run of games can build or how damaging a really hard run of games can be.

If you play 3 or 4 weaker teams in a row you can rack up 3 or 4 wins, feel confident and when the big team comes around the corner you're buzzing and you can potentially go on a good run.

When you play 3 or 4 big teams in a row you could lose 1, then draw another, then the third comes around and you're deflated and morale is low.

I think how the fixtures are arranged can be a factor in how things turn out for teams over the course of a season.

Yeah but I never understand how people fail to take into account the momentum an easy run of games can build or how damaging a really hard run of games can be.

If you play 3 or 4 weaker teams in a row you can rack up 3 or 4 wins, feel confident and when the big team comes around the corner you're buzzing and you can potentially go on a good run.

When you play 3 or 4 big teams in a row you could lose 1, then draw another, then the third comes around and you're deflated and morale is low.

I think how the fixtures are arranged can be a factor in how things turn out for teams over the course of a season.

I agree that fixtures can swing the momentum in your favour, but if you look at Man City's fixtures up to now, this was their period of easier games.

Swansea (H), Bolton (A), Tottenham (A), Wigan (H), Fulham (A), Everton (H), Blackburn (A), Villa (H), Man Utd (A), Wolves (H), QPR (A), Newcastle (H), Liverpool (A) and Norwich (H). How many tough games are there? Man Utd and Liverpool away are the only ones that I'd class as tough games in there seeing as Tottenham were in disarray at the time they played them.

I don't remember a lot of complaining about Man City's fixtures?

I agree that fixtures can swing the momentum in your favour, but if you look at Man City's fixtures up to now, this was their period of easier games.

Swansea (H), Bolton (A), Tottenham (A), Wigan (H), Fulham (A), Everton (H), Blackburn (A), Villa (H), Man Utd (A), Wolves (H), QPR (A), Newcastle (H), Liverpool (A) and Norwich (H). How many tough games are there? Man Utd and Liverpool away are the only ones that I'd class as tough games in there seeing as Tottenham were in disarray at the time they played them.

I don't remember a lot of complaining about Man City's fixtures?

Well in fairness you're right people tend to look at the Manc's fixtures every year and scream blue murder but rarely look at anyone else's.

the good news is at the moment if they lost Rooney they look like they would be fucked

its been said before but when they lost Beckham they had Van Nistelrooy, then Ronaldo then Rooney from the current lot there is only maybe Nani who could step up to that level of dragging them throught game and I doubt he could

Even with a pretty average bunch of players by their standards, the winning mentality Ferguson has brainwashed into them is still seeing them over the line in the vast bulk of league games against teams outside the top 4/5.

I hate to say it, but we can still learn from them.

I think with the attitude Kenny is instilling and the football we're playing, we're a top class finisher away from matching them. Problem is, Citeh are racing off into the sunset while we do so.

Let's face it, our medium term aim should be getting above Man Utd consistently. If we do that, City can have five or six titles in a row; it won't be long before we're able to reclaim our record.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

Out of all the records Whiskeynose has claimed i like this one the most.

From BBC sport:

It is only the third time in 17 years that United have exited Europe's elite club competition at this stage.

They also became the first team to fall at the group stage the season after reaching the final.

I look forward to hearing this being repeated every CL season!

Yes they were

They werent really.

Their fans got a bit pissed off for a while when Chelsea were ahead of them in 2010. Then they started to look like they were going to overtake our record and they shut up and put their green and gold scarfs away and you have hardly heard anyone bring up their debt situation until yesterday. Like I said, fickle.

It looks like the investors that wanted to buy them have fucked off, lets hope it stays that way.

But its too early to write them off at this stage.