You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City...mildly likeable?

bouncebrigade

having lived in grt manchester for 40 years,i hate met loads from both sides.. at least city ARE mancs.. and they hate the dung almost as much as us.. most of the city fans know realise there is still a long way to go to achieve "greatness" . win lose or draw on sunday, i know the fans will be honest , unlike the mob from stretford.. if we dont win anything, i always want them to.. so long as we finish above the dung. in fact if i wasnt a life long lfc supporter i would probably like to be a city fan, just so i could still hate the dung with a vengence...

that 6-1 thrashing was almost as good as our 4-1 there a couple of years ago...

tony gayle, that "sly sports expert" has just predicted a draw... so thats guaranteed a win for us.... PLEASE!!!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Nothing likable at all about that vulgar shower of mercinary cunts. If anyone is going to stop United, it should be us. I want to see us win things, more that I don't want to see United win things.

Totally agree. I know we will win the weekend, and will like nothing better then shitting the mancs up . A clear signal to them and everyone else in the top six that they have got a battle on their hands.

I really like them. They're my, 'If not us, might as well be them' club to be honest.

Let's not forget that a couple of seasons back when we had the minutes silence at Anfield for the Hillsborough victims, their fans were fucking impeccable in keeping it. I'll always respect them for that and, (along with the Sunderland fans continually demonstrating support), they've got a virtual lifetime pass off me.

Plus, any team that gets relegated and still pulls in, (I think), 30,000 plus at games deserves respect anyway. It's hardly Chelsea suddenly 'discovering' an extra 15,000 'fans' as soon as there's a fucking chance of winning stuff is it.?

But the best thing about City's seemingly inevitable rise is that it fucking destroys United's claims to being anything special.

The argument is that once Rupert Murdoch's billions of pounds started pouring in to English football then any pretence that the Premier League was a level-(ish) playing field was fucking over.

The huge discrepancy between income of clubs meant that whoever maximised their revenue streams in the new worldwide market could outspend their nearest rivals to such a ridiculous degree that, as a competition, the league was virtually over before a single ball had been kicked. Hence the rise of the 'mighty' United.

Whilst the superb crop of kids that the academy threw up undoubtedly played it's part in the early 90's, along with the experience of the manager; you can still make an argument that the single most important component of that clubs continued success was the fact that the fucking bean-counters and merchandising departments played an absolute blinder throughout the 80's and 90's.

The hypothesis is thus; 'Stability + Half-Decent Manager + Ability to Outspend Rivals = Premier League trophy.'

Chelsea showed it with Mourinho. It was no mistake that as soon as he showed up, got the team playing like an actual fucking team and spent Abramovich's filthy gangster/oil money like an autistic kid in Toy's 'R' Us.

Ferguson won precisely fuck all in the way of titles.

Of course, as soon as Roman began undermining Jose's authority, then the 'Stability' part of the equation was gone and they've been left with a bunch of aging, menopausal mercenarys playing for themselves ever since. (Apart from the revival under Hiddink when the 'stability' was briefly restored.)

What City are currently doing is showing precisely how insubstantial United's success has been as well as rendering any criticism by United fans utterly redundant.

United fans can say, 'Your managers nothing special. He's just had more money than anyone else.' City's fans can reply likewise.

United fans can say, 'We financed our own success. You bought yours.' City fans can reply that money is fucking money regardless of how it comes into the club. It literally makes no fucking difference once the money is there.

You outspent everyone, you won things. We outspend everyone, we win things.

Fuck you.

Rather beautifully, United are beginning to lose the game based on the rules that they virtually invented.

Personally, I still think they, (United), will win the title this season. Let's not forget that twenty plus years of continued investment and out-earning your nearest rivals, still easily outweighs the £300 million or so that City have thrown at their team over the last few years. It fucking dwarfs anything Sheik Mansoour has pissed away on his new toy in the last couple of transfer windows. You can't even compare the two.

So I'd take City as the new hire-purchase owners of the Premier League trophy, if that's what is going to happen, (and I mean that in its most literal sense. They've bought it. It's theirs for a while.) Well done to all concerned.

But in the same way that Westlife have had more number one singles than the Beatles over the last twenty years.

I'll still see no reason to get too carried away with any of their recent successes.

My reason I dislike them is that despite being based in a large city, despite having a large fan base, despite having large grounds and despite having a decent amount of good players over the years, they have consistently fucked up. Their football and financial decisions throughout their history have been brainless. So when you have all the tools they have had at their disposal over the years and you still fuck up, you don't really deserve to get a sugar daddy like they have. They could've been as big as Man Utd, Arsenal and us but they couldn't manage it, they don't deserve another crack at it.

Wonderful post above (Squabblefest).

I've said it a few times that if City win the league this year that's me done, I'll start watching blue square football.

The largess that City oil barons have shown completely distorts the 'game', that's what it is for me a game no more no less. United, as much as it pains me to say, have earned the right to dine at the top table, we have as well. Year upon year we have gone out with the belief that we will win anything we enter because we won it before. This sustained success allowed us to attract the quality players because they wanted to be part of our tradition, our history and our future. Playing for liverpool, United, Madrid, Barce, Milan ect was something a player aspired to because they were the pinnacle of what was achievable. Now we have, with some exceptions, an industry where continued success are not measured by trophies, but by the amount of year on year shirt sales increases a club sees. City may win the lot but if they lose their backer they will be back to square one, or even league one! We on the other hand won't we are an institution, they are a dot-com start up.

The continued perversion of the game sickens me. The Russian peasant almost did for me what City are doing now. It's not a competition if you hold all the aces, it's a pissing contest between wealthy men with fragile egos, maybe it was ever thus, Cloughs Forrest spent a fortune remember. I just can't reconcile the inequality between the fan and the detached players anymore. A match day ticket at £40+ is a fucking lot of money for your average person on the street, yet it's not a drop in the ocean of somebody who earns £5,000,000 P/A, and we are paying them these obscene wages, not the chairman (Maybe in some cases, which is a different matter entirely), not Jeff Sterling, not Barclays, but us the fans, every promotional deal is geared towards us putting our hands in our pockets once more to subsidize the existence of these people who have about as much in common with us as a fish to a bicycle. Everything is about extorting more and more money from the 'fan' to exacerbate the wages and transferee fee arms race.

Fuck 'em, I can't wait for the bubble to burst (not you) and scorched earth football played in stadiums full of proper fans and not fashion conscious fair-weather 'supporters'

I really like them. They're my, 'If not us, might as well be them' club to be honest.

Let's not forget that a couple of seasons back when we had the minutes silence at Anfield for the Hillsborough victims, their fans were fucking impeccable in keeping it. I'll always respect them for that and, (along with the Sunderland fans continually demonstrating support), they've got a virtual lifetime pass off me.

Plus, any team that gets relegated and still pulls in, (I think), 30,000 plus at games deserves respect anyway. It's hardly Chelsea suddenly 'discovering' an extra 15,000 'fans' as soon as there's a fucking chance of winning stuff is it.?

But the best thing about City's seemingly inevitable rise is that it fucking destroys United's claims to being anything special.

The argument is that once Rupert Murdoch's billions of pounds started pouring in to English football then any pretence that the Premier League was a level-(ish) playing field was fucking over.

The huge discrepancy between income of clubs meant that whoever maximised their revenue streams in the new worldwide market could outspend their nearest rivals to such a ridiculous degree that, as a competition, the league was virtually over before a single ball had been kicked. Hence the rise of the 'mighty' United.

Whilst the superb crop of kids that the academy threw up undoubtedly played it's part in the early 90's, along with the experience of the manager; you can still make an argument that the single most important component of that clubs continued success was the fact that the fucking bean-counters and merchandising departments played an absolute blinder throughout the 80's and 90's.

The hypothesis is thus; 'Stability + Half-Decent Manager + Ability to Outspend Rivals = Premier League trophy.'

Chelsea showed it with Mourinho. It was no mistake that as soon as he showed up, got the team playing like an actual fucking team and spent Abramovich's filthy gangster/oil money like an autistic kid in Toy's 'R' Us.

Of course, as soon as Roman began undermining Jose's authority, then the 'Stability' part of the equation was gone and they've been left with a bunch of aging, menopausal mercenarys playing for themselves ever since. (Apart from the revival under Hiddink when the 'stability' was briefly restored.)

What City are currently doing is showing precisely how insubstantial United's success has been as well as rendering any criticism by United fans utterly redundant.

United fans can say, 'Your managers nothing special. He's just had more money than anyone else.' City's fans can reply likewise.

United fans can say, 'We financed our own success. You bought yours.' City fans can reply that money is fucking money regardless of how it comes into the club. It literally makes no fucking difference once the money is there.

Fuck you.

Rather beautifully, United are beginning to lose the game based on the rules that they virtually invented.

Personally, I still think they, (United), will win the title this season. Let's not forget that twenty plus years of continued investment and out-earning your nearest rivals, still easily outweighs the £300 million or so that City have thrown at their team over the last few years. It fucking dwarfs anything Sheik Mansoour has pissed away on his new toy in the last couple of transfer windows. You can't even compare the two.

So I'd take City as the new hire-purchase owners of the Premier League trophy, if that's what is going to happen, (and I mean that in its most literal sense. They've bought it. It's theirs for a while.) Well done to all concerned.

But in the same way that Westlife have had more number one singles than the Beatles over the last twenty years.

I'll still see no reason to get too carried away with any of their recent successes.

Very very very nicely put.

And hopefully it will, like Chelsea's success, prove that the Premier League era has been a "whose bank manager has got the biggest cock" contest.

But the enemy of my enemy is my friend theory surely applies very snugly when we assess City's "likeability" too.

Of course, City have actually won nothing yet, apart from the FA Cup... you know, the oldest and once most famous Cup competition in the world that spawned immortal phrases like "the romance of the Cup", but was forever devalued, disrespected, shat on and fucked over when United, the cunts, pulled out of it to go and make more TV money in the World Club Championship in 2001. While third round ties were being contested back in England, United were playing the mighty Australian Champions, South Melbourne, in an empty stadium in Brazil.

Arse-wipes.

Fuck you.

How do I rep someone ?!