You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

Guest San Don
Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has conceded that he must improve his game if he is to silence his critics and rediscover his form in front of goal.

Torres has scored just five goals for Chelsea since moving from Liverpool in a £50 million deal just over a year ago and has not found the back of the net in the Premier League since September 24.

"To be honest, after one year I was expecting things would be better than they are now," Torres told ESPN. "It is a difficult situation because I am happy in my personal life. We really like the club and we're very happy here to be involved with the staff and the players.

"On the pitch, it is a difficult time for Chelsea because we are not finding the results, but we're changing things like playing a different style and still we have a young team to do it.

"Personally, I have to improve. In my time at Liverpool there were games where I would not be playing well or I would be doing nothing but every time I touched the ball, I scored. It's such a strange feeling now because I am feeling better than ever physically. I am not finding the chances and when I do find the chances, I cannot score

"My present and my future are here. I have many things to do here and I want to do it because I always did what I wanted in every club I've been at, so this is not going to be different."

Yep, another bit of trying to keep the chelshit fans on side. If he thinks anyone believes he thinks chelshit is the club he wants to be at, he's a massive tool.

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has conceded that he must improve his game if he is to silence his critics and rediscover his form in front of goal.

Torres has scored just five goals for Chelsea since moving from Liverpool in a £50 million deal just over a year ago and has not found the back of the net in the Premier League since September 24.

"To be honest, after one year I was expecting things would be better than they are now," Torres told ESPN. "It is a difficult situation because I am happy in my personal life. We really like the club and we're very happy here to be involved with the staff and the players.

"On the pitch, it is a difficult time for Chelsea because we are not finding the results, but we're changing things like playing a different style and still we have a young team to do it.

"Personally, I have to improve. In my time at Liverpool there were games where I would not be playing well or I would be doing nothing but every time I touched the ball, I scored. It's such a strange feeling now because I am feeling better than ever physically. I am not finding the chances and when I do find the chances, I cannot score

"My present and my future are here. I have many things to do here and I want to do it because I always did what I wanted in every club I've been at, so this is not going to be different."

Course you do...

Cech - 29

Cole - 31

Terry - 31

Boswingwa - 29

Essien - 29 and crippled

Meireles - 29

Malouda - 31

Fat Fwank - 33

Drogba - 33.

Keep looking for the excuses...

In that article he says 'We are happy here with the club & the staff'

Who does he mean by 'we'? He can't mean his family as they, presumably, aren't arsed about the club or the staff there. Speaks volumes about him that he views himself and his agents as a 'team' of people as opposed to viewing himself as a footballer.

His interviews are getting worse. He said recently that the show of support from the Chelsea fans during his barren spell, has been up there with his career highlights.

Their fans are shit, song robbing, plastic flag waving, passionless, unimaginative, fuck hounds.

Hollow words from a 'pragmatist'.

His interviews are getting worse. He said recently that the show of support from the Chelsea fans during his barren spell, has been up there with his career highlights.

Their fans are shit, song robbing, plastic flag waving, passionless, unimaginative, fuck hounds.

just in case anyone thought he hadn't lost the plot, he has now said he would have Luiz in the Spain team if he was Spanish and that he wants Benayoun back at Chelsea!

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres wishes his team-mate David Luiz was a fellow Spain international.

Don't Miss

The Brazilian defender arrived at Stamford Bridge from Benfica in January 2011 for a fee of around £30 million.

Torres revealed that the 24-year-old would be his choice Chelsea player to join the Euro 2008 and 2010 World Cup winners squad.

He told the club’s official website: “If I could take one non-Spanish player from Chelsea to join the Spanish national team I would take David Luiz because I think he would be a very good player for us.

The striker has had a tough time finding the back of the net since his arrival at Chelsea last year but Torres insists he and other the Blues players have a great camaraderie, especially the Spanish team-mates.

“All the Spanish players we are friends,” he added. “We have been very successful together so obviously we have a very good relationship.

“I still have contact with my team-mates when I played with Atletico, many years ago, but they are still good friends.

“Especially with Benayoun, he is a really good friend, so hopefully he can join Chelsea after his loan in Arsenal.”

The former Atletico Madrid forward also added that he believes Barcelona will win La Liga this season despite the 10 point gap between the club and current table toppers Real Madrid.

He said: “Real Madrid are in a very good position now but I still believe in Barcelona – they can go through and win their fourth consecutive Spanish tournament.”

I don't get people who say they'd have him back.

He's done, he's cooked, bang, Andrei Shevchenko, it's fucking over.

And I don't know who he's trying to kid, like he's got a future at Chelsea past this Summer, reality check son, you've failed and you're getting sold again.

I think it's easy to defend against him now, he's got some pace but it's not electric, you can get a foot in against him. His game decisions are shite, so just hold him up and let him fuck it up himself with the wrong pass. You can also stand him up, with his face to goal and not really worry about him beating the keeper from 25 yards. He's got weird technique as well, he can't craft the ball with his foot, it's like he has to move his whole leg in order to manipulate the ball.

Not sure why he played so well for us, of course it's attitude and confidence and pace, and the partnership with Gerrard, AND not forgetting the team that Benitez built around those two. But he was running onto things, hitting moving balls, getting on the end of crosses into the box. He doesn't do that now, he drops off like he thinks he's a genius and then looks up to see nobody ahead of him.

Pfff. Whatever lad.

Guest San Don
I reckon Ferguson might have a punt on him.

Do you seriously think commerade abramovich will sell his failed stellar signing at a massive loss to one of his club's arch competitors?

I dont. He'll want him out of the PL. Imo.