You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

the songs what I miss most of him

at least the Suarez song is boss too

Me too. My daughter (first child) is 18 months old now, and I used to sing it to her all the time, the proper version during the day with her bouncing on my knee, and a very slow version to help get her to sleep at night. It was a bit heartbreaking to suddenly stop doing that and not being able to do it anymore.

I think he's a goal away from going on a run. He's played well and been unlucky also, but that fear of shooting yesteday is exactly what's holding him back. He crossed a great ball for Mata and shows down the channels all the time because it's out of the danger zone, but that miss against the Mancs really seems to have messed with his head and it's almost as if he's avoiding getting into scoring positions for fear of missing. But I still think he'll score one or two and then go on a decent run once the confidence returns. You'll not see the level of scoring that he did for us, but he'll bag a few.

Probably the worst thing that could happen to him now would be an injury for a month or two. That would end his Chelsea career.

On the injury front. He is playing most games now and still no knock. Really makes me wonder about the lads we have here.

I think he's a goal away from going on a run. He's played well and been unlucky also, but that fear of shooting yesteday is exactly what's holding him back. He crossed a great ball for Mata and shows down the channels all the time because it's out of the danger zone, but that miss against the Mancs really seems to have messed with his head and it's almost as if he's avoiding getting into scoring positions for fear of missing. But I still think he'll score one or two and then go on a decent run once the confidence returns. You'll not see the level of scoring that he did for us, but he'll bag a few.

Probably the worst thing that could happen to him now would be an injury for a month or two. That would end his Chelsea career.

On the injury front. He is playing most games now and still no knock. Really makes me wonder about the lads we have here.

He's shit and wont be going on a run, he's shot.

The injury thing is a bit of a red herring, he was playing every minute of every game here under Rafa because we had no one else (and playing for Spain) now he gets nowhere near as many minutes for Spain or Chelsea. He played all the league games under Hodgson lets not forget but got midweek rest. Not to mention he barely runs for Chelsea anyway.

Watched him yesterday and he's definitely lost a yard of pace, even if he gets his confidence back he won't be the same player he was with us. Craig Burley wasn't very appreciative of him yesterday either, saying that Chelsea had "thrown 50 million away" by signing him.

I still think there is a footballer in there but I think since he's lost his yard of pace he's not going to be feared by defences in this country any more, he'd be better off trying his hand elsewhere I reckon. Can't see him getting a game for Spain while he's languishing at Chelsea either on the bench or on the field.

He's lost his explosive pace, some players like Owen can still adapt after that and become a different kind of player but it seems to have finished Torres. He's not going on any goalscoring run. I think if he played for us he would be scoring more than at Chelsea but our play suited him more. Even so he's not close to the player he was.

He will definately be gone in the summer. Maybe back to Atletico.

Guest davelfc

The chavs were not buying potential when they paid £50m for torres, they were buying a goal scoring machine. A player who would give them the extra strength to win the champions league and challenge for the title. He went there to win medals, how's that working out for you then fernando?

If you look at his first year there, it's been an abortion. Sat on the bench (when not suspended) and when given a golden opportunity to shine with Drogba away he looks about as clueless as Arry when asked about secret bank accounts.

It's been hilarious watching him struggle but I think he will be off in the summer, he might do well in the A league in oz.

I think he's a goal away from going on a run.

I originally thought this but after thinking about what made him so unplayable for us and then noticing that chelsea have none of those qualities, I'm skeptical that a bit of self-confidence is going to bridge the gap. Maybe he could make it back to hodgson levels of performance but that's as good as it will get until someone decides to setup to get the best out of him.

I was talking to a Bluenose in work who was at Goodison at the weekend. He said after a while, they couldn't be bothered booing him. "I even started to feel a bit sorry for him, he was that shit."

From where he was in 2009 to being pitied by Evertonians. John Milton would struggle to describe a fall like that.

Guest San Don
I was talking to a Bluenose in work who was at Goodison at the weekend. He said after a while, they couldn't be bothered booing him. "I even started to feel a bit sorry for him, he was that shit."

From where he was in 2009 to being pitied by Evertonians. John Milton would struggle to describe a fall like that.

LOL! That is some fucking fall!

Never mind, he'll be sold in the summer. What's your next 'project' gonna be then lad?

Sick and tired of bullshit clauses that get players out of contracts.

By rights, Torres should have still been a Liverpool player this season, if (in an ideal world obviously) players honoured contracts.

There'd be no Andy Carroll in a Red shirt, and Suarez would be tossing his temperament around at another club, keeping our glorious club out of it.

Fuck you very much Fernando Torres.

By rights, Torres should have still been a Liverpool player this season, if (in an ideal world obviously) players honoured contracts.

There'd be no Andy Carroll in a Red shirt, and Suarez would be tossing his temperament around at another club, keeping our glorious club out of it.

Erm. We were about to sign him before we let Torres go. I actually would have loved to see them play together as they would be a much better pairing than what we've got now. Him leaving us probably damaged our improvement last season and our general performances this season. I hope he snaps both of his ham strings.

While part of me does wish Torres hadn't been such an utter cunt back then and stuck with us, I don't wish it to be at the expense of Suarez.

Thankfully though you're wrong, and the initial point was for them to play together.

Us signing or not signing Andy Carroll is also an unknown, although we probably wouldn't have bought him the last day of the window and therefore if we did buy him wouldn't have paid as much.

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has conceded that he must improve his game if he is to silence his critics and rediscover his form in front of goal.

Torres has scored just five goals for Chelsea since moving from Liverpool in a £50 million deal just over a year ago and has not found the back of the net in the Premier League since September 24.

"To be honest, after one year I was expecting things would be better than they are now," Torres told ESPN. "It is a difficult situation because I am happy in my personal life. We really like the club and we're very happy here to be involved with the staff and the players.

"On the pitch, it is a difficult time for Chelsea because we are not finding the results, but we're changing things like playing a different style and still we have a young team to do it.

"Personally, I have to improve. In my time at Liverpool there were games where I would not be playing well or I would be doing nothing but every time I touched the ball, I scored. It's such a strange feeling now because I am feeling better than ever physically. I am not finding the chances and when I do find the chances, I cannot score

"My present and my future are here. I have many things to do here and I want to do it because I always did what I wanted in every club I've been at, so this is not going to be different."