You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

The danger is that once a striker gets a goal after a drought, they tend to start scoring for fun. It'll take one to go in off his knee or arse and then he'll be scoring every other game.

Just hope he's not at Chelsea, or playing against us, when it happens, because it will.

This gets said all the time and it ends up as quite the opposite, he gets the odd goal then just goes back to being shit again.

Wasnt January supposed to be his big chance? generous fixtures with Drogba away but hes scored 0, Right from that very first game against us its been a nightmare, even when hes done OK against Man Utd, he had that miss, he scored against Swansea and got sent off, he cant do anything right.

Wasnt January supposed to be his big chance? generous fixtures with Drogba away but hes scored 0, Right from that very first game against us its been a nightmare, even when hes done OK against Man Utd, he had that miss, he scored against Swansea and got sent off, he cant do anything right.

He apparently bought in to his own hype and didn't realize that for all his talent, if his confidence is shot, he's fucked.

Chelsea don't play to his strengths, and he doesn't have the standing there that he had here at one point. He's been turned on by their plastic support and has taken a nosedive. The proverbial "arm around the shoulder" that Rafa was always criticized for not having, isn't there. To be fair I'm not sure that "arm" even came from Rafa, but it did come from his fellow Liverpool players and our support. Rafa simply built a team centered on getting Him and Gerrard into the best positions to link up and create a goal or chances at goal. When I think about it that's probably why we often had poor results against teams who would park the bus against us, the space wouldn't be there for Torres to exploit like he could against the teams who had a go, so we needed more trickery. Kenny and Comolli seemed to have identified that when taking over so we went out and got Suarez who can beat players and either score himself or had he stayed lay the ball off to Torres.

Then he acted like a spoiled cunt of child turning on the very people who made him what he was.

Had he stayed here til at least the summer, the players, fans, and manager would've backed him. In short, he left a club who had just exited a period of turmoil for a club that's in a constant state of turmoil do to their owners quick trigger in firing managers and replacing players.

It was a rash decision, and it has so far ended up costing him his standing as one of if not the best striker in the world. Rash decisions tend to do that, to make an analogy it's why the best warrior is not always the best general.

Edited by Saintslfc13

This thread makes me sad. I'd rather remember him how he was for us before his head was turned- fucking brilliant. He scored his first goal against Chelsea the day after my lad was born, and for a while was unstoppable. I think he knows he's made a monumental error, and I think it haunts him every time he pulls on that blue shirt. So I'm not bitter, just very fucking sad at what might have been. Time to forget him now eh...?

Guest ShoePiss
Mad that anyone ever thought he would get back to anything like this best from a few years back. It was plainly never going to happen, and we sold him at exactly the right time. I'd rather have Carroll.

What? Torres or Carroll? I'd take Torres every day of the week.

I think he'd do well in Italy though, not sure where I'm getting that notion from as he's been fucking dire for ages now, just a hunch.

Me too. He's obviously lost some of his pace, but that won't matter as much in Italy. I'm thinking Inter, because Milan already has some fine strikers. He might even join Juventus too when I come to think of it.

Actually I don't understand why none of our other former strikers like Owen and Fowler never tried their luck there.

Guest San Don

Robbie Fowler on soccer saturday. Talking about el sulk, suggesting he's fucked at chelshit because he hasnt got Gerrard playing the ball to him and looking for his runs. Boss!

Could anyone put that picture up of Agger taking him out in that game last year please?

It was a beautiful moment, in a day that was great all round, the only black spot, is that the scorer of the winner that day, turned out to be a treacherous swine too, ah well, you can't have it all.

Guest San Don
Could anyone put that picture up of Agger taking him out in that game last year please?

It was a beautiful moment, in a day that was great all round, the only black spot, is that the scorer of the winner that day, turned out to be a treacherous swine too, ah well, you can't have it all.

This one? agger-torres-300x219.jpg

Or this one after he twatted him?

Fernando+Torres+Chelsea+v+Liverpool+Premier+TuTD9KefptUl.jpg

True. But then people were still discussing Owen like a bitter ex years after he left as well. He is one of the poorest strikers in the league now, which is amazing given how good he was. I'm really not arsed about him any more though. I just marvel at the fact that people are still trying to find reasons why he will come good again.

Guest San Don

......... the most expensive footballer in British football history, has now played more than 1,100 minutes of football without scoring.

But if it is possible for a centre-forward on a 19-game barren run to be optimistic about anything, Torres ought to relish this afternoon’s game against Manchester United.

The Spaniard has scored four times against United since moving to England in 2007; no player has a better record against them during the same period.

Andre Villas-Boas, the Chelsea manager, says Torres’s current problems are not psychological, but physical - specifically his “movement” within the more expansive style Villas-Boas is trying to implement.

He said: “We speak about it. No one knows more than him the responsibility he has. He is trying to improve his movement. Off the field, his mentality is that he is ready and knows what he has to do.

"On the field and on the training ground we try and work on his movement. That’s the only thing we can do and we have been doing it for quite some time. I think eventually a goal will trigger it all, but we have to wait and see.”

Villas-Boas said there was no prospect of Chelsea adapting their style to suit Torres.

“We don’t play to suit anybody’s game,” he said. “I think there is an understanding of a new way of playing at Chelsea which is a dominant way, where you have more initiative on the ball and less space in behind [defences].

"This changes the nature of a player’s behaviour and movement, and you have to adapt, which is what we are trying to get."

Andre Villas-Boas: Fernando Torres must move better in order to score for Chelsea - Telegraph

My cousin (a West Ham fan) has updated his Facebook status after today's Premiership results, thus:

So the side who won 7-1 today beat the side who won 3-2 against the side who beat the 7-1 winners, 8-2.

The 8-2 winners lost 6-1 against the side who lost 2-1 to the side the 8-2 winners beat 3-1.

But the 2-1 losers beat the 7-1 winners 1-0 who beat the 2-1 winners, 5-3.

The moral of the story?

Fernando Torres is still shit.