You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

Not gonna happen but I'd take him back in a breath.

Me too. I'd have him, as much as I hate him.

Watching old re-runs of recent classics in the Benitez years, the lad was just awesome for us. I refuse to believe that he's lost every ounce of that. It will never ever happen, but I would have him back like a shot.

Torres hasn’t scored for 17 consecutive games for club and country, that’s over 1500 mins of football played without a single goal. I think the fact some (me included) want him back here says more about our current strike force than anything else….

That's only if he played all 90 minutes in those games, which is nowhere near accurate.

He'd be awesome in our current team.

That's only if he played all 90 minutes in those games, which is nowhere near accurate.

He'd be awesome in our current team.

Good point, Redknapp was pointing that out to the sky sports presenter mope who was itching to stick the boot in. He started as sub for many of those games as he was benched when Drogba was there and when he did start he was invariably the one replaced at the 60-70min mark. Not really had a good run in the side and he's doing a lot of things right, just having some shit luck in front of goal and lacking some confidence.

He was totally disinterested under Hodgson but he was starting to produce under Kenny. The double at Wolves (which I think was his last game) was like the old Torres with his hunger back. That made it all the more surprising when the transfer request went in a few days later.

He was definitely looking better under Kenny and I figured he would have realised the same thing so was convinced he would stay.

Guest San Don
I'd be astounded if Kenny sanctioned a potential move for him the way he left in january.

Spot on. How many games did el sulk play for us under the King?

Guest San Don
I know I shouldn't be really arsed about this especially today.

But Torres' response to Chelsea's goal is pretty strange ... he's less than enthusiastic.

Mata Penalty www.1Goals.com, http://www.1goals.com - Videa

Looks about as interested as in that goal Gerrard scored and he just jogged back for the kick off and didnt join in the celebrations

Another Torres body language expert.

Another fucking apologist. :whatever:

Chelsea lacked penetration, in particular up front, where Fernando Torres was once again a passenger. He touched the ball just nine times in the first half and has failed to score for Chelsea in 1,076 minutes or, to put it another way, his past 17 appearances for the club.

From Th Guardian.

Chelsea lacked penetration, in particular up front, where Fernando Torres was once again a passenger. He touched the ball just nine times in the first half and has failed to score for Chelsea in 1,076 minutes or, to put it another way, his past 17 appearances for the club.

From Th Guardian.

He was actually getting into reasonable positions, but nobody passes to him, they either have no confidence in him or, like Sturridge, prefer to go for goal themselves.

You can't help but feel that if the manager rated him he'd make it a priority for his players to seek him out in the area.

He'll be off to somewhere like PSG in the summer.

He was actually getting into reasonable positions' date=' but nobody passes to him, they either have no confidence in him or, like Sturridge, prefer to go for goal themselves.

You can't help but feel that if the manager rated him he'd make it a priority for his players to seek him out in the area.

He'll be off to somewhere like PSG in the summer.[/quote']

No way will he end up at PSG with Ancellotti there now. Malaga will be his destination.