You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

...He certainly didn't score the winning goal in the semi final did he.

No. No he didn't. They were already through. His goal was meaningless as was the rest of his "contribution" to their season and he knows it as well as the rest of us do.

It doesn't really make any difference. Fact is he has won trophies with his club. but has had nothing to do with his club winning trophies. He knows that and it will fucking eat him up inside. Love him back tho.

Shouldnt he ask to leave in January? I remember when he left he said at his stage of career he didnt have time to wait, he needs to be playing for a team challenging for titles and european cups now...

Wrote that on page 1, ah shit

Some people on here are ubelievable in their whining.

One European Cup doesn't make a club. They're a Chris Morris paroday of football club.

I couldn't care what that prick does. He's only in the game for self-gratification and he knows it. 'Chelsea FC' could easily be replaced by 'Fernando Torres ME ME ME ME ME' and he wouldn't give a shit.

Meh.

I don't begrudge him, but nor am I jealous.

Apart from an injury time goal when his side was already "ahead" in the CL semi, oh and a coveted hat-trick against QPR, he has been a 50m bit-part player since he's gone there.

Chelsea this season, which in reality amounts to the last two-and-half-months, has been Di Matteo's, Drogba's and (today) Cech's triumph.

Torres has hardly been on the radar in a side that finished six and did very well in Cups. If that's his idea of "playing for a big club", so be it.

Guest Pistonbroke
I don't begrudge him, but nor am I jealous.

Apart from an injury time goal when his side was already "ahead" in the CL semi, oh and a coveted hat-trick against QPR, he has been a 50m bit-part player since he's gone there.

Chelsea this season, which in reality amounts to the last two-and-half-months, has been Di Matteo's, Drogba's and (today) Cech's triumph.

Torres has hardly been on the radar in a side that finished six and did very well in Cups. If that's his idea of "playing for a big club", so be it.

Plus the cunt will probably be sold in the summer ;) Roman will be praying he nets a few for Spain to up his price a bit.

The ego of these players is unbelievable.

He seems to be on a one-man mission today to ruin the celebrations of them winning the Championship League.

I hate Chelsea, but ffs the SSN coverage is more about him moaning than anything else.

Not watching it but why would he be moaning?

"It's contradictory because I feel like I'm at a peak moment in my career, with more desire and hunger than I've felt in a long time," Torres was quoted as saying by guillembalague.com. "But I've had to spend the final on the bench. It was a huge disappointment when I saw the line-up, perhaps the biggest in my life.

"This season I have felt things that I never had before. I've felt like they treated me in a way that I didn't expect, not in the way that was spoken of when they signed me.

"We've had a lot of talks and we'll talk about my future because the role I've had this season is not for me, nor is it the one I expected to play when I came here. I'm not comfortable.

"I want them to tell me what is going to happen in the future. Football has been fair on us, on me. Now I do feel like football is worth it but I've been through a difficult time. The worst in my career. I don't want that again.

"There's been many times when I've felt lost, I wasn't sure what to do. I felt like I didn't know where I belonged. I'm eternally grateful to my family who have been by my side and also for the support of the owners who have stuck by me. And especially to the fans, if it hadn't been for them this season I would have given up.

"I need the club to tell me what is going to happen and what sort of role I will have within the team, what my duties are, what the club expects of me. And then judge whether it is worth it."

Ha

As far as I'm concered he diserves the chav supporters as much as they deserve him.

I've been reliably informed that he's "worth his transfer fee with one goal in the CL semi."

If he's miserable there I don't care, if he wants to leave I don't care and certainly don't want him back here. Hope he fucks off back to Spain.

"It's contradictory because I feel like I'm at a peak moment in my career, with more desire and hunger than I've felt in a long time," Torres was quoted as saying by guillembalague.com. "But I've had to spend the final on the bench. It was a huge disappointment when I saw the line-up, perhaps the biggest in my life.

"This season I have felt things that I never had before. I've felt like they treated me in a way that I didn't expect, not in the way that was spoken of when they signed me.

"We've had a lot of talks and we'll talk about my future because the role I've had this season is not for me, nor is it the one I expected to play when I came here. I'm not comfortable.

"I want them to tell me what is going to happen in the future. Football has been fair on us, on me. Now I do feel like football is worth it but I've been through a difficult time. The worst in my career. I don't want that again.

"There's been many times when I've felt lost, I wasn't sure what to do. I felt like I didn't know where I belonged. I'm eternally grateful to my family who have been by my side and also for the support of the owners who have stuck by me. And especially to the fans, if it hadn't been for them this season I would have given up.

"I need the club to tell me what is going to happen and what sort of role I will have within the team, what my duties are, what the club expects of me. And then judge whether it is worth it."

Ha

I would have thought he would be used to sitting out finals on the bench.