You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

Great hat-trick. Sadly the last week has obviously justified his move: cl qualification, that goal against Barca, his club in the CL final

We won't be in another CL final while Torres is still playing, and everyone - even the most one-eyed bitter loon - knows it, so in that respect he can't be blamed for leaving Liverpool, as many people said at the time

I've been frightened of this happening since they got through to the FA Cup Final.

I'm absolutely cacking it for Saturday and Torres looking like he's getting some kind of form and confidence together does not bode well for us.

I think with the pace they have up front with Mata, Torres, Ramires, Kalou and Malouda knocking about, the King's record against them is under serious threat.

Absolutely none. He scored two goals in a 5-0 win over Genk (snigger) and the goal against Barca when they were already going through. His two FA cup goals came in a 5-2 win over Leicester.

Firstly, you can't compare being an icon at a club like Atletico with Liverpool, regardless of our immediate champions league credentials, we are - and always will be - one of the top 10 clubs in the world, and there's still the very strong possibility that our players will have more medals this season than Torres will.

Secondly, and most importantly, it's easy to say he left so he could win trophies, but if he's got any pride about him he'd presumably want to be central to those trophy wins - seeing as he was supposed to be a £50m 'star' striker. He's a bit part player, he's not respected at Chelsea by the fans (even if he'd lit the league up, their mindset - partly because of their unlimited funds, but mainly because they're cunts, is that they treat their players as disposable heroes, you're a man who's been hired to do an expensive job nothing more, and they'll forget you as quickly as it takes the next man to come in and 'do a job', I wonder how many of them spare a thought for players like Shevchenco, Crespo, or the sacked Adrian llie?), nor I suspect is he respected by many of the players, if he gets a medal he'll be in Michale Owen at the mancs territory for cringeworthiness and the smile will hide the fact he knows he's a fucking douche.

You can't buy pride. Torres has none, and he'll get none there regardless of what happens in the next few weeks - at best he's a bit part supersub, at worst he's a disposable hero.

You are having a mare here Section, the bitterness on show is not a pleasant sight.

Chelsea have 4 strikers in Drogba, Torres, Sturridge and Kalou.

Lets take a look at their stats to see if your back up player claim can be backed up or if its more wishful thinking getting the better of you.

PL:

Torres: 29 games - 6 goals - 4 assists

Drogba: 22 games - 5 goals - 1 assist

Sturridge: 27 games - 11 goals - 3 assists

Kalou: 12 games - 1 goal - 0 assists

CL:

Torres: 9 games - 3 goals - 4 assists

Drogba: 7 games - 5 goals - 2 assists

Sturridge: 7 games - 0 goal - 1 assist

Kalou: 6 games - 2 goal - 0 assists

FAC:

Torres: 6 games - 2 goals - 4 assists

Drogba: 2 games - 1 goal - 1 assist

Sturridge: 4 games - 1 goal - 1 assist

Kalou: 4 games - 1 goal - 0 assists

Overall:

Torres: 44 games - 11 goals - 12 assists

Drogba: 31 games - 11 goals - 4 assists

Sturridge: 38 games - 12 goals - 5 assists

Kalou: 22 games - 4 goals - 0 assists

I'm not sure about everyone else, but thats not really the numbers to a bit part player is it, unless you were actually talking about Kalou and not Torres.

Code - Those stats make interesting reading, but we are talking about a supposed world class player here. Lets face it he's second choice behind Drogba in that Chelsea team. Minimum expected would 15-20 Premier League goals at this stage of the season.

He's just another insignificant player to me since he left, the only time he really registers is when we play them and he's warming up down the touchline coming down towards our away end. Apart from telling him to fuck off in various ways I can't be arsed to waste my breath on the cunt.

Code your stats are tedious. I don't need numbers to know Torres has been a bit part player this season, I just need my eyes and the fact a Chelsea fan I know often laughs at him. Football is really a lot simpler than you seem to understand.

They are obviously tedious when they show your bit part claim to be false.

I just dont understand why Liverpool fans feel the need to talk him down, by all means do that, but at least deal with facts and not how you would like things to be.

Torres has been shite for Chelsea compared to how he was for us, but he has also added something different to his game, in all his time with us the most he got was 6 assists in a season, so far this year he has 12 and if th

He will play about the same part he did as in his last game on the world stage -

the World Cup final. Got his medal there too. No one can really argue he is the player he was with us - only try to win some imaginary interweb points. Is there really a true Liverpool fan who supports him anyway?

1 vs United in a defeat; misses sitter in the same game

1 vs Swansea - first in a 4-0 rout; sent off in the same game

1 vs Villa- 4th minute of injury time in a 4-2 win

3 vs QPR - scored when already 2-0 up

2 vs Genk in a 5-0 rout

2 vs Leicester- scored when Chelsea leading 2-0 and 3-1 respectively

1 vs Barca- 3rd minute of injury time, Chelsea already going through

Nope, still a bit part player.

Firstly, you can't compare being an icon at a club like Atletico with Liverpool, regardless of our immediate champions league credentials, we are - and always will be - one of the top 10 clubs in the world, and there's still the very strong possibility that our players will have more medals this season than Torres will.

Secondly, and most importantly, it's easy to say he left so he could win trophies, but if he's got any pride about him he'd presumably want to be central to those trophy wins - seeing as he was supposed to be a £50m 'star' striker. He's a bit part player, he's not respected at Chelsea by the fans (even if he'd lit the league up, their mindset - partly because of their unlimited funds, but mainly because they're cunts, is that they treat their players as disposable heroes, you're a man who's been hired to do an expensive job nothing more, and they'll forget you as quickly as it takes the next man to come in and 'do a job', I wonder how many of them spare a thought for players like Shevchenco, Crespo, or the sacked Adrian llie?), nor I suspect is he respected by many of the players, if he gets a medal he'll be in Michale Owen at the mancs territory for cringeworthiness and the smile will hide the fact he knows he's a fucking douche.

You can't buy pride. Torres has none, and he'll get none there regardless of what happens in the next few weeks - at best he's a bit part supersub, at worst he's a disposable hero.

Firstly, as much of as ace soundbite 'disposable hero' is (and I do like it), they are all disposable heroes. Every single one of them.

Secondly, Atlético may mean nothing to you or some bloke on Singapore but it would to Torres. Being an icon there would take some beating to him.

Fact is he went to challenge for bigger honours. And he is doing so. He won't be giving Liverpool a second thought.

Is there really a true Liverpool fan who supports him anyway?

Supports him?

What do you mean by that?

Are you asking if there are Liverpool fans who dont feel bitterness when they think and talk about him then yes, there obviously are.

He won't be giving Liverpool a second thought.

And from now on, I've decided not to give him a second thought either.

He's got his match ball. He's got his Champions League Final.

He might even prove difficult against us next week.

But we have Suarez, who is more than capable of getting us the result ahead of Torres getting it for them.

And then Bayern will take care of business.

No second thoughts required.

May the better teams/players on the day prevail.

Move on.

Walk on.

1 vs United in a defeat; misses sitter in the same game

1 vs Swansea - first in a 4-0 rout; sent off in the same game

1 vs Villa- 4th minute of injury time in a 4-2 win

3 vs QPR - scored when already 2-0 up

2 vs Genk in a 5-0 rout

2 vs Leicester- scored when Chelsea leading 2-0 and 3-1 respectively

1 vs Barca- 3rd minute of injury time, Chelsea already going through

Nope, still a bit part player.

Hey Code, anything to say about this?

Supports him?

What do you mean by that?

Are you asking if there are Liverpool fans who dont feel bitterness when they think and talk about him then yes, there obviously are.

I do not feel any bitterness towards him at all, and I don't hold any grudge. I do think it is a little funny to see our fans saying he has been vindicated or that he is fine with playing 10 minutes a game or seeing some trying to support (theres that word) the argument that he is a whiff of the player he was when he was at his best with us - he is not. 1 in 4 in mop up duty is not what Chelsea were expecting - of that I am pretty sure.

He seems to be coming good doesn't he? About bloody time. Personally, I think he has been affected by his own decision to leave Anfield. The season is finishing in a dramatic way. At this point, it's still possible for us to finish with more silverware than Chelsea Utd or City, if we win the FA Cup. Chelsea won't be a push over in the kind of form they're in at the moment, but we seem to be improving, and I'm sure the resolve is there in the team with the added focus that we've lacked back as well.

Could be a hum-dinger of a cup final. Thank fuck King Kenny will be on the touchline.

Major Tom?

Firstly, Roughly concur with that though the likes of Gerrard, Fowler, Neville, Terry, Lampard etc? Give the Lie to it with regard to local players/one club men.

Secondly, You left out Liverpool - Am pretty sure from How he went on in public after leaving? That being an icon to Liverpool & it's fans & indeed leaving us? Were both very big deals indeed for Torres as evidenced by the mess his head was in for more than a full Year after leaving us.

And then? You ruin some perfectly reasonable half-decent points with your (Usual) pile of complete & utter trash & rubbish at the end. Fact is he May have gone to challenge for so called bigger honours but actually? The only difference is the CL - And he won't get his mits on that anyway with Half Chelsea's team out & Bayern playing (& hellbent on Winning) at home. He's also challenging for the FA Cup which we have an equal chance of winning since we're the ones stood in his clubs way in the Final & have a superb record against Chelsea of late & under Kenny for decades now. Still though? He's nowhere Near the PL Title & we removed them from the League Cup on their Home Ground in December lest you forgot?

As to the rest of your complete & utter shite? I think the fact we're facing him next week, Have already won a trophy ahead of him & Chelsea despite his Public statement that he thought he'd do so before us when he left? Also the fact that his head was in such a mess after leaving? Are All down to us so sorry MajorTom, don't write crap like that & sound like an idiot in future no? Torres is very Much thinking of us, has done since leaving & prob' will very much next week as he watches us collect our medals after Kenny does the usual that he does against Chelsea as LFC Manager.

Oh & BTW lest you forgot you fraud of a so-called Liverpool 'Fan'? We got a player whose 4 times the skill, ability & potential (esp' if he adds regular goals as he is doing now) of Torres anyway in Suarez to replace him - Someone who will? Prove that yet again next week When he embarrasses the bigoted old, lying racists at the FA by winning us the trophy Named for them. So take that & your desperate, pathetic & weak little attempt to do your own club down & make us Seem worse than Chelsea? And get lost until you've got something decent to say about us - In fact? Go away & don't come back......Ever - 'Fans' like you? We can do without..............

NB BTW Major Tom? Your vapid, pathetic, weak & worse than useless argument? Is further undermined by Ponz' stat's earlier - Torres? Is Not challenging (or even leading the charge) for anything himself - If anything? He's a bit-part player at Chelsea & Will remain so as long as that Actor Drogba plays for them. Sorry & all that but in short? Wrong from You & not for the first time nor the last no doubt given the rubbish you've posted before..............

Major Tom?

Firstly, Roughly concur with that though the likes of Gerrard, Fowler, Neville, Terry, Lampard etc? Give the Lie to it with regard to local players/one club men.

Secondly, You left out Liverpool - Am pretty sure from How he went on in public after leaving? That being an icon to Liverpool & it's fans & indeed leaving us? Were both very big deals indeed for Torres as evidenced by the mess his head was in for more than a full Year after leaving us.

And then? You ruin some perfectly reasonable half-decent points with your (Usual) pile of complete & utter trash & rubbish at the end. Fact is he May have gone to challenge for so called bigger honours but actually? The only difference is the CL - And he won't get his mits on that anyway with Half Chelsea's team out & Bayern playing (& hellbent on Winning) at home. He's also challenging for the FA Cup which we have an equal chance of winning since we're the ones stood in his clubs way in the Final & have a superb record against Chelsea of late & under Kenny for decades now. Still though? He's nowhere Near the PL Title & we removed them from the League Cup on their Home Ground in December lest you forgot?

As to the rest of your complete & utter shite? I think the fact we're facing him next week, Have already won a trophy ahead of him & Chelsea despite his Public statement that he thought he'd do so before us when he left? Also the fact that his head was in such a mess after leaving? Are All down to us so sorry MajorTom, don't write crap like that & sound like an idiot in future no? Torres is very Much thinking of us, has done since leaving & prob' will very much next week as he watches us collect our medals after Kenny does the usual that he does against Chelsea as LFC Manager.

Oh & BTW lest you forgot you fraud of a so-called Liverpool 'Fan'? We got a player whose 4 times the skill, ability & potential (esp' if he adds regular goals as he is doing now) of Torres anyway in Suarez to replace him - Someone who will? Prove that yet again next week When he embarrasses the bigoted old, lying racists at the FA by winning us the trophy Named for them. So take that & your desperate, pathetic & weak little attempt to do your own club down & make us Seem worse than Chelsea? And get lost until you've got something decent to say about us - In fact? Go away & don't come back......Ever - 'Fans' like you? We can do without..............

NB BTW Major Tom? Your vapid, pathetic, weak & worse than useless argument? Is further undermined by Ponz' stat's earlier - Torres? Is Not challenging (or even leading the charge) for anything himself - If anything? He's a bit-part player at Chelsea & Will remain so as long as that Actor Drogba plays for them. Sorry & all that but in short? Wrong from You & not for the first time nor the last no doubt given the rubbish you've posted before..............

I am genuinely not sure why you (and others on here) have a problem accepting Torres won't be regretting his move. He won't be and it's as simple as that.

And trying to claim anyone who thinks otherwise is not a real fan? How old are you? 12? Get a grip!

Hey Code, anything to say about this?

He has scored 11 goals and got 12 assists in 44 games and he is the Chelsea striker to have played most games and is the Chelsea striker to have contributed to most goals, what else is there to say.

Reminds me of when Daniel Amokachi scored in the semi final and the next game, and Everton thought they had the new George Weir, when in fact the closest they ever got to that was David. I'm sure this will end up the same way