You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

I can understand him leaving. I can understand Gerrard wanting to leave back when he almost did.

What I can't fucking comprehend is how much disrespect he showed to our fans and our players, how he revealed that at the core of his character lies a consummate, consuming selfishness and cuntishness. Prick.

not all of our fans are so sensitive, thank heavens. Everyone's disrespected so easily these days. Bit like sarf London.

No he wasn't, Rafa was the main reason we won, but keep on believing that it was Gerrard that signed two vital parts of our CL winning team in Alonso and Garcia, coached our defence into being awesome as an unit and made the change to bring Hamann on at half time and many other things that happened. The manager is always the main reason teams win things.

Absolutely right. He is also the main reason we lost in 1997. Everyone's happy now.

Don't forget what the cunt said.

"This is the target for every footballer to play for one of the top clubs in the world and I can do that now."

Knowing Chelsea cunts for what they are, can you imagine what a fucking gift that ammo was to them? The despicable brain-damaged fuck. Let plastic flags fly high when the coffin carrying his career is ushered into the crematorium. Disgusting fucking twat.

[YOUTUBE]bHlm_Vk5aBQ[/YOUTUBE]

Don't forget what the cunt said.

"This is the target for every footballer to play for one of the top clubs in the world and I can do that now."

That was it for me. Chelsea? Fucking Chelsea who used to have a car park next to the pitch? Who wank over Fwank and call John Terry a fucking legend! Jesus wept, Torres will think about that moment in years to come and realise what utter tosh it really was.

he moved because he thought he'd win more. So what? Football is a career. He's a hired gun. The only problem I have with him is his lack of application and desire for the last 12 months of his time at LFC. That's the reason I wouldn't want him back. Those who get het up by badge kissing players fucking off over the back fence need a little perspective in their lives. That said, I am enjoying his lack of success.

Not often we disagree, but I have to comment on this one, in those 12 months he scored 19 goals in 34 games for us.

If we had a striker like that at the moment he could set up a tent at the halfway line for all I cared.

We need goals and Torres was a guarentee for goals when he was playing for us, he did struggle a bit under Hodgson but who did not, either way 19 goals in 34 matches the last 12 months is fine by me now matter what kind of work rate or face expression he has got.

I'm not really arsed about those comments any more to be honest. Seems to me like he was saying all that stuff mostly to try and convince himself he'd made the right decision.

If he was playing well I might feel differently but he can't even get in Chelsea's team at the moment and even when he does he looks pretty poor. In fact I'm glad he left when he did. We got what could be the two best years of his career and 50m for what appears to be a player on the decline. Yes those comments were disrespectful but the main thing is it seems to have been a good move for the club.

Not often we disagree, but I have to comment on this one, in those 12 months he scored 19 goals in 34 games for us.

If we had a striker like that at the moment he could set up a tent at the halfway line for all I cared.

We need goals and Torres was a guarentee for goals when he was playing for us, he did struggle a bit under Hodgson but who did not, either way 19 goals in 34 matches the last 12 months is fine by me now matter what kind of work rate or face expression he has got.

I have to say I agree. Suarez body language is pretty off at times, though his frustration is usually directed inward rather than at his teammates, and yet we look the other way. To me Torres looks like a man who realizes he made a huge mistake. The only reason their fans hate him having a laugh with our players is because he doesn't ever seem to be smiling when around his own teammates. He should've kept his faith and stayed on til the summer but he acted rashly. Not everyone has the composure or the "push on through the shit mentality", clearly he didn't. If the price is right I think we'd be interested but only if a younger option on good form wasn't available.

I also agree with DuffMan too. Those comments hurt at the time but What exactly was he supposed to say?!

I also agree with DuffMan too. Those comments hurt at the time but What exactly was he supposed to say?!

He didn't have to say what he did and showed his former employers and the millions of fans that adored him at the time a bit of decency and respect. People bang on about him being shit now but at the time he was deserting us and everyone thought he'd move on, raise his game and take the Premier League by storm again. It means fuck all that he hasn't, he still should've shown respect for the club that took a gamble (Utd were interested but wouldn't spend that much on him) and brought him to England. And he was a gamble, read this very forum and the split opinions on him for a fans insight, and the clubs who could and should have bought him before we did.

He obviously said the shite he said back then because he was trying to suck up to their scummy fans.

I understand that and its just the way it goes. But he definitely tried getting a few digs in. Which wasn't needed. Had Hicks and Gillette still been around I'd understand him cutting and running and taking potshots.

But things had changed here, yet he was still hinting that he thought we were going nowhere which was a scumbag move.

Yea he didn't have to do it but I understand why he did. It's quite clear that there is something he gave for us and Atletico before us that he can't seem to find for Chelsea. The fire just doesn't seem to be there, except when He played the mancs earlier this season. Personally I think Torres realized he acted like a mercenary c*nt and can't forgive himself for it. Raul looked equally woeful as well for that matter, and didn't put up with half the shit Torres' did for us as G&H got fucked off shortly after he arrived.

He says he isn't bothered by the abuse he receives from our fans but his body language and even sometimes his own words suggest otherwise, he acted rashly and has been proven wrong thus far, I seem to recall him admitting that settling in on Merseyside was easier than it is for him in London as well.

He didn't have to say what he did and showed his former employers and the millions of fans that adored him at the time a bit of decency and respect. People bang on about him being shit now but at the time he was deserting us and everyone thought he'd move on, raise his game and take the Premier League by storm again. It means fuck all that he hasn't, he still should've shown respect for the club that took a gamble (Utd were interested but wouldn't spend that much on him) and brought him to England. And he was a gamble, read this very forum and the split opinions on him for a fans insight, and the clubs who could and should have bought him before we did.

I think Mascherano and Alonso have shown the way to behave after leaving Liverpool, they've shown nothing but respect to the club and the fans. Torres has behaved like an utter cunt. I wouldn't take him back on a free.

I genuinely don't.

I'll try to explain. He needed to convince himself he made the right decision and convince their fans the he was now firmly on their side. Unfortunately for him he hasn't quite lit the world on fire there and his side have had two woeful performances against us (for the most part) since

His arrival their. Basically once he said "the romanticism is gone from football" he had to make those types of comments to affirm that to his new "supporters" and himself, although it seems to have backfired spectacularly.

It wasn't right, it was disrespectful, and ultimately it was quite childish but then his whole last minute decision and handling of the situation was childish as well.

@Dirk Grout - they both have been very respectful of us since leaving but Xabi's transfer request and Masch's refusal to play against city blighted their respective exits for me, as well as chopped the price down significantly for each of them.

The whole situation is unfortunate really. We're crying out for a clinical finisher which Torres was while here and we're crying out for a deep lying playmaker like Alonso as well. Of the three Masch's exit is the one we've handled the best and that's only because Lucas has balls of steel and decided to stick it to those abusing him at first.

There's no need to explain. He disrespected the fans who adored him. All the kids who bought the shirt with his name on the back and the thousands who sang his name in the stadiums. It's was a big 'fuck you' to every one of us. He didn't have to say those things yet he chose to. That for me is the ultimate snub. Regardless if Chelsea spin doctors or Roman told him to stick the boot in he should've said no to that. He'll regret his decision in years to come but he'll be too pig headed to say it.

I haven't got any sympathy for him whatsoever, but I do have a fairly big feeling of regret.

I don't blame any player who wanted to leave after the shite which we all suffered during Hicks and Gillet's final couple of years. But to leave they way he did, at the time he did, just absolutely stunk and was a massive middle finger to the supporters who had backed him to the hilt, made excuses for his lackluster performances in his final 6months.

If players want to play for clubs with CL football, they can go. Most players though leave here on good terms. He chose to behave differently, before, during, and after he left. He deserves the "reject" status he currently has elsewhere.

Edited by mypost

There's no need to explain. He disrespected the fans who adored him. All the kids who bought the shirt with his name on the back and the thousands who sang his name in the stadiums. It's was a big 'fuck you' to every one of us. He didn't have to say those things yet he chose to. That for me is the ultimate snub. Regardless if Chelsea spin doctors or Roman told him to stick the boot in he should've said no to that. He'll regret his decision in years to come but he'll be too pig headed to say it.

In one. Especially for one who supposedly understood what it meant to play for Liverpool and who enjoyed a rapport with the fans that was almost on a par with Gods and the King. It's unfathomable to think of the way he's left things with the fans when you think of how loved he was by us all.

Fair enough my friend, can't say I disagree with any of that to be honest. It was disrespectful and unnecessary. I just think he made a rash decision and it's clear he already regrets it, as I said before you don't catch him laughing to often around their own players. He won't say it bluntly, but I'd bet his hindsight has him thoroughly embarrassed to have done what he did.

@Dirk Grout - they both have been very respectful of us since leaving but Xabi's transfer request and Masch's refusal to play against city blighted their respective exits for me, as well as chopped the price down significantly for each of them.

Eh? Benitez was trying to sell him for less than what we eventually got for Xabi.

The club was stagnating and players were looking for the exit. Just like any job really, you don't hang around a sinking ship.

Masch joined Barca.

Xabi joined Madrid.

Torres joined Chelsea.

See any differences those trying to defend FT?

As I have explained earlier in the thread I have total disrespect for FT and as has been said would not have him back on a free for the way he treated the club I love and its fans. I cannot believe that any LFC fans defend him - I know they are in the minority but to me there should be none at all. And if anyone can honestly say (and yes Code i mean you - but there were others too) that his performances for the latter part of his time as LFC were acceptable then words fail me - for 18 months he was gash - fact no matter what stats you come up with - and the way he played - lack of desire, missing easy chances,...etc - was one of the major reasons why LFC were underachieving in that period. We tried to overlook it, we defended him from the knockers in the media but the brutal truth looking back is that those knockers were right and i cannot say how glad I am that he no longer plays for us.

Yes I agree we do need strengthening up front and for me if we can we should try to sign a striker in January but there must be loads of younger and better strikers than him around - and whose attitude is right too. Go find one for us Damien!!

I think this pretty much says it all:

Cunt.

David Villa said that Torres mentioned during the world cup he wanted to go to Chelsea, in an interview pre season when Torres was still on his post world cup holiday. Remember him claiming he was surprised Torres was still with us.

Remember reading it at the time, cant remember if Villa came out with the usual 'lost in translation' bollocks afterwards, though but it adds weight to his mind being elsewhere between summer and winter transfer window.

On a side note he only made that world cup as Rafa (and the club) let him miss the last few games of the season to have his operation when forth still looked like a distant possibility.

He seemed to forget that soon enough though...