You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

Torres created many great moments, Carroll had done fuckall but a big disappointment. It's like having a hot ex who spurned you for someone "better", but the time spent together was great and fondly thought of, compared the current girlfriend, modest-to-ugly in look, indifferent in personality, and the sex was boring to the point of non-existent. And the longer it goes on, the more resentment boiling underneath.

And the screamer against Olympiakos out of nothing that actually sent us through the group stages - Benitez as well? Or the penalty against Milan? Benitez? The brilliant ball through to Garcia against chelski? Also Benitez? He was probably the best player in Europe that season and carried our team on his shoulders. But sure, it was all the "genius".

Ferguson didn't score any goals in Europe when they won the CL in 2008, it must be Ronaldo who won the champions league single handedly.

He seems like an actually nice person. He panicked and jumped ship. I can't hate someonefor that.

I'd have him back tomorrow.

He's a cunt. He acted like a spoilt child and stuck two fingers up at a club and fans who adored him. I would never have him back.

Bottom post just about covers it, he didn't panic at all he was devious and manipulative in the way he went about things, after deliberately playing shit for months (save for a game against Chelsea where the well paid cunt chose to actually do his fucking job because he was playing for a move, he left us high and dry on deadline day and then proceeded to slag the club off on Chelsea TV on the night of the move. He's a disgusting twat and I'm glad his image and reputation is in ruins.

Guest San Don
Bottom post just about covers it, he didn't panic at all he was devious and manipulative in the way he went about things, after deliberately playing shit for months (save for a game against Chelsea where the well paid cunt chose to actually do his fucking job because he was playing for a move, he left us high and dry on deadline day and then proceeded to slag the club off on Chelsea TV on the night of the move. He's a disgusting twat and I'm glad his image and reputation is in ruins.

Top post. Especially the last sentence. He thought he was walking into a side that would win a title at a canter. He was so quick to jump ship though that he didnt stop to look just how big a project chelshit really were.

Funny as fuck seeing him behind that world class striker Sturridge who does that silly little dance when he scores. What must he be thinking when he sees that?

'Stayed at a BIG club. You should have stayed at a BIG club.'

Yeah and to the people who say that now he has Champions League football and Liverpool don't, his club has it but he don't! He doesn't get into the side so Torres doesn't really play Champions League Football. If by a stroke of amazing luck or fortune and Chelsea end up winning it and he gets a winners medal it will be as deserved as Owen's Premier League winners medal last season.

He made an almighty screw up when he walked out of Anfield and his form has gone and his reputation has gone and his value has gone. All his own making too.

Players move clubs to further their career, it's a fact. I'm sure Kenny understands that as well as anyone seeing as in 1977 he did that exact same thing. After years of winning titles and cups for Celtic and being idolised by the fans, he decided he wanted to leave. He had no real connection to Liverpool FC at that time other than they wanted him and he liked the sound of the club. He liked what he had heard about the club.

Where Torres went wrong is that he spat in our faces. He was a sneaky little shit who thought he was better than us. He put in a transfer request the day before the window closed, he knew we were in a crap position in the table and didn't think he owed it to us to wait until May and try and get us up the table by banging in some goals for us.

When he did leave he spent his first few interviews as a Chelsea player by making snide comments about how happy he was that now he has a club at the top level in football and how the Chelsea fans always treated him well even when he was playing for us against them which is laughably untrue.

Look at how Ronaldo behaved when he left Man U or even our own Kenny Dalglish in 1977 to see how it can be done with class and respect for your old club.

I find it truly amazing and shocking to read people on here saying they would want him back. I don't think Kenny would have him back on a free transfer after the stunts he pulled to leave.

Players move clubs to further their career, it's a fact. I'm sure Kenny understands that as well as anyone seeing as in 1977 he did that exact same thing. After years of winning titles and cups for Celtic and being idolised by the fans, he decided he wanted to leave. He had no real connection to Liverpool FC at that time other than they wanted him and he liked the sound of the club. He liked what he had heard about the club.

Where Torres went wrong is that he spat in our faces. He was a sneaky little shit who thought he was better than us. He put in a transfer request the day before the window closed, he knew we were in a crap position in the table and didn't think he owed it to us to wait until May and try and get us up the table by banging in some goals for us.

When he did leave he spent his first few interviews as a Chelsea player by making snide comments about how happy he was that now he has a club at the top level in football and how the Chelsea fans always treated him well even when he was playing for us against them which is laughably untrue.

Look at how Ronaldo behaved when he left Man U or even our own Kenny Dalglish in 1977 to see how it can be done with class and respect for your old club.

I find it truly amazing and shocking to read people on here saying they would want him back. I don't think Kenny would have him back on a free transfer after the stunts he pulled to leave.

if anything could make Torres see how much of a dick he has been it would be showing Ronaldo as an example of how he should have been more gracious!

My bitterness toward Torres has been cut by the fact that he's been so poor.

My guess is he told the powers that be sometime before, or early in the transfer window, he wanted to leave.

But he still left at one of the lowest on-field points in the club's history, and I think that is unforgivable. Whatever promises were made to him, if promises were made to him, he shouldn't have walked out on the supporters. Four months more, to get the club back on the right track, isn't too much to ask from someone who gets paid millions of pounds to play a game.

he moved because he thought he'd win more. So what? Football is a career. He's a hired gun. The only problem I have with him is his lack of application and desire for the last 12 months of his time at LFC. That's the reason I wouldn't want him back. Those who get het up by badge kissing players fucking off over the back fence need a little perspective in their lives. That said, I am enjoying his lack of success.

he moved because he thought he'd win more. So what? Football is a career. He's a hired gun. The only problem I have with him is his lack of application and desire for the last 12 months of his time at LFC. That's the reason I wouldn't want him back. Those who get het up by badge kissing players fucking off over the back fence need a little perspective in their lives. That said, I am enjoying his lack of success.

I can understand him leaving. I can understand Gerrard wanting to leave back when he almost did.

What I can't fucking comprehend is how much disrespect he showed to our fans and our players, how he revealed that at the core of his character lies a consummate, consuming selfishness and cuntishness. Prick.

When Torres left Atletico for us he was the ultimate in humility and respect for both clubs. He endeared himself right away to Liverpool fans by saying all the right things about Liverpool's history and traditions. He also made sure the Atletico fans stayed onside by saying over and over how Atletico is in his heart and how hard it was to leave. I remember him saying that Liverpool reminded him of Atletico and that was a big reason why he came to us.

After he signed for us and did the interviews and photos etc he flew back to Atletico by private plane to say goodbye properly which was a nice touch.

Contrast that to how he left us for Chelsea. I know behind the scenes he must have told Kenny and the board that he wanted out before it became public knowledge. I'm not naive enough to think that the first time anyone at Liverpool knew he wanted to go to Chelsea was the day he put in the request but the reason he put in the request was to force Liverpool to sell. He knew once it was out there and the deadline was ticking that Liverpool had to take the money. They would never risk holding on to a unhappy player for 5 months. The damage of doing that to team morale would be devastating. As I said earlier he left Liverpool in a crap league position and some of the reason for that was his crap performances for many many matches.

He also went to a club that Liverpool despise. He could have waited until May, banged in some goals, lifted Liverpool up the table and left for Inter, Barca or whoever with mostly warm wishes.

Also I would like to bring up his book that he wrote where he says how much he loves Liverpool FC and the city. He was full of shit.

He knew that Liverpool fans would hate him for going to Chelsea and he still did it. It is sweet that he chose the wrong club. City would have been a better option but Chelsea are a team in worse shape than we are. Goalkeeper is iffy, defence all over the place, midfield slow and crap, wingers inconsistent and strikers old and past it. Also Abramovich's shadow is now starting to undermine the manager. Ancelotti won the double in his first season and nothing in his second and he gets fired. How can you manage a club like that? Villas-Boas was crazy to go there.

Kenny won the double in 1985-86 then nothing in 1986-87, then the league in 1987-88 and almost the cup, then he won the cup in 1988-89 and a whisker from winning the league. He almost had 3 doubles. Anyway if Abramovich had been our owner then Kenny would have been out in 1987 and all the success that followed would never have happened. He has no idea. I can see Torres being shipped out very soon and I don't think there will be many takers.

AVB must not like what he's seeing in Torres on the training pitch as that would be the only reason Sturridge is getting games ahead of him. Not just PL games but games in the CL where he can't even get on the pitch for a 10 minute cameo. How would the LFC fans have reacted if any of our managers had tried that? They'd have been lynched, but back then he was worth a shit, now look at him. A shell of a player that even the BBC and Sky lauded.

The fact he has been so shit for them is proof enough why the Chelsea fans haven't even mummered disapproval.

When Torres left Atletico for us he was the ultimate in humility and respect for both clubs. He endeared himself right away to Liverpool fans by saying all the right things about Liverpool's history and traditions. He also made sure the Atletico fans stayed onside by saying over and over how Atletico is in his heart and how hard it was to leave. I remember him saying that Liverpool reminded him of Atletico and that was a big reason why he came to us.

After he signed for us and did the interviews and photos etc he flew back to Atletico by private plane to say goodbye properly which was a nice touch.

Contrast that to how he left us for Chelsea. I know behind the scenes he must have told Kenny and the board that he wanted out before it became public knowledge. I'm not naive enough to think that the first time anyone at Liverpool knew he wanted to go to Chelsea was the day he put in the request but the reason he put in the request was to force Liverpool to sell. He knew once it was out there and the deadline was ticking that Liverpool had to take the money. They would never risk holding on to a unhappy player for 5 months. The damage of doing that to team morale would be devastating. As I said earlier he left Liverpool in a crap league position and some of the reason for that was his crap performances for many many matches.

He also went to a club that Liverpool despise. He could have waited until May, banged in some goals, lifted Liverpool up the table and left for Inter, Barca or whoever with mostly warm wishes.

Also I would like to bring up his book that he wrote where he says how much he loves Liverpool FC and the city. He was full of shit.

He knew that Liverpool fans would hate him for going to Chelsea and he still did it. It is sweet that he chose the wrong club. City would have been a better option but Chelsea are a team in worse shape than we are. Goalkeeper is iffy, defence all over the place, midfield slow and crap, wingers inconsistent and strikers old and past it. Also Abramovich's shadow is now starting to undermine the manager. Ancelotti won the double in his first season and nothing in his second and he gets fired. How can you manage a club like that? Villas-Boas was crazy to go there.

Kenny won the double in 1985-86 then nothing in 1986-87, then the league in 1987-88 and almost the cup, then he won the cup in 1988-89 and a whisker from winning the league. He almost had 3 doubles. Anyway if Abramovich had been our owner then Kenny would have been out in 1987 and all the success that followed would never have happened. He has no idea. I can see Torres being shipped out very soon and I don't think there will be many takers.

No chance. There will always be takers. He'll end up either playing for a decent Spanish side or one of the top teams in Italy. Like City, if Chelsea want to ship him out then they'll just pay 75% of his wages and teams will be queuing up to have him in their team.

Abramovich doesn't give a shit anymore, he's too busy in court trying to make sure he doesn't get shafted for £3.5 BILLION from his ex business partner. I think Hiddink will be in charge by Christmas. Torres will be playing for someone else within 18 months.

You don't really beleive that do you? I think if he was offered back to Liverpool for £15m-£20m they would seriously think about it. They would be mad not to. I can't see it EVER happening but their last big money flop went back to AC Milan after he had failed at Chelsea...

Edit: I think the crowds reaction at the final game of the season against the Chavs will be the final nail in the coffin for Torres ever returning to Liverpool.

His misfortune there and a toothy Uruguayan have certainly made his moving on much easier to take.

Given his laughing and joking with our players moments after our second win agaisnt his team at Stamford Bridge this year, I'd wonder how mentally focussed he is on getting back to his best, but thankfully that's not our problem.

I don't think there were any guarantees that himself and Suarez would have been the perfect striking couple either. I think Torres was always his best as the main man, never more so than with Gerrard in the form of his life behind him.

Guest davelfc

Wrong, Kenny had been down when as he younger at the request of Shankly and decided he was too young for the move. So he did know a little of us.

From the moment he first set foot in the Anfield dressing room nervously asking for autographs while having a trial at the club, Dalglish felt a passion for Liverpool stir within him. After joining from Celtic in 1977, the supremely gifted striker was embraced by Liverpool fans, for the goals and the glory, and most especially for the three European Cups.

He goes into it in some detail in his book, 'In my Liverpool home'

Sulker gave us nothing really for quite a while, had be put a shift in we might have lived up to his expectations. He deserves exactly what he has at the moment , he got himself into a mindset and he can't seem to get out of it.

Good riddance.

I genuinely think he left us (in his own mind) for the right reasons. He left a team languishing in the bottom half of the table, out of the champions and with not much hope of qualifying for it in the near future. The fact that he left for Chelsea, even back in January, left me scratching my head. So many players at Chelsea are in the twilight of their careers. I can only assume he was so desperate to get out of here that he took the first offer on the table. This transfer has left no real winners. We lost a true world class centre forward (admittedly a proper uninterested sulky one at the end). Chelsea signed a player who has become a shadow of the player he was at Liverpool (prior to him being a sulky twat!), and Torres looks miserable as fuck. You reap what you sow and all that...

You don't really beleive that do you? I think if he was offered back to Liverpool for £15m-£20m they would seriously think about it. They would be mad not to. I can't see it EVER happening but their last big money flop went back to AC Milan after he had failed at Chelsea...

Edit: I think the crowds reaction at the final game of the season against the Chavs will be the final nail in the coffin for Torres ever returning to Liverpool.

Sorry but for £15-20M we can do better than, what will then be a 28yr old player, missing at least a yard or even more of pace (or at least that burst of accleration that he used to get away from the opposition) and not shown what he can do for nearly 2 yrs! Far better out there. Would rather we went for Gomez, Higuain or even that Wolfswinkel kid.

I doubt FSG would even sanction it.

Sorry but for £15-20M we can do better than, what will then be a 28yr old player, missing at least a yard or even more of pace (or at least that burst of accleration that he used to get away from the opposition) and not shown what he can do for nearly 2 yrs! Far better out there. Would rather we went for Gomez, Higuain or even that Wolfswinkel kid.

I doubt FSG would even sanction it.

Neither of those players would be available at that price.. I would expect at least £25m+

FSG would sanction it IF Kenny wanted it to happen. They'd make their money back on shirt sales alone.