You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Help with buying tickets

g0lanb

Hey everyone!

I'm a huge fan from Israel, and was wondering if maybe you can help me out a little bit - I'm planning a trip to London around Christmas so I can catch a few games. Obviously I plan on going to a Liverpool game (Home or away, doesn't matter), and just wanted to ask a few questions so that I'll be able to plan my trip in a better way:

1) What's the cheapest way to get from London to Liverpool, and how long does it take to commute?

2) Where can I find tickets for Liverpool games on Christmas? All I can find in Israel are extremely expensive package deals that I can't afford.

3) Should I order the tickets before I fly or will I be able to find cheaper tickets around match-day?

4) Any other games you might recommend me going to around Christmas? I can't find the full fixtures for some reason.

Thanks and sorry if I posted this on the wrong forum :)

Guest davelfc

Wrong Forum!

To assist you with the only part of your enquiry that is suitable for this forum. I believe the cheapest way to travel from London to Liverpool is via National Express coach.

National Express Coaches // Coach & Bus Travel Throughout The UK

Trainline.com or similar can give you prices on advance rail ticket prices but I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting a ticket cheap, but it all depends on how far in advance you buy and what dates you plan on travelling.

I'd pick the coach if I was you.

Guest davelfc

You can get return fares on the coach for £14, it's roughly 5 to 5 1/2 hours if you manage one with no stops.

This still is the cheapest way to travel, which is what he asked.

I'd estimate around xmas train fares of £60 return if you're lucky enough to get them now and are prepared for the restrictive times for those fares. Personally I'd rather pay the extra for a non stop train journey but cheapest is cheapest.

I would try to contact the club as they sometimes 'find' tickets for visitors who are unlikely to get over too often for logistical reasons ( They probably expect you to hit the club shop heavily ).

They also do a package thing with a meal in Stanley Park on the club website which coupled with sorting your own airfare will probably be much cheaper than the all-in package you would have to buy in Israel.

I would try to contact the club as they sometimes 'find' tickets for visitors who are unlikely to get over too often for logistical reasons ( They probably expect you to hit the club shop heavily ).

They also do a package thing with a meal in Stanley Park on the club website which coupled with sorting your own airfare will probably be much cheaper than the all-in package you would have to buy in Israel.

When I entered the official website and looked for tickets for one of the home games it said all of the tickets are sold out (Well, at least the ones a normal man can afford lol). Who can I contact over there to try and get tickets anyway?

And what about away games? any away game on christmas close to London? I believe it could be easier for me to get tickets to an away match rather than a sold-out one at Anfield :P

When I entered the official website and looked for tickets for one of the home games it said all of the tickets are sold out (Well, at least the ones a normal man can afford lol). Who can I contact over there to try and get tickets anyway?

And what about away games? any away game on christmas close to London? I believe it could be easier for me to get tickets to an away match rather than a sold-out one at Anfield :P

ticket office opening times and contact numbers are on this link

Ticket Office and Customer Service Contact Details and Opening Times

You should give them a call, explain you are coming over and its a once in a lifetime chance to see the team play and they might be able to help you out

good luck