You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF Marmite Thread

Remmie

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Marmite?

My mums, husbands, son made a marmite cake a while back. It was odd but not horrible, think he just needs to reduce the amount of marmite in the recipe not because of the taste but it was really heavy and dense.

How much Marmite did he put in it?

Call me narrow minded but I have to say it sounds a bit like it came from one of Simon's recipe books

• Upvote 1

It was more than a tablespoon and was meant to be a sponge but it just didn't work properly.

I could have been persuaded by a Marmite scone but the sponge idea makes me feel a bit queezy (sp?)

• 1 year later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Now, I think either position is acceptable. This isn't a pro-bean/anti-bean type thing, where anti-bean bastards are in the wrong. I hate it, but most of my family love it. My contention is that more people dislike it than like it. What say you?

• Downvote 1

I love it. But not for breakfast

I can't imagine another time of day when you'd eat it.

I'm middle of the road sometimes I'm in the mood othertimes not.

It is meant to be good for warding off highland midges though, I found coating myself in carcongenic DEET was more effective.