You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Queen.

Sugar Ape

I am a bit drunk and listening to Queen. Freddie is the greatest frontman that has ever lived. What a fucking gigantic legend he was. Just 45 when he died.

celebrity-pictures-freddie-mercury-gay-compliment.jpg

[YOUTUBE]BAf2S6ij2gk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]LRt2jX1kaYo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]VMnjF1O4eH0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]MCMV1j_VnVs[/YOUTUBE]

And one for all the people doing the Movember thing.

freddie-mercury-freddie-mercury-queen-stache-demotivational-poster-1275886899.jpg

• Upvote 1

I can't remember hearing it too often in town, is it on really late when i'd be to done in to care?

It's something that's played quite often at parties ect when i've got the kids out with me. They're dragged to the dance floor and ordered to perform, a bit like those Russian bears. A treasured memory i reckon, they might not though.

One of those TRUE legends of music was Freddie Mercury and backed up by an awesome band. These computer using autotune twats today have fuck all on the likes of Queen, Led Zep and so on.

As a side note though, What have Freddie Mercury and Colin McRae got in common? They both died after sitting on a dodgy chopper.........

Great band, and one of the best frontmen who evr lived without doubt.

This one never fails to send shivers down my spine, especially when you consider how ill he was when he recorded the vocal. He had to have known there wasn't long left.

[YOUTUBE]4ADh8Fs3YdU[/YOUTUBE]

Totally agree on this. His vocals are absolutely unbelievable on this. This is one of my all time favourite songs, never mind just a favourite Queen track.

Mercury was an outstanding front man, the very best ever in my book. Voice, presence, ability, charisma, the lot.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It was nice to hear a song about a man's struggle with HIV, and the resilience he showed by still performing, reduced to the lows of X-Factor's brave decision to carry on making money from another act despite kicking Frankie Cockblower out. The show must go on, indeed. Another win for Cowellovision™.

My very first gig, Queen "Night At The Opera" tour, Liverpool Empire November 1975, supprted by Mr Big - not the US big hair band but a bunch of Scots who had their big hit with "get back inside me romeo". Support stunk - the singer / guitarist offered the front row out after they laughed at him for breaking a string - Queen were brilliant. Didnt follow then for a while after that, Jazz, Hot space, News Of The World just bored me, but then Innuendo came out and I thought they were back to their bombastic best. Sheer Heart Attack for me is still their best album.

My very first gig, Queen "Night At The Opera" tour, Liverpool Empire November 1975, supprted by Mr Big - not the US big hair band but a bunch of Scots who had their big hit with "get back inside me romeo". Support stunk - the singer / guitarist offered the front row out after they laughed at him for breaking a string - Queen were brilliant. Didnt follow then for a while after that, Jazz, Hot space, News Of The World just bored me, but then Innuendo came out and I thought they were back to their bombastic best. Sheer Heart Attack for me is still their best album.

Jeez, how old are you? I saw them play the Empire in either 80 or 81, in any event it was the last time they played there. Mercury was just totally spellbinding, easily the best frontman of them all. "Sheer Heart Attack" was a tremendous album as you say, I preferred "A Night At The Opera" myself but like you, my interest waned after their first 5 magnificent albums, their 80's stadium work does nothing for me. Great, great performer was Mr Bulsara.

Jeez, how old are you? I saw them play the Empire in either 80 or 81, in any event it was the last time they played there. Mercury was just totally spellbinding, easily the best frontman of them all. "Sheer Heart Attack" was a tremendous album as you say, I preferred "A Night At The Opera" myself but like you, my interest waned after their first 5 magnificent albums, their 80's stadium work does nothing for me. Great, great performer was Mr Bulsara.

I'm 49 in a couple of weeks time.

40 fucking 9.

My brother use to go out with a girl who worked in radio city.She use to get free tickets for concerts,anyway they got tickets to see mot the hoople and the support band was queen.

The following night it had changed to queen with mot the hoople as support,they were that good live back then.