You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Govt. Bans "Muslims Against Crusades"

AngryOfTuebrook

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It still won't be a proper democracy. You can't have a democracy with the media like it is, or the way parties are funded. It's much more than just PR, isn't it - regardless of what form.

All minority hate groups- MAC, NF, EFC, whatever- are all the same, a small group of nobheads who think everyone else should hear their opinion. The best thing is to ignore them- give them 0 coverage in the media. OR.. we could get a big fuck off gang together, have a cool name like Cuntin Bastard Squad (CBS), dress in black, get tooled up with body armour and big sticks, and kick fuck out of any cunt who has a protest. Not the violent ones, we don't want to inflame the situation, but we could batter some hippies.

Would have been nice to have a vote on PR instead of that 'miserable little compromise'.

Wouldn't it just, what a shame nobody was offering.

The LibDems are in a better position now than they'd have been with PR.

They're in government with the lowest share of the vote of the 3 main parties at the last election and PR wouldnt have given them that.

How on earth do you figure that out?

guy-fawkes%20(2).jpg

Remember, remember, the fifth of November...

Didn't blow himself up tho did he ?

My original point was, that there is a big difference in mentality between someone who kills people for a 'cause' without harming themselves and someone who is so batshit crazy and wrapped up in their ideology that they are prepared to be a martyr by taking themselves out. In any other context , other than religion, it may be considered 'noble'.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Didn't blow himself up tho did he ?

My original point was, that there is a big difference in mentality between someone who kills people for a 'cause' without harming themselves and someone who is so batshit crazy and wrapped up in their ideology that they are prepared to be a martyr by taking themselves out. In any other context , other than religion, it may be considered 'noble'.

To whom are you referring, and which events? I think one of the biggest mistakes we can make is to ignore the cause of suicide bombers. They don't blow themselves up for the fun of it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Here'a an idea ...... Lets ban religion instead, we don't need it anymore as we live in a society of rules / laws

Or, alternatively, don't. ;)

Its always easier to have simple answers to causes such as Al Qaedas rather than explore the reasons behind it. To blame it on religion is the easy way out.

Look at the Palestinians,their lives must be so full of abject misery and hopelessness that they believe that blowing themselves up is a better option than living the way they are.

Thats a fucked up way of thinking to me but there has to be something deeper that causes that mentality.

I find that way of thinking tragic and surely as fellow humans we need to understand those reasons.

The biggest problems for the powers that be is that if those reasons are revealed then there is likely to be an outpouring of sympathy and little support for all these wars and conflicts that are happening.

After all,who would then buy all the weapons being made if there were no wars?

Religious crazy is religious crazy. I don't see the difference between people who kill in the name of ideology, and people who are prepared to blow themselves up in the attack as well, save that the former are surely the more dangerous because they are still around to do it again, and again, and again.

Its always easier to have simple answers to causes such as Al Qaedas rather than explore the reasons behind it. To blame it on religion is the easy way out.

Look at the Palestinians,their lives must be so full of abject misery and hopelessness that they believe that blowing themselves up is a better option than living the way they are.

Thats a fucked up way of thinking to me but there has to be something deeper that causes that mentality.

I find that way of thinking tragic and surely as fellow humans we need to understand those reasons.

The biggest problems for the powers that be is that if those reasons are revealed then there is likely to be an outpouring of sympathy and little support for all these wars and conflicts that are happening.

After all,who would then buy all the weapons being made if there were no wars?

Good post. I think it's easier for the Pentagon et al to caricature these people as just zealots, but the fact of the matter is they often have nothing to lose and have something to gain by doing what they do, because these organisations promise to take care of their families when they're gone.