You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Sorry mate, meant to rep, I’ll even it out. That’s outstanding stuff

There was another yesterday who was just chatting about cricket fairly normally and then someone who had a picture of a woman in their profile turned up. He basically told her he wanted to marry her, and was explaining how financially stable he was and that he had a "very good modern telephone".

19 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

There was another yesterday who was just chatting about cricket fairly normally and then someone who had a picture of a woman in their profile turned up. He basically told her he wanted to marry her, and was explaining how financially stable he was and that he had a "very good modern telephone".

Ha ha ha

11 hours ago, Olddantucker said:

It's the Bendan McCullum effect.  You'll win more than your fair share, have some big losses but not be boring.  That's the Black Craps for you.

There's no need to thank us for your Kiwi coach and Kiwi captain...

Have you thanked South Africa for Conway and Wagner? Modern cricket aye!

41 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Can’t get my head around how different the test team looks now. It’s mind-blowing.

You’d still ideally like probably 3 changes to the side as well. 

A positive attitude can make a hell of a difference. I question whether it can make enough of a difference consistently against the best test sides in the world with that batting line up though. 

Been trying to get a debate going on twitter about an all time test XI. My only criteria is that it is from within your lifetime. I've started from the mid to late 80's, as i may look upon the period just prior to that with a misty eyed fondness but i don't really recall it in any clarity. 

So for my XI, i whittled it down to :-

Cook

G Smith (c)

Lara

Tendulkar 

Kallis

de Villiers

Gilchrist (wk)

Warne

Wasim Akram

Ambrose

Mcgrath     

I debated over Hayden instead of Cook, but i think Cook is hugely undervalued as an opener, hugely obstinate and the perfect temperament. Plus i wanted to shoehorn one English player in and sadly i couldn't really find room for Root or Anderson (again not much between him and Wasim either). Kallis seemed to me the obvious choice as the "all rounder" and i'm not leaving out de Villiers out, probably my all time favourite cricketer, along with Warne.  

Interested to see others XI's though.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Been trying to get a debate going on twitter about an all time test XI. My only criteria is that it is from within your lifetime. I've started from the mid to late 80's, as i may look upon the period just prior to that with a misty eyed fondness but i don't really recall it in any clarity. 

So for my XI, i whittled it down to :-

Cook

G Smith (c)

Lara

Tendulkar 

Kallis

de Villiers

Gilchrist (wk)

Warne

Wasim Akram

Ambrose

Mcgrath     

I debated over Hayden instead of Cook, but i think Cook is hugely undervalued as an opener, hugely obstinate and the perfect temperament. Plus i wanted to shoehorn one English player in and sadly i couldn't really find room for Root or Anderson (again not much between him and Wasim either). Kallis seemed to me the obvious choice as the "all rounder" and i'm not leaving out de Villiers out, probably my all time favourite cricketer, along with Warne.  

Interested to see others XI's though.  

Some great picks there Longo. The only change I would make is Steve Waugh in for Graeme Smith.

3 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

Some great picks there Longo. The only change I would make is Steve Waugh in for Graeme Smith.

As an opener though? Didn't Waugh play at 5 normally?

I'll admit i found the opening pair the hardest part but the criteria i insisted on was that they actually had to be openers.

6 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

As an opener though? Didn't Waugh play at 5 normally?

I'll admit i found the opening pair the hardest part but the criteria i insisted on was that they actually had to be openers.

That might be my shit memory and having to look up his figures (51.06avg)...

Yeah, he was a middle order. My mistake. I just remember him and his brother being a fucking nightmare to shift. A bit like Michael Hussey.