You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He's the perfect like for like replacement agreed.

But in my opinion Ball is the better bowler and against such a side we know we're going to beat now is thew perfect time to give him a chance.

I've never even heard of Ball never mind seen him bowl so I can't comment on him at all.

I've been impressed with Woakes in the past though, he's been very unlucky in a few innings i've seen where he's swung the ball and beaten the edge without getting the wickets to show for it.

I prefer to give a player a good chance before discarding him and looking at other options.

Obviously if there's a superstar coming through then it's different.

It's a shame Wood is injured.

I've never even heard of Ball never mind seen him bowl so I can't comment on him at all.

I've been impressed with Woakes in the past though, he's been very unlucky in a few innings i've seen where he's swung the ball and beaten the edge without getting the wickets to show for it.

I prefer to give a player a good chance before discarding him and looking at other options.

Obviously if there's a superstar coming through then it's different.

It's a shame Wood is injured.

Completely agree about Woods.

It's a toss up between the two and I'm not for a second degenerating Woakes.

I just think it's the perfect opportunity for Ball.

Enjoyed reading the first half of Aggers' column on the Beeb the other day, which more or less amounted to "Why the fuck are we playing Test matches in Leeds in May?" Mostly because I said the same thing a number of times during the match, and I like it when people agree with me.

Guest Pistonbroke

Nice of Sri Lanka to let Moheen finally get a decent knock under his belt. Sri lanka will not even try to make a game of this now, they'll scratch around before eventually being skittled out twice before Tea on Monday. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Reminds me of Gary Kirsten a bit does Karunaratne...in that he's also left handed.

Fucking hell, what a complete spacker this lad is. Bowled around his legs by a seamer. 

I was reading an article the other day about the ICC talking about a relegation/promotion idea for Test match cricket, Sri Lanka will overtake Zimbabwe as the worst Test team if they don't sort out their top order. 

I was reading an article the other day about the ICC talking about a relegation/promotion idea for Test match cricket, Sri Lanka will overtake Zimbabwe as the worst Test team if they don't sort out their top order. 

Before the cricket started they had the Cricket debate thing on Sky. Agreed entirely with Holding, it's time for two leagues with the occasional Div 1 v Div 2 game but always played in the Div 2 country (to help promote/develop the game). Also allow entry in to Div 2 if countries can demonstrate they have the infrastructure, domestic league, etc.

This current series is a complete waste of time.

Guest Pistonbroke

Before the cricket started they had the Cricket debate thing on Sky. Agreed entirely with Holding, it's time for two leagues with the occasional Div 1 v Div 2 game but always played in the Div 2 country (to help promote/develop the game). Also allow entry in to Div 2 if countries can demonstrate they have the infrastructure, domestic league, etc.

This current series is a complete waste of time.

True, hence why Durham got a test mate, tis all about the money. 

I went to buy a bottle of JB from the shop at tea break and SL are now 3 down. 

Guest Pistonbroke

58/4 now, Woakes gets Matthews out for 3 after Matthews spunked a review, he must have known he had nicked that.