You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yep, Ian Chappell said it well when he said he's the type of bowler to draw a batsman into a shot or he'll get wickets, both of which make for good watching.

NB This is the 2nd consecutive day (which was again a very interesting day's play) the umpires have called bad light, which is done purely on the meter reading and NOT through any consultation with the players, which is staggeringly a new guideline that I find completely baffling.

The ICC are as useless as their Blatter-led counterparts.

Surely they have to introduce night cricket? It shouldnt be a problem in Australia though, especially during the height of summer.

I wish Mark Nicholas was a commentator on Sky.

He's very good, he does does do sky commentary i believe but only for non england test matches.

I do n ot agree with evening test match cricket though. Limited over cricket has already shown there is a too much of a difference between natural light/conditions and artificial ones.

Test cricket is fine and doesn't need tampering with. If anything it should be played less so each test match is more special.

He's very good, he does does do sky commentary i believe but only for non england test matches.

He works for the Australian network and is commentating at this moment on Sky Sports 2 as thats where they are getting the pictures from.

I think he does the highlights for Channel 5 for the English summer.

The Gabba is fucking empty for this match.

For anyone interested in the County games at Aigburth, here are the dates:

Thursday, 12 April 2012

LV County Championship - Division One

Lancashire v Sussex, Liverpool, 11:00

Thursday, 19 April 2012

Lancashire v Warwickshire, Liverpool, 11:00

Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Lancashire v Middlesex, Liverpool, 11:00

Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Lancashire v Somerset, Liverpool, 11:00

I wish Mark Nicholas was a commentator on Sky.

and replace who?

Gower, Botham, Atherton, Holding are all class and Bumble is a character.

He could probably replace Nasser, but I am starting to like Hussain as a pundit.

I'm watching the Aussies in work on my phone, absolutely love the coverage of the Aussie summers. Their commentators are even better than ours; Nichollas, Slater, Greig, Taylor, Healey, Lawry, Ian Chappell; all quality. Is Benaud still knocking about as well? Not heard him so far this year. There are probably others that I've forgotten too.

This is developing into a decent game, Australia 239/5 now. The next few hours will be crucial to the match I reckon.

and replace who?

Gower, Botham, Atherton, Holding are all class and Bumble is a character.

He could probably replace Nasser, but I am starting to like Hussain as a pundit.

Nick fucking cunting Knight.

The single most boring person in cricket. He's got a theory about every single delivery. Unfortunately they're all utter shite.

He's essentially a poor man's Nasser Hussain.

Australia absolutely rode their luck today but made it count. Still.plenty of worries with the bat though, as the selectors need to be looking to the Ashes series in 18 months time. For me, big question marks still hang over Hughes, Ponting and Haddin. Khawaja looks all class and the new brigade of bowlers in Cummins, Pattinson (yes, 'England's' Darren's brother!), Starc and Lyon.

I just feel by prolonging certain players against a lesser light like NZ, it's papering over the cracks as far as developing some young talent.

Impressive fast bowling talent coming through for the Aussies. Really like the look of Pattinson and Cummins. Aside from Starc who still looks slightly raw, the likes of Cutting, Copeland, and Coulter-Nile look to be seriously impressive contenders. Johnson will come under serious pressure to retain his place in the side in the coming months. The next Ashes should be a fascinating series.