You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone else been watching New Zealand and Australia? Watched some of the first day last night, New Zealand are 171-5.

I thought Nathan Lyon was superb, especially in his spell just before lunch.

Second day starts at midnight.

Yep, Ian Chappell said it well when he said he's the type of bowler to draw a batsman into a shot or he'll get wickets, both of which make for good watching.

NB This is the 2nd consecutive day (which was again a very interesting day's play) the umpires have called bad light, which is done purely on the meter reading and NOT through any consultation with the players, which is staggeringly a new guideline that I find completely baffling.

The ICC are as useless as their Blatter-led counterparts.

Back to the cricket itself -

I hope Ponting gets the ton tonight. Can't believe its been nearly 2 years since his last one. I can understand the pressure of the crumbling Aussie team might have had an effect on his own form, and now Clarke has the reigns - Ricky can get back to doing what he does best - being a beast of a batsman.