You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

For the sake of mankind, let alone cricket fans - i hope he gets it.

Such a wonderful player deserves an accolade that will never be beaten.

Like Bradman's 99.99 average, Tendulkar's 100 100's will be unique.

I'll be rooting for him

I started a thread at the start of the summer wanting him to do it here.

To do it at his home time ground...I've goose bumps just typing that.

It would be fitting for him to do it there, and given the opposition - it looks quite likely to happen, i just hope he can hold his nerve in the 90's, i can't even imagine the pressure he'll be under once he gets there.

I've been a cricket fan for almost the entire length of his career (im 32), and i can honestly say its been an absolute pleasure to have watched him in action. I can see him calling time on his career fairly soon - and cricket will be losing a certified icon when we no longer see him at the crease.

Go on Sachin lad, do it for cricket.

While Tendulkar is a magnificent batsman I've always been amazed at the relative lack of credit given to Rahul Dravid,I might have mentioned this before but I've always rated Dravid as hes the rock that many Indian innings have been built on and a model of consistency.

I remember him being a pretty decent wicket keeper in his early years too.

Dravid is immense. He will be only the 2nd batsman to get 13,000 runs in test cricket (Ponting may too, but the clock isn't on his side), and im sure i heard that Dravid has the most catches in test match cricket too. His input into the golden era of Indian cricket shouldn't be overlooked, but he will always be in Tendulkar's shadow imo. This isn't to say he's given a lack of credit as you say - as im sure his team-mates respect his achievements , as much as the indian public and the cricketing media do too. He is a genuine great, and he will be remembered as such.

It would be fitting for him to do it there, and given the opposition - it looks quite likely to happen, i just hope he can hold his nerve in the 90's, i can't even imagine the pressure he'll be under once he gets there.

I've been a cricket fan for almost the entire length of his career (im 32), and i can honestly say its been an absolute pleasure to have watched him in action. I can see him calling time on his career fairly soon - and cricket will be losing a certified icon when we no longer see him at the crease.

Go on Sachin lad, do it for cricket.

32 in January mate, couldn't agree more with your post.

While Tendulkar is a magnificent batsman I've always been amazed at the relative lack of credit given to Rahul Dravid,I might have mentioned this before but I've always rated Dravid as hes the rock that many Indian innings have been built on and a model of consistency.

Yep, Dravid is immense mate.

Welcome to the cricket side of TLW.

There isn't a batsman in world cricket, even now at whatever he is (38/39?), that I'd rather have to save a game.

World class cricketer, and literally a top top fella.

Just like to add to some of the praise of Dravid, I've always found the attention and adulation of Tendulkar a little bit off-putting (no fault of his own, and the man is an absolute legend) whilst Dravid just sits there in the background hardly getting any credit. He conducts himself fantastically off the pitch, I'll always remember the way he handled himself and the interview he gave after the Bell run out fiasco in the summer. And when the Indian side were capitulating time and time again it always seemed to be him who dug in at the crease and then faced up to the media after.

Love him.

Set the alarm for four o'clock this morning, pissed the bird off because I woke her when I got up to then get out for 94.

I'm now working a 15 hour day and I'm fucked.

Was convinced he'd do it too.

The time you're not watching is the time he will get it.

I bet he gets it in a one dayer against Zimbabwe or someone when its not on TV over here.

Shame. I wasnt watching but when I got up I was praying he got it.

He'll get there, though.

He'll just play on until he gets it. No way he'll retire until then, even if it takes him another 10 years!

I'm looking forward to the Australia v New Zealand games, should be interesting especially as the Kiwis have a new skipper and the Aussies a new coach.