You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think his name was Briggs.

Yeah that is it. He has a bright future and I think it would have been better to get him in the squad and get experience than have Patel, who won't get in the team and isn't the future.

Not at all mate.

I hate Ponting, 'Dizzy' and Johnson with out a shadow of doubt, but actually like and respect the great aussie sides.

Even if they did push it to the limit.

What about Hayden?

He always seemed like the biggest wanker in that team to me. Pretty good opening batsman though the twat.

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently Dravid scored over 30,000 runs as a partnership.

Aren`t all runs scored as part of a partnership?

Feeling a bit torn, although I knew this was around the corner. He was a hero growing up and one of the constants for me. Absolute fucking legend. Quietly went about his business. He`ll be missed big time.

Why has he gone now - surely he could have been given a farewell game in India. Plus he still can cut it - he was good in Windies and England.

I'd say he's gone now because the Indian cricket team is in decline, any team would miss Kumble, Harbajan at his best, Tendulkar, Laxman, and Sehwag (all of whom have quit or are close to quitting), these are some of the best players to have graced the game.

Fantastic player and a true gent.

Speaking of legends, I read one of my childhood heroes turned 60 this week, Mr Calypso Cricket himself, Sir Viv Richards.