You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

His shot selection definitely is, Baz.

It just felt inevitable he was going to get himself out like that. He makes the shot selection of a 12 year old. 

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Vaughan saying that if England win that Crawley will probably get reprieved, but I am not following the logic if he has had barely nothing positive to do with any of the results.

Yeah, I don't understand that either. I don't think either openers have done enough, but at least Lees has put some runs on the board. But he's another one who never looks like he's in and could get out to every delivery. 

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Vaughan saying that if England win that Crawley will probably get reprieved, but I am not following the logic if he has had barely nothing positive to do with any of the results.

He’s forgotten the appendix to the rule…

Never change a wining team. Unless one of the team is fucking shite. 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It just felt inevitable he was going to get himself out like that. He makes the shot selection of a 12 year old. 

Yeah, I don't understand that either. I don't think either openers have done enough, but at least Lees has put some runs on the board. But he's another one who never looks like he's in and could get out to every delivery. 

As long as we don't go back to Sibley or Burns - both of whom always seem to go into their shells and let the fielding dominate. Lees deserves a Crawley-free run opening, but as far as alternatives go -  Tom Haines I've seen a little of, and he seems to be mentally tough, and Rob Yates seems to have a growing fan club but, not following Warwicks, I haven't seen anything of him.

• Upvote 1

This has been a problem for years. 

You had people calling for Cook to be dropped when he was admittedly going through a prolonged period of poor form. 

But he was the only test quality opening batsman we had. Who the fuck were you going to replace him with when he’d had a string of useless twats with him.