You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mgw100 said:

I'll watch it but fear the worst. Unbelievable levels of optimism in this....

Ashes: Pundits predict Australia v England scoreline - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59491001

Yeah, I'm going 4-0 or 4-1 to Australia.

Australia aren't actually that good, but England generally get thrashed when things go wrong.  Since I moved here it's been:

Lost 5-0

Won 3-1 

Lost 5-0

Lost 4-0

7 hours ago, Brownie said:

Jimmy out of the first test. Great.

It's a blessing in disguise, mate. He's improved a lot as a bowler later in his career (especially overseas), but in 4 Brisbane Tests he has taken 7 wickets @ 75. 

It looks like there will be 2x D/N Tests now too, which should suit him better. Make sure he's absolutely cherry ripe for those. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, sir roger said:

Fucksake , just realised Sky haven't got the Ashes.

Not sure what I am paying these cunts for other than a few football and boxing matches.Anybody know if there is any terrestrial coverage ?

Agreed. They lose more and more sport yet the price continues to rise. Even the big fights are PPV. Think I’ll fuck it off in the new year

• Upvote 1

Pope picked over Bairstow. I think that's the right call. Pope's test career hasn't really got going but he's the future. We know we are unlikely to get more than a few attractive 30s from Bairstow. Apparently it's between Leach and Broad from the 12 below

Joe Root (c), Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler (wkt), Haseeb Hameed, Jack Leach, Dawid Malan, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.

4 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

BBC have got highlights I think mate.

Doesn't look like it , CS , checked all terrestrial stations for the next week and no mention anywhere. Usually watch until the lunch break and then catch up in the morning. Guess this series will pass me by ( which may be a good thing looking at the odds )

The Ashes will also be available to stream on ICC.tv in the same regions via a pay-per-view subscription which will be announced shortly.

BBC have won the broadcasting rights for the highlight show. The times of the highlights have not yet been confirmed and will vary depending on the timings of the tests.

https://www.nationalworld.com/sport/how-to-watch-ashes-202122-uk-coverage-of-australia-vs-england-series-tv-channel-live-stream-and-highlights-3477228

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

The Ashes will also be available to stream on ICC.tv in the same regions via a pay-per-view subscription which will be announced shortly.

BBC have won the broadcasting rights for the highlight show. The times of the highlights have not yet been confirmed and will vary depending on the timings of the tests.

https://www.nationalworld.com/sport/how-to-watch-ashes-202122-uk-coverage-of-australia-vs-england-series-tv-channel-live-stream-and-highlights-3477228

Yeah they've said they can't broadcast any live coverage through the night but have promised to show the test card throughout open play

Testcard_F.jpg

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, sir roger said:

Yes , VD , don't have BT.

Was hoping there was a highlights package on the normal channels.

7 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

BBC have got highlights I think mate.

As CS says, BBC have highlights available on the iPlayer :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59443111

The BBC will have digital in-play clips for UK users within its live coverage of the men's Ashes when the iconic cricketing battle between England and Australia resumes on Wednesday, 8 December.

In addition to ball-by-ball Test Match Special commentary, the BBC has also secured rights to a daily highlights show.

The highlights show, which will be available on BBC iPlayer, will bring UK viewers all of the latest from the series daily at 17:00 GMT as England try to end the decade-long stretch since their last series win down under.

In addition to the digital clips, the BBC Sport website and app will have a short catch-up service when UK-based fans wake each morning.

Test Match Special will provide ball-by-ball commentary and a daily podcast, available on BBC Sounds and the BBC Sport website.

The TMS commentary team includes Jonathan Agnew, Simon Mann, Jim Maxwell and Isa Guha, with expert analysis from former England seamer Steven Finn and ex-England spinner Phil Tufnell. 

Ex-Australia pace duo Mitchell Johnson and Glenn McGrath, all-rounder Shane Watson and former captain Ian Chappell will also offer analysis as part of the TMS team. 

There will be a huge range of podcasts on BBC Sounds to help bring a flavour of the series including a daily TMS at the Ashes review, No Balls with England bowlers Kate Cross and Alex Hartley and Tailenders, which is co-presented by England bowler James Anderson alongside Greg James and Felix White.

TMS will offer full commentary on the Women's Ashes starting in January, with the commentary team including Henry Moeran and World Cup winner Alex Hartley.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

Doesn't look like it , CS , checked all terrestrial stations for the next week and no mention anywhere. Usually watch until the lunch break and then catch up in the morning. Guess this series will pass me by ( which may be a good thing looking at the odds )

Going by this highlights should be available on the iPlayer each morning not long after the close of play. 

21E9A1B9-1463-4C52-90BB-7A2F0CB78FA7.png