You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

24 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Agreed. 

Never had any interest in going to a game there. 

I went on the Saturday against West Indies in 2017 where we wrapped up the win just before tea. I’ve never seen so many posh nobs in one place in my life. It was the same day as when we got beat 5-0 by City and Mané got sent off early on. I remember watching it during the lunch session eating my £7 sausage roll. I was glad to be able to get back to the cricket. Great performance from Jimmy Anderson that day.

I can highly recommend the stadium tour though, did that around 2014 and it was fascinating. Guided tour led by an old dude from Colwyn Bay who was a big Lancashire fan. Took us right around the ground, into the media centre, around the museum and we got to sit in the long room. The history of the place is amazing. My mate who was with me isn’t as mad on cricket as I am but even he enjoyed it.

As for today, it’s a shame we didn’t have Stokes playing as I think we might have had a go if he’d been there.

3 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

The crowd have done well to be completely steaming by 2pm.

Been a great atmosphere from the beginning….A world away from the walking dead at Lords 

Lawrence has done well in difficult circumstances but still not convinced he’s a Test batsmen. Then again Ollie Pope looks the part but constantly fails to deliver 

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Been a great atmosphere from the beginning….A world away from the walking dead at Lords 

Edgbaston is easily the best atmosphere to watch Test cricket in England. Lords the worst. I've not been to Nottingham or Southampton to be fair.