You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bell is class.

He does go through spells of being dogshit though.

When did he last get a big score.  He seems to be in a run off poor form.

The only wicket I saw this morning was Ballance, which I thought was shit batting!

Guest Pistonbroke

Bell is class.

He does go through spells of being dogshit though.

He hasn't been class for a while now Col and it is a major worry. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Haha. He's bang average, ain't he?

But I'll take it.

Our scratching about for runs has played into his hands. Cook just eating up time and so have the rest, Craig is bang average as you say, just hit the bloke out of the attack. 

He's got 55 in the eight innings since. He is a good player, but going through an appalling run of form.

Bell looks a million bucks but I am not sure of his ticker. Or is that just a cliché now?

Anyway, he needs to come right against the Aussies.

Our scratching about for runs has played into his hands. Cook just eating up time and so have the rest, Craig is bang average as you say, just hit the bloke out of the attack. 

Yep. Take to him. As you lot were saying earlier, he's barely county level.

Guest Pistonbroke

I've hardly seen an aggressive shot all morning, pathetic batting. We've lost 4 wickets for 20 odd runs in about as many overs. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I'd drop Bell from the one day squad against NZ and get him back into County cricket, gives him a month to sort his batting out. 

The positive this game is Cook is back to his best, which is vital for the Ashes.

Loads of other question marks though.  I wouldn't want to be the coach taking over this team.

Guest Pistonbroke

The positive this game is Cook is back to his best, which is vital for the Ashes.

Loads of other question marks though.  I wouldn't want to be the coach taking over this team.

Ballance, Bell and Ali are the main question marks, not loads as you put it, but still worrying as two are at the top of the order and if we lose an opener quick it leads to a collapse which gets the middle order in to soon. Ali is not a front line spinner. I'd bring in Borthwick or Rashid to do that job. Vince should be given a chance as well, we could easily move Root up to number 3 imo and drop Ballance or Bell. 

Ballance, Bell and Ali are the main question marks, not loads as you put it

I think Wood is a question mark as well.

Also the captaincy of Cook and the team seem mentally weak!

Guest Pistonbroke

I think Wood is a question mark as well.

Also the captaincy of Cook and the team seem mentally weak!

Really? He has bowled just as well as Anderson and Broad. 

Guest Pistonbroke

LFD looking at figures and not the match. I've watched nearly every session of both Test matches and Wood and Stokes have bowled better than Anderson and Broad. Broad has bowled some utter shite but has the wickets due to tail enders slogging. 

LFD looking at figures and not the match. I've watched nearly every session of both Test matches and Wood and Stokes have bowled better than Anderson and Broad. Broad has bowled some utter shite but has the wickets due to tail enders slogging. 

I have watched most of this match.  

Wood has been expensive and bar the odd quality deliverer I haven't seen too much promise.

Broad is another issue.  Not sure how he got 5 wickets in one of the innings.  Saying that I thought he bowled well at Lords.

Woods is OK, but you could swap him with Bresnan, Finn, Onions - probably five or six other bowlers and it wouldn't make much difference to the side.

Guest Pistonbroke

You clearly haven't watched most of the match if you think Wood is a problem. All the bowlers have been expensive.

Both innings.

Wood. 33 overs 159 runs 5 wickets

Anderson 36 overs 139 runs 4 wickets

Broad 33.1 overs 203 runs 7 wickets

Stokes 29 overs 131 runs 1 wicket

Ali 27 overs 121 runs 1 wicket

You clearly haven't watched most of the match if you think Wood is a problem. All the bowlers have been expensive.

Both innings.

Wood. 33 overs 159 runs 5 wickets

Anderson 36 overs 139 runs 4 wickets

Broad 33.1 overs 203 runs 7 wickets

Stokes 29 overs 131 runs 1 wicket

Ali 27 overs 121 runs 1 wicket

He's been our best bowler by quite some distance. Broad has bowled a load of shite and Anderson has been largely ineffective. Stokes and Ali aren't front line bowlers.

Lyth and Wood have been positives from this series. Lyth has been quite unlucky, getting out to some great deliveries and obviously that ridiculous run out.