You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke

I'd love to know what the army of Laptop gimps do. Solitaire, presumably, because they certainly aren't watching what other ODI sides do.

Those with influence need to start being more vocal.

Guest Pistonbroke

Cook's a good one day cricketer, good Catpain, good leader, Batsmen are trying to do the right things but it's not working for them at the moment but it'll come good etc etc

Bollocks from start to finish basically.

Fucking hell, what a deluded fool. we are fooked with that idiot employed as he is. Cook is far too arrogant to sack it, he needs pushing, if those at the top think he is a good one day batsman then we will be stuck with this drivel for a long time yet. 

As with the other day Cook is only starting with two fielders in catching positions when the only way to win is to take 10 wickets....Far too negative for one day cricket, if England are not gonna threaten teams with the bat then at least try and be adventurous and dynamic in the field...unfortunately those words don't attach themselves to Cook....

At least England are playing a different brand of one day cricket to everybody else.....no other country can match this level of shitiness .

In future grounds and fans are going to insist England bat second as at least then you will get a bit of entertainment for your money.

England captain Alastair Cook: "It was a very tough day, it's amazing how quickly sport changes. We have played some bad cricket and I don't know why that is. we've not played anywhere near our potential and there's no excuses.

"We were going to bat first anyway so that's not an excuse. India have outskilled us, bowled better, batted better and fielded better. We have to stay true to our beliefs and work hard. That's what we did in the Test series and we turned it around.

"It's always tough when you lose three games so quickly in the manner we have. We've got a World Cup in six months and nobody is nailing down their place in the team. If people don't perform, we'll have to bring other people into the dressing room."

Then fuck off.

No, you need some beliefs that aren't fucking shit.

Swann has picked up on my least favourite phrase that the England set up have adopted en-masse & said he would scream if anybody suggested we hadn't been rubbish but just hadn't ' executed well enough '.

It's that bad I even wondered if Bopara might have helped - 'Doctor, the screens'.

Rashid did very well with the bat and ball.

Have been banging the drum for England for him for a while, but he doesn't help himself a times by having troughs of form.

He's threatened to make a break through for a number of years now but has never had the chance.

Last time I watched him it looked like he'd been practicing almost completely on his batting and his bowling had gone to shit.

There's a cracking cricketer in there somewhere though.

I don't understand centuries in cricket. Why do the players go manic for getting a three-digit score, get a cob on if they get out for 99, bat like a twat after they get a century etc.? 110 is better than 100, shouldn't they go wild then as well? 10% more wild. Decimal insanity.

Me neither, it's a bit mental. 

Never, ever, gave a fuck when playing.