You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

As Indian Red said we need a general cricket thread, and here it is.

Cracking game going on in South Africa at the minute, it's only day 2 and were just heading into the final innings.

Aus 1st innings

284 all out (75.0 overs)

SA 1st innings

96 all out (24.3 overs)

Aus 2nd innings

47 all out

SA 236 needed to win.

22 wickets so far in the day, the most ever in a single day of Test Cricket in South Africa (27 being the most ever), and with the best part of 30 overs still left in the day.

Anyone at Newlands today will have seen action in all four innings of the game.

Australia's 4th lowest innings total of all time, and the lowest against SA.

Least I wasn't the only one from the usual cricket posters to miss it.

Tell me about it. It always used to happen during the Ashes last year. Id stay up till tea and there would be hardly any wickets to fall, Id go to be around 4 and there would be a flurry of wickets in the evening session. Used to do my head in.

Used to like my cricket but since sky screens 99.9% of it I cant be arsed with it much any more.

Streams online are not the greatest either to be honest.

I also think games that last more than a couple of days dont really fit in with modern life.

Limited overs is the way to go although cricket purists would argue against it but I feel peoples viewing habits have changed and cricket needs to accomodate this.

Tell me about it. It always used to happen during the Ashes last year. Id stay up till tea and there would be hardly any wickets to fall, Id go to be around 4 and there would be a flurry of wickets in the evening session. Used to do my head in.

I pissed the bird right off with that series mate.

I had a shit load of TOIL to take and had a weeks AL for me birthday when the 5th test was on. We were on holiday and she didn't appreciate me staying up all night watching the cricket and drinking then sleeping during the day.

Used to like my cricket but since sky screens 99.9% of it I cant be arsed with it much any more.

Streams online are not the greatest either to be honest.

I also think games that last more than a couple of days dont really fit in with modern life.

Limited overs is the way to go although cricket purists would argue against it but I feel peoples viewing habits have changed and cricket needs to accomodate this.

Couldn't disagree more mate. Well, certainly not with England.

I'll watch and enjoy any limited overs cricket no matter the nationality of those participating. But the pinnicle is and will always be England in a 5 day test and the longer a competitive series the better.

Couldn't disagree more mate. Well, certainly not with England.

I'll watch and enjoy any limited overs cricket no matter the nationality of those participating. But the pinnicle is and will always be England in a 5 day test and the longer a competitive series the better.

You are a purist LF,thats why you disagree.

I watch sky sports reporters reporting on county championship games and almost all the grounds are half empty. I'm actually surprised that these counties are able to stay in business.

You are a purist LF,thats why you disagree.

I watch sky sports reporters reporting on county championship games and almost all the grounds are half empty. I'm actually surprised that these counties are able to stay in business.

I really wouldn't class myself as a purist mate.

I used to have a full membership for Gloucestershire through their gym. I reckon I watched 2 days county cricket in 3 years and that was after night shifts with a few beers and a pillow!

I agree SSN reporters on the whole are shit but bar Botham their test coverage is excellent. I could listen to Holding all day long and the dirty perverted old cunt Bumble always makes me laugh. Atherton is a student of the game but his Times articles do him more favours than the telly does. Nasser is there because Vaughan refused to sign up.

Add Richie Benaud, Mark Nicholas and a few beers and I'm in heaven.