You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Westerns

Lee909

The Clint thread has pushed me into buying some more westerns.

I only just starting to watch them so have not seen that many.

I have seen

Fist full of dollars

Few dollars more

Good the bad and the Ugly

Hang em High

Once upon a time in the West

Both versions of True Grit

The new version of 3:10 Yuma

Anyone suggest anymore

Miller and Mrs Mccabe is on this week sometime, great film. As Silverlining said, Wild Bunch is brilliant, especially the finale.

Bad Company with Jeff Bridges is brilliant )Bad Company (1972) - IMDb),

I like the 70's Westerns, The Assination of Jesse James is brilliant, similar atmosphere.

I would add My Darling Clementime, the original with Henry Fonda (better than Tombstone).

It is isn't it?

Slightly racist mind, but a really brilliant film. Especially the scene in the valley.

So many great scenes. Struggling through the snow, the wedding fight, Mose on his rocking chair, Wayne walking out of the cabin at the end. Just a great film.

So many great scenes. Struggling through the snow, the wedding fight, Mose on his rocking chair, Wayne walking out of the cabin at the end. Just a great film.

Don't know why but I well up watching that film, and normally i can't stand John Wayne films, maybe its because he isn't carrying that film on his tod. There's great performances all round. I've got most of those films mentioned earlier on dvd and I wouldn't call myself a big western fan!

Another Eastwood western Pale Rider needs to be added to your list. Similar in theme to his earlier creation High Plains Drifter but still a classic. Also The Quick and the Dead with Sharon Stone and Gene Hackman i found to be extremely good

Anything and everything with Mr Eastwood in it mate. Can't go wrong.

Didn't see anybody mention The Outlaw Josey Wales. Fucking magnificent film that.

I also loved The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford. Casey Affleck was robbed of a Best Supporting Actor Oscar by Heath Ledger's Joker. Nobody can ever convince me otherwise.