You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Matches 2012 Ticket Sale

Champ

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you suggest online or phone? it's the first time I've linked the fancards so hoping that will be easier as well. Looks like my students will be doing a 'test' in the morning...

It doesnt seem that either system can cope with the volume of traffic but of the two online is the better bet since once you get online there is at least an auto refresh. When you're phoning if they're too busy you dont even get into a queue; you just get cut off and have to keep redialling until you can even get into a queue.

After my experience in the summer I emailed the club but got only a very bland reply with no suggestion that they planned any revision of the system. And why would they? Demand far exceeds supply and they get all that money in the bank in advance

Queued for just over an hour but have now got tickets for the games that I wanted, if not quite the seats we were after although better than last time. Seats very limited already. Cant see there being anything left for General Sale on Friday

Sorted with tickets for the 3 games that went on sale today, thought it would be more difficult as today was for everyone, does this mean it will be even easier tomorrow?

When it comes to the Everton game, I can see it dropping to 3 games on Friday if there are still tickets left after Thursday, thats what happened to the mancs game in the summer.

I'm struggling with this today, been on since 8:15 and not had a sniff. Got to go out soon too so may end up missing Stoke, Wigan and West Brom.

This backs up my suspicion that it is not an ordered queue. I didnt get in the queue until about 8.20, trying to negotiate the labyrinth, and got on just after 9.30, which I thought was bad enough. I feel your frustration

This backs up my suspicion that it is not an ordered queue. I didnt get in the queue until about 8.20, trying to negotiate the labyrinth, and got on just after 9.30, which I thought was bad enough. I feel your frustration

It's karma for the summer sale which was a piece of piss for me on all 3 days!

And that's what I hate about this system..miss out today and that's pretty much you for the rest of the season. Its a bit brutal

Thats not the case really though. I passed up on getting any tickets for home games (except the mancs) in the first sale in july/august whenever it was. However i still got plenty of tickets in the late availability sales. I even got manc tickets for some friends on general sale. It is not the be all and end all but if you want guaranteed tickets and with a slightly better chance of stand choice then it is the only option. I will be doing the same for this half. Get my derby tickets tomorrow and see what arises for the others nearer the time.

I was working the mobile, landline and laptop since 8:15. Finally got my tickets purchased online around 9:15. This was for Wigan and West Brom. Seats where I usually sit in the Main Stand and Kop were pretty muchl gone by then. I dread to think what the sale for the premium games will be like tomorrow/Friday. May have to take the day off.

Does anyone know if they'll set the same 13-match restriction for buying tickets next season?

I had a meeting stupidly arranged for today between 9-11 but still didn't have any issues with getting the tickets that went on sale today. I like this process so much better than having to ring up for every single game. I'm sure tomorrow will be a little bit more painful but I think if you are not bothered where you sit and just want to be at the game then I haven't really had any issues.

I had 11 games on my card last season and just missed out on the 13 games you needed to get the possibility to buy on the first day of the sale, I would not be surprised to see this level increase next season to maybe even 15 games from this one.

Not sure if its going to be any worse tomorrow though considering those who had 13 games last season already have got their tickets, something that was not the case today.

I got all three games by 8.30am no problem. Got to the front of the phone queue just as the browser let me in. Now tomorrow on the other hand....

On a side issue, does the swiping of the fancards mean that touting is dying out-surely with the death of paper tickets touts are screwed?

I got all three games by 8.30am no problem. Got to the front of the phone queue just as the browser let me in. Now tomorrow on the other hand....

On a side issue, does the swiping of the fancards mean that touting is dying out-surely with the death of paper tickets touts are screwed?

8 of my mates were over for the Norwich game with no tickets. All of them got tickets of touts, season ticket cards. So don't think so.