You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We don't deserve success

Section_31

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note, him and Linda seem to have solved the problem of whether it's best to go to the game or watch it on telly by doing both at once.

Who says they know nothing about football?

The weirdest thing about Satdee was the amount of people trying to get to Comolli for an autograph, fucking madness. He's a fucking DoF.

Questions are fine, nobody is asking the questions to stop.

Just that maybe a little bit of self reflection woudn't go amiss, essentially because I am fed up of listening to fans harp on about the Liverpool Way when they sit on their arse, losing their patience after five minutes, jumping on the same scapegoats back whenever a pass goes slightly ary and then deciding to finally make some fucking noise by booing the team off.

Managers make baffling decisions and they sign poor players, all of them do it and all of them will continue to do it.

On the subject of Agger's comments, excuse me if it's been mentioned before but did anyone notice the rows between the players on Saturday? There were loads going on - Enrique & Downing and Adam & Carroll were the most obvious ones. Reina and Agger were getting involved in some of the post-mortems as well.

I remember Kenny was a right old moaner on the pitch so maybe he encourages the players to have a go at each other on the basis it's better than having a quiet dressing room and wanting leaders.

Or on the other hand, maybe the team spirit isn't there yet

Questions are fine, nobody is asking the questions to stop.

Just that maybe a little bit of self reflection woudn't go amiss, essentially because I am fed up of listening to fans harp on about the Liverpool Way when they sit on their arse, losing their patience after five minutes, jumping on the same scapegoats back whenever a pass goes slightly ary and then deciding to finally make some fucking noise by booing the team off.

Managers make baffling decisions and they sign poor players, all of them do it and all of them will continue to do it.

I think the thing with some fans. It's the impending sense of 'the same old shit', when Carroll hit the post someone turned to me and said 'Here we go again' that may or not have been the right attitude, but he was right.

It's been like this since Benitez, and nothing is really changed, despite the money we've spent.

It's disheartening really.

Winners' way my arse. That's the most embarrassing shit I've ever read, go and jerk off into your Barcelona shirt. The Liverpool Way was about having class, grace and respect regardless of what happens. It was about clapping the opposition goalkeeper or applauding an inferior team that pulled off a good result against you, it was about keeping things in house and never bigging yourself up (unlike the mancs) it was about never getting ahead of yourselves and crucially it was about never thinking you deserved success. It certainly wasn't about thinking of new and interesting insults to level at your own fucking players.

It was about being Liverpool and being the best, matching the opposition for guts and determination first and the skill level would then win us the game more often than not. Yes it was about having good grace and sometimes a lesser team would come away from Anfield with a draw, sometimes even a win, you can't win them all as they say, BUT when Liverpool do not show the required guts and determination and throw 4 home points away against 2 sides who just came up to our division then we are entitled to be unhappy about it. Chelsea and Man Utd both played Norwich at home, both were unconvincing but both won the game. We didn't.

It was about being Liverpool and being the best, matching the opposition for guts and determination first and the skill level would then win us the game more often than not. Yes it was about having good grace and sometimes a lesser team would come away from Anfield with a draw, sometimes even a win, you can't win them all as they say, BUT when Liverpool do not show the required guts and determination and throw 4 home points away against 2 sides who just came up to our division then we are entitled to be unhappy about it. Chelsea and Man Utd both played Norwich at home, both were unconvincing but both won the game. We didn't.

Watch out mate, he might direct another shitty TV show quote at you if you piss him off further.

The weirdest thing about Satdee was the amount of people trying to get to Comolli for an autograph, fucking madness. He's a fucking DoF.

Considering the tripe he's bought, we should have been calling for his head and chanting stuff like: "What do we want? Comolli OUT, when do we want it? NOW!"

I expect such chants to be ringing around Anfield if we don't win our next home game.

Considering the tripe he's bought' date=' we should have been calling for his head and chanting stuff like: "What do we want? Comolli [b']OUT[/b], when do we want it? NOW!"

I expect such chants to be ringing around Anfield if we don't win our next home game.

If you were a frog you'd be the highest in the tree.