You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We don't deserve success

Section_31

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fucking hate how the 'everything needs to happen right now' fucking entitlement that the fans seem to have (for more than just our club or our supporters, mind)

It's crazy. We've seen glimpses of what Kenny is trying to do, and in a few years, it'll be ingrained in our club from Top and Bottom, and we'll reap the rewards of that hard work.

Thats why I've got absolutely no qualms with sitting back and waiting. We've bought young, and talented, with lots of potential, for the most part.

I don't care for this "blind faith" bollocks. We've all seen progress since the face-rubber, and we're trying a brand of football that Liverpool hasn't played in a fucking decade.

It'll get there. Just be patient.

The thing that annoys me is all this self-righteous crap about what fans should or should not be able to discuss, or what opinions they are allowed to express. If someone is disappointed with a draw, they should be allowed to say so without people jumping down their throats. And if someone wants to take positives out of such a game, the same thing stands. There's too much of this superfan bollocks going around, when really, the fun of match threads and after match reactions is in the discussion of how you think the team went.

But apparently, half the people around here have some sort of "How to be a Real Fan" manual that they judge all posts by, rather than debating the ideas within.

That said, I don't have a problem with people who say nothing more constructive than "Player X was shit" getting called out for it, because it adds nothing to the debate.

I fucking hate how the 'everything needs to happen right now' fucking entitlement that the fans seem to have (for more than just our club or our supporters, mind)

It's crazy. We've seen glimpses of what Kenny is trying to do, and in a few years, it'll be ingrained in our club from Top and Bottom, and we'll reap the rewards of that hard work.

Thats why I've got absolutely no qualms with sitting back and waiting. We've bought young, and talented, with lots of potential, for the most part.

I don't care for this "blind faith" bollocks. We've all seen progress since the face-rubber, and we're trying a brand of football that Liverpool hasn't played in a fucking decade.

It'll get there. Just be patient.

Someone please rep this for me.

I think this forum is partly responsible for driving Rafa out of the club. I don't understand why Liverpool fans would call Rafa a "fat Spanish waiter"' date=' after all he has done for this club. That is what other teams fans used to call him, so to be disrespected in such a way by your own fans has got to be the final straw for any manager. You only have yourselves to blame for our current demise.[/quote']

We have a winner.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Daniel Agger: 'Sometimes Liverpool are like headless chickens' | Football | guardian.co.uk

The Liverpool defender Daniel Agger says his side must raise their game if they are to avoid yet another season without Champions League football.

The Denmark international pulled no punches in his assessment of his side's goalless draw with Swansea City at the weekend – a result which means the Reds have now failed to pick up maximum points in four of their six Premier League games at Anfield this season.

"Sometimes we looked like headless chickens running around after the ball," Agger said. "It is far from good enough. Everyone was angry and disappointed – some more than others – but that is the way it is."

Despite their indifferent form, Kenny Dalglish's men are only three points off the Champions League places in sixth – but with a game at Chelsea next and then the visit of Manchester City, the leaders, Agger admits now is the time to raise the standard.

"If we play like this, we won't do it [qualify for the Champions League]," he said. "We have got to move up a level or two. I won't say it is not possible, because it is, but it is up to the players. We are the only ones who can make a difference. We definitely have to do a lot better."

The scoundrel.

It doesn't equate to blind faith mate, but I don't think we should have to put up the vitriol that's aimed towards the players and manager after a poor performance. ( or even a good performance, as has been the case plenty of times this season)

Yeah I agree. It would be nice if we could just have a balanced debate (there are both positives and negatives in our performances this season) without people calling our own players 'cunts', which has become the norm for some people.

If we lose our next two games, our season is over in regards to European football.

We are very capable of 6 points in the next two games (We got 6 points from these games last season) and if we could manage this, it would really give everyone a big lift after a dissapointing 2 weeks. Make no mistake though if we lose both games we will be pegged back big time.

We perform better when we have a challenge (No disrespect to Swansea, Norwich, etc) but we raise our game in the big matches.

If we lose our next two games, our season is over in regards to European football.

We are very capable of 6 points in the next two games (We got 6 points from these games last season) and if we could manage this, it would really give everyone a big lift after a dissapointing 2 weeks. Make no mistake though if we lose both games we will be pegged back big time.

We perform better when we have a challenge (No disrespect to Swansea, Norwich, etc) but we raise our game in the big matches.

Losing the next two would by no means result in us being out of the race for 4th.

But it would mean we would probably be lagging behind a fair bit.

Really as long as we are in the hunt in and around January/Feb thats what matters. If we're more than 9 points away from it at that point then basically we are in deep deep shit and we'd be relying on not only a fantastic run from ourselves but other teams dropping alot of points.

So theres no point anybody making definite judgements about anything just yet.

We are hard to watch at the moment, unbelievably frustrating watching us make the same mistakes over and over.

We should accept that after 3 years of decline under the previous owners, turning us back into a top 4 side is not going to happen after 2 transfer windows. If you look at the team 3 years ago : Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Agger, Aurelio, Kuyt, Mascherano, Alonso, Riera, Gerrard, Torres that was a helluva team and just to think we were about to sign David Silva to add to it when G&H pulled the plug.

That compares to Hodgson's side a year ago : Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Konchesky, Cole, Lucas, Poulsen, Meireles, Ngog, Torres

We fell a long way in a short time and we are on the road back but it's tough when so many other sides have massively improved while we were in turmoil.

Having dumped so much shite in the summer, the squad is short of depth and we clearly need to strengthen in some areas, hopefully in January.

For the moment, if I was Kenny I would go back to the fluid formation that served us well towards the end of last season with the same back 4 as now, Spearing & Lucas to win the ball and 3 mobile attack-minded midfielders (from Gerrard/Maxi/Adam/Downing/Bellamy) supporting Suarez.

We have a set of standards at his club that have been created over our history, Kenny himself played a roll in that.

If we don't strive to meet those standards, then we're pretty much just Wigan.

Are we talking about the Fans?

If so, then yes I agree.

Are we talking about the Fans?

If so, then yes I agree.

I'm talking about the club in general. This is a discussion forum, the stuff being said in here is no different to what people where talking about in the pub after the game.

We don't deserve success, it's a journey not a destination but the sort of attitude by the fans who simply hide behind excuses just erodes those standards. I'm not talking about booing, that's just fucking idiotic but we constantly need to ask questions of our team, or manager and of our cub otherwise if we don't we'll just just crawl into the lower echelons of the footballing world and we'll just be FSG's little money maker when they take the squad to Asia every summer.

We just drew two home games to newly promoted sides. For a side that's just spent £100 Million that's more than worthy of sensible discussion. I don't want Kenny sacked, and I'm not coming close at all to that decision. But there have been some genuine WTF moments this season with his tactics, subs and dare I say it his signings as well.

John W Henry wouldn't have been happy watching that. Not at all.