You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We don't deserve success

Section_31

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. That's not how people, reasonable ones anyway, should behave. And Benitez had been called much worse on here. The point is once you let the standard slipped, it's gone.

Standards can be restored though. Look at the way Kenny has conducted himself since his return. He's brought a lot of class back to this club that had leaked away in the last few years. It can be done

You should've heard what Souness got called. And Roy. And Houllier. Terrible stuff.

I do. Regrettably, I've called Souness a few names myself.

None of them got blamed for adversities that weren't in their control and got nit-picked to smithereens by certain sector of the fans in the pettiest possible way.

I'll stop. Didn't intend to make this another thread about Benitez.

But you couldn't fucking resist.

At least all of the above, including Rafa, were given some semblance of time in the job. Years for some of them.

Then we look at the last manager who ever buttered our bread, a man who stood firm as an anchor of support after Hillsborough, someone who got us all loving football again and holding our heads up higher last season, and it's ok to give him pelters eleven games into his contract because someone once said bad things about Rafa.

Give. Me. A. Fucking. Break.

But you couldn't fucking resist.

At least all of the above, including Rafa, were given some semblance of time in the job. Years for some of them.

Then we look at the last manager who ever buttered our bread, a man who stood firm as an anchor of support after Hillsborough, and it's ok to give him pelters eleven games into his contract because someone once said bad things about Rafa.

Give. Me. A. Fucking. Break.

I didn't say it's ok to sling rocks at Dalglish -- I said people shouldn't act surprised that happened. Muddling the rock slingers with those frustrated by the lack of progress and quality just because you needed a strawman to beat on certainly didn't help the conversation.

So you, too. Give. Me. A. Fucking. Break.

Souness deserved everything he was called and not because of what went on on the field but the total disrespect he showed the fans and club off it.

Dalglish was and still is the antithesis of Souness and oozed and still oozes class when it comes to representing the club and is a proud example of the liverpool way.

Its a crime when mentioning managers to even utter Souness name in the same breath as Kenny's,although I just did,oops!

Shouldn't act surprised? Are we supported by a huge number of greeting seven year old girls missing their mummy now then? What it has felt like on here this season.

More like 12 year old boys with pimples and raging hormones -- which is how most males of all ages behave on the internet.

"We're a work in progress", as opposed to mighty Norwich and Swansea who are the finished article?

You are the one who doesn't know The Liverpool Way. The Liverpool way was the winners way, now it's the losers way and supported by people like you.

Work in progress my arse. Norwich and Swansea have just come up for fucks sake. Norwich played 2 divisions below us in 2010 and Swansea were there in 2008.

Dalglish himself has said yesterdays crap was "unacceptable" so why mustn't fans say it too?

Winners' way my arse. That's the most embarrassing shit I've ever read, go and jerk off into your Barcelona shirt. The Liverpool Way was about having class, grace and respect regardless of what happens. It was about clapping the opposition goalkeeper or applauding an inferior team that pulled off a good result against you, it was about keeping things in house and never bigging yourself up (unlike the mancs) it was about never getting ahead of yourselves and crucially it was about never thinking you deserved success. It certainly wasn't about thinking of new and interesting insults to level at your own fucking players.

I think this forum is partly responsible for driving Rafa out of the club. I don't understand why Liverpool fans would call Rafa a "fat Spanish waiter", after all he has done for this club. That is what other teams fans used to call him, so to be disrespected in such a way by your own fans has got to be the final straw for any manager. You only have yourselves to blame for our current demise.

I think this forum is partly responsible for driving Rafa out of the club.

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaah!

No.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Hang on a minute.

No' date=' I can't.

You only have yourselves to blame for our current demise.

Christ, I think one of my ribs has just cracked!

I think this forum is partly responsible for driving Rafa out of the club. I don't understand why Liverpool fans would call Rafa a "fat Spanish waiter"' date=' after all he has done for this club. That is what other teams fans used to call him, so to be disrespected in such a way by your own fans has got to be the final straw for any manager. You only have yourselves to blame for our current demise.[/quote']

Wow, just wow.

Rafa read the forum? Don't be daft.

One of these days some of you who seem to spend each day slinging your shit opinions around are going to realise your football views on an internet forum are pretty much insigfuckingnificant.

They really do change the square root of fuck all, so spare the rest of us the bullshit and snap the fuck out of it.

I think this forum is partly responsible for driving Rafa out of the club. I don't understand why Liverpool fans would call Rafa a "fat Spanish waiter"' date=' after all he has done for this club. That is what other teams fans used to call him, so to be disrespected in such a way by your own fans has got to be the final straw for any manager. You only have yourselves to blame for our current demise.[/quote']

Blimey! I think this calls for a poem.

None of them got blamed for adversities that weren't in their control and got nit-picked to smithereens by certain sector of the fans in the pettiest possible way.

I'd stop anyway if I were you, as your statement just doesn't bear much scrutiny.

Blimey! I think this calls for a poem.

Here's one RAWK did earlier:

If you were a squirrel you’d be highest in the tree

If you were an insect you’d be the busiest little bee

If you were a frog, you’d croak loudest of them all

And if you were a giraffe you’d be tallest of the tall

And if you were an owl you’d be wise as wise can be

And if you were a dolphin you’d be the fastest in the sea

That is why we’re proud to have you as the leader of our team

As we stand upon the Kop, hoping to live our dream

You direct our heroes here and there, pushing them for more

It’s only a matter of time before we bring home trophies galore

So thank the lord you’re not a squirrel, dolphin giraffe, frog or bee

I just want you to know you mean all the world to me.

You should have no regrets about calling that selfish cunt names.

Here's one RAWK did earlier:

If you were a squirrel you’d be highest in the tree

If you were an insect you’d be the busiest little bee

If you were a frog, you’d croak loudest of them all

And if you were a giraffe you’d be tallest of the tall

And if you were an owl you’d be wise as wise can be

And if you were a dolphin you’d be the fattest in the sea

That is why we’re proud to have you as the leader of our team

As we stand upon the Kop, hoping to live our dream

You direct our heroes here and there, pushing them for more

It’s only a matter of time before we bring home trophies galore

So thank the lord you’re not a squirrel, dolphin giraffe, frog or bee

I just want you to know you mean all the world to me.

I was thinking very much along those lines, yes.