You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If you don't want to wear one, then don't - free speech. If you don't, dont moan when people express their view that people should - free speech.

So moaning about people exercising their right to free speech by moaning about people exercising their right to free speech by not wearing a piece of cardboard isn't covered by my right to free speech?

I have no idea what we're meant to be commemorating any more. The whole thing, just like the Help for Heroes malarkey, leaves me feeling very uncomfortable

I'm with Champ on this.

Both my grandfathers fought in WWII, and I was brought up thinking that wearing one showed I valued their service and their fallen comrades. It was a fairly benign token.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Move to a country that was on the wrong side in both world wars and you don't have to worry about this stuff

Indeed, my housewife grandma... a mother of 13, battling to get a bowl of soup and some corn bread on the table through both wars, and the 21 years betwixt... was investigated by "war crime" authorities in 1946 after the Allies' glorious victory over all things and everyone evil.  

They didn't arrive at the door with any evidence of her "criminal" activity, of course... but nor with a bunch of poppies for her either, needless to say.

• Upvote 1

Jerimy Corbin didnt bow enuff at da Senotaph.

Get im in da tower ov Lundin, da treasoning muzzie leftie loon.

Not only that but he's a sneaky pretender who's fooling us all..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11982885/Jeremy-Corbyn-was-no-Michael-Foot-at-the-Cenotaph-but-remember-it-could-all-be-an-act.html

Jerimy Corbin didnt bow enuff at da Senotaph.

Get im in da tower ov Lundin, da treasoning muzzie leftie loon.

But no doubt the Mail and Torygraph can be bothered to print stuff like this...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/remembrance-sunday-jeremy-corbyn-skipped-vip-lunch-to-stay-behind-after-ceremony-and-applaud-wwii-a6726591.html

Indeed, my housewife grandma... a mother of 13, battling to get a bowl of soup and some corn bread on the table through both wars, and the 21 years betwixt... was investigated by "war crime" authorities in 1946 after the Allies' glorious victory over all things and everyone evil.  

They didn't arrive at the door with any evidence of her "criminal" activity, of course... but nor with a bunch of poppies for her either, needless to say.

Indeed, the Hungarian politicians and many others were utter shithouses during the Second World War but there are huge numbers of inspirational tales of normal folk risking their lives to help the Jewish population, often dying in the process. Fortunately they were liberated by the Russians who looted everything in the country and raped roughly 50% of the women over the age of ten. Then they made them build a statue to say thanks.

If you want a real story of Soviet cuntery, look up Raoul Wallenberg

Indeed, the Hungarian politicians and many others were utter shithouses during the Second World War but there are huge numbers of inspirational tales of normal folk risking their lives to help the Jewish population, often dying in the process. Fortunately they were liberated by the Russians who looted everything in the country and raped roughly 50% of the women over the age of ten.

Yes, that was an "Ally" experience my grandmother and her daughter, my auntie, could never bring themselves to go into details about with us.

Indeed, the Hungarian politicians and many others were utter shithouses during the Second World War but there are huge numbers of inspirational tales of normal folk risking their lives to help the Jewish population, often dying in the process. Fortunately they were liberated by the Russians who looted everything in the country and raped roughly 50% of the women over the age of ten. Then they made them build a statue to say thanks.

If you want a real story of Soviet cuntery, look up Raoul Wallenberg

In 'revenge' for having similar things done to their women and children too.

Two sets of atrocities do not make any of it right of course.

Things are never as black and white as our easily insulted media will have you believe.

In 'revenge' for having similar things done to their women and children too.

Two sets of atrocities do not make any of it right of course.

Things are never as black and white as our easily insulted media will have you believe.

To be fair Vladi, if you rape a 10 year old girl, or any girl for that matter because some cunt raped your sister you are all kinds of fucked up.

The Red Army raping during WWII was unlike anything seen since the Middle Ages, even by the horrific standards of the other armies in that war. Mostly led and organised by officers which lead most to believe that Stalin was ordering it. Also included the Russian women who were liberated from occupied zones. That bloke was severely fucked up

My two daughters 6 & 4 came home asking for money as they had some military in the school for poppies. I wondered how much they knew of the reason why people wore poppies and was encouraged by the school that they had taken time and effort into organising the assembly.

Both my daughters told me that the soldier guy was selling poppies so that the money raised can go towards new bunk beds in their barracks.

Fuck that I said and sat them down and explained. I took them into town and bought two poppies from an ex serviceman.

I've never worn a poppy in my adult life because I don't feel the need to show my donations on my clothing. Every year I slip a poppy seller £10 note and be done with it.

But I'm not having people actively selling poppies like that to kids in schools that don't know any better. Educate them regarding the history properly.