You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We Have To Accept Some Harsh Silverlining Facts

Gav

I had been lurking for ages and the only reason i joined was because of silverlining being a cunt.Even non football related topics to random people, just being a mean spiteful cunt.By the time i was approved as a member the moment had passed but just thought i would drop in to say your a cunt.And i agree with many of your footballing opinions such as Lucas, Adam and our money spent on signings, you just come across as a turd of epic proportions.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had been lurking for ages and the only reason i joined was because of silverlining being a cunt.Even non football related topics to random people, just being a mean spiteful cunt.By the time i was approved as a member the moment had passed but just thought i would drop in to say your a cunt.And i agree with many of your footballing opinions such as Lucas, Adam and our money spent on signings, you just come across as a turd of epic proportions.

Brilliant that, you have to say.

And brilliant name, too.

I reckon the issue a lot of the more sane and reasoned posters have with the likes of code and Brenda is not their views necessarily, but their need to incessantly post their views in every fucking thread possible and really ram that shit down people's throats.

We get the standpoint you have taken, understand and even acknowledge your posts, but the same shit recycled day after day makes this place a poorer place to visit, and posting your views 100 times more than somebody else does not validate it any further.

Speak yer piece and move along or appear to be a shouty boring cunt who a lot of people will try to avoid, and the best way of avoiding, in the end, will cost the site owner as good posters just get fucking bored of the SSDD, and go and do something more interesting .

Also constant references to Royston, the man was never bona fide Liverpool manager, he was a caretaker in all but name, and never appointed according to the proper running of the club. Those who compare dalglish's short reign to his need their fucking heads checking. Dalglish has class and form, hodgson has neither at this club or any other.

The discussion about whether or not Silverlining is funny reminds me of a bit from 41st Best Stand Up by Stuart Lee.

In it, Stuart Lee is talking about Islam, and says that one of his biggest fears is that he will be misinterpreted as a racist or an Islamophobe, and will have people coming up to him after the show saying 'well done for having the bollocks to have a go at those Muslims, mate', misinterpreting the comedian's character and intentions. Stuart Lee doesn't want those people laughing at his jokes because their laughter comes from a mendacious and hateful place.

I would think of Silverlining as the inversion of that principle, whereby he is man on a stage of sorts clamouring for attention, but one whose humour comes from a place that is spiteful, misguided, bullying, and arrogant.

The joke, the comedian and their intentions are inextricably linked, and jokes change their complexion depending on whose telling them and the feelings and personal philosophy from which the joke originates.

In other words, silverlining could tell the funniest joke ever and it would still be cloaked in his odious personality, and unworthy of laughter.

I reckon the issue a lot of the more sane and reasoned posters have with the likes of code and Brenda is not their views necessarily, but their need to incessantly post their views in every fucking thread possible and really ram that shit down people's throats.

We get the standpoint you have taken, understand and even acknowledge your posts, but the same shit recycled day after day makes this place a poorer place to visit, and posting your views 100 times more than somebody else does not validate it any further.

Speak yer piece and move along or appear to be a shouty boring cunt who a lot of people will try to avoid, and the best way of avoiding, in the end, will cost the site owner as good posters just get fucking bored of the SSDD, and go and do something more interesting .

Also constant references to Royston, the man was never bona fide Liverpool manager, he was a caretaker in all but name, and never appointed according to the proper running of the club. Those who compare dalglish's short reign to his need their fucking heads checking. Dalglish has class and form, hodgson has neither at this club or any other.

Precisely, Arthur.

As a relative newcomer, repetition and "argumentum ad hominem" are the two things that sum these threads up for me and why I'm finding it harder to join in.

Extremist views, even the odd bit of personal abuse, can be funny for sure... but not when they're incessantly bunted back and forth like a tedious Roland Garros tennis rally.

The forum has not been anywhere near as enjoyable a place this season as it was in the second half of last. And frankly, the so-called reason for the atmosphere on here - ie, the on-field fortunes of the club - simply isn't anywhere near justified.

Your point about comparing Hodgson and Dalglish's reigns is a very good one too.

We almost all agreed to a man six months ago that Kenny's return was the stabilising/unifying force the club badly needed and we clamoured for his being given more than just a caretaking chance of bringing that influence to bear long term.

Now, 10 games into that "long-term" appointment, we have every second or third thread nastily creeping closer and closer to the anti-Hodgson bile of late last year.

Is it only a matter of time before some start leveling personal insults at Kenny? Fuck sake, it's looking on the cards.

So much for unity. Regular good posters do seem to have fucked off at the moment and I can't blame them really.

Maybe I'll join them soon enough. Even though that probably wouldn't be any great loss!

I really think this thread should be in the general forum, as opposed to the footy forum. Still, since we're allowed to throw in the odd wild card, Greece should default on their loan, and leave the Union.
Fuck off is the GF getting ff garbage threads like this. That's my domain. Fuck right off.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Brendan too,I have written a little ditty in honour of a TLW legend.This is for you Brendan. Every forum has a “silver lining”

Whose social skills require some refining,

With rancour and spite in each contribution.

He is mostly unchallenged, but deserves retribution.

I hope I may live to witness the day,

When the forum stands up, to defiantly say..

“We must join together, be courageous and strong!..

..and bring to account this intolerable mong”.

His ramblings are spiteful, his reasoning porous

An over reliance of his windows thesaurus

In defence of his talent for the swear and the curse,

Ill come clean with my guilt just read the next verse.

I looked up “Lalochezia”,and though it fucks up this rhyme,

It seemed so apt at this moment in time.

It appears we both suffer from this cruel malaise,

Youre a cockend,a gobshite and bum homeless gays.

Youre response I expect will be vulgar and short,

With support from no doubt a loyal cohort.

Who is in fear of your habit of using long words.

Which made me avoid to rhyme that with turds.

We know you can contribute without hatred and bile,

Just think of our feelings..just once in a while.

But should you continue on this destructible path,

This prayer shall support us from your despicable wrath..

Dear Lord protect us ,we do solemnly pray,

From the ire of the master of mindless gainsay.

Guest ShoePiss

That's very nice Red Soul, I'm sure Silverlining will be touched by the effort you made.

Silverlining is the koptalk mong that came on here defending Duncan Oldham, a grown man defending Duncan Oldham.

Close the thread, there's nothing else to be said.

That's very nice Red Soul, I'm sure Silverlining will be touched by the effort you made.

Silverlining is the koptalk mong that came on here defending Duncan Oldham, a grown man defending Duncan Oldham.

Close the thread, there's nothing else to be said.

You sure that wasn't DJ Sydney? Another poor soul that maturity has left in it's wake.