You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our start to the season hasn't even been that poor... for fucks sakes.

Some 'harsh facts' for all the whingers: (Courtesy of Trucker Paddy's twitter addiction)

Over 1st 11 games, #LFC have not been outside top 8. This has not happened in 11 years bar 2008 & 09. Last year Roy didn't get in the top 8

#LFC have lost 2 games so far. Did same in 1986 & 90. Only on 5 occasions over 25 yrs have we lost less - 88, 91, 03, 08, 09.

#LFC have been 4th on average & now in 6th place. This is the best start in last 9 years bar 2008/09. In 25yrs top 4 reached 88% when the case.

07/08 was better (just) and went on to be W 8 D 6 L 0.

Bit sly to start just after Houllier's 3 seasons with better starts!

Point taken about average starts not always = average seasons, but maybe not so much massaging of the figures?

And wait to see how we do v Chelsea and City!

Seasons where we drop 8 points from the first 6 home games, how do they turn out?

I think, seemingly, the harshest fact many supporters have found difficulty in accepting is what Hicks and Gillett did to this club.

We don't deserve success but neither did we deserve those 2 scrotum's.

Up the dosage in search of balance.

07/08 was better (just) and went on to be W 8 D 6 L 0.

Bit sly to start just after Houllier's 3 seasons with better starts!

Point taken about average starts not always = average seasons, but maybe not so much massaging of the figures?

And wait to see how we do v Chelsea and City!

Seasons where we drop 8 points from the first 6 home games, how do they turn out?

I haven't gathered the info... just delivering it to the FF.

Some 'harsh facts' for all the whingers: (Courtesy of Trucker Paddy's twitter addiction)

Over 1st 11 games, #LFC have not been outside top 8. This has not happened in 11 years bar 2008 & 09. Last year Roy didn't get in the top 8

#LFC have lost 2 games so far. Did same in 1986 & 90. Only on 5 occasions over 25 yrs have we lost less - 88, 91, 03, 08, 09.

#LFC have been 4th on average & now in 6th place. This is the best start in last 9 years bar 2008/09. In 25yrs top 4 reached 88% when the case.

Oh goody.

"We haven't been outside the top eight, we haven't been outside the top eight, and now you're going to believe us..."

Oh goody.

"We haven't been outside the top eight, we haven't been outside the top eight, and now you're going to believe us..."

Made me chuckle.

We are however still in a position where if we go on a good run of form we will be right up there for Champions League qualification.

For all that we've completely failed to convince and even been a bit shit at times, it's a better start than all but one season under Rafa I believe.

Makes me wonder if many of the entitled fuckwits calling the manager all sorts actually believed we would go straight to the top of the table and stay there all season ...

Of course if you don't think this side can improve at all then you might be concerned. I obviously do, but we need to be getting on with it.

What the fucks Kenny ever done for us?

118 goals in 355 appearances.

Apart from that

6 League titles,1 FA Cup,4 League cups and 3 European Cups and a winning goal in his first European Cup Final.

Ah but he was surrounded by great players

Well he was Footballer writers player of the year in 1978/79 and then again in 1982/83,where he was also PFA player of the year too.

Ah but we're talking about him as a manager.

Well in his first season as player manager he won the Double of the League title and FA Cup in 1985/86.

Ah but he had Paisley helping him.

Well he did it again flying solo in 1987/88 and 1989/90.

I bet he couldnt do it with anybody else though.

Blackburn Rovers in 1994/95 and a runners up spot with Newcastle in 1997 and then an FA cup final appearance the following season.

Satisfied?

What the fucks Kenny ever done for us?

118 goals in 355 appearances.

Apart from that

6 League titles,1 FA Cup,4 League cups and 3 European Cups and a winning goal in his first European Cup Final.

Ah but he was surrounded by great players

Well he was Footballer writers player of the year in 1978/79 and then again in 1982/83,where he was also PFA player of the year too.

Ah but we're talking about him as a manager.

Well in his first season as player manager he won the Double of the League title and FA Cup in 1985/86.

Ah but he had Paisley helping him.

Well he did it again flying solo in 1987/88 and 1989/90.

I bet he couldnt do it with anybody else though.

Blackburn Rovers in 1994/95 and a runners up spot with Newcastle in 1997 and then an FA cup final appearance the following season.

Satisfied?

Yeah, but could he do it on a cold Wednesday night at Stoke?

Guest Gucci_Ledge

the problem we have is the next two games are chelsea away and man city at home. lose both of those and all of a sudden we have dropped 20 points from 39, which i don't care what anyone says is a shit start and would leave us with no chance of 4th. you have not one but 3 TEAMS in tottenham, arsenal and newcastle going great guns. it's just too much work even if things improve. if we win both we are in a great position but i think it's too much of an ask.

we saw it last season with a brilliant 2nd half of the season but there was just too much work.

also why I think Man City will win the league. They will go 10-12 points clear within a month imo and then they can afford a dip in form and still take the title by a few points when United's inevitable win 10 games in a row against shit opposition happens.

Edited by Gucci_Ledge

I don't know why people are surprised, a lot of us who weren't wearing the tinted specs said as much! Downing has achieved nothing in all his time in the league, if he was any good he wouldn't have been playing at Villa at 27. When you factor in he cost the same as Mata, it is truly alarming! football has moved on past the days where you play with a Tony Dorigo style winger; pace but no skill.

Henderson has never been good at anything and no one has ever taken notice of him yet we paid 16m for him to play right mid. For all Adam's passing ability, his game has several flaws, he is slow, lacks stamina, can't tackle and has zero positional awareness! These players were never going to cut it, neither was Carroll 35 million for exactly what? he has achieved nothing in the prem, we bough players to play around him instead of Suarez.

We let Raul go and he got us goals from the middle last season. Kenny and his British obsession has not moved us forward at all. Also 442 does not work with Lucas and Adam, both are too slow and sluggish, that is obvious to anyone who watches us!

British players lack technique, we all know this! Agger was spot on with his determination of the team, "headless chickens" Kenny has messed up and i don't see how he will be given more money to buy new technical athletic players.

Problems from last season were:

1)no pace in the side

2)over reliance on individuals

3)sloppy defending

we spent over 100 million and those same issues are still here!

I found myself wanting to have Routledge playing on our right side more than Henderson on Sat and he cost 16m! That's how bad it has got. If Suarez doesn't play well - we lose or draw!

I don't know why people are surprised, a lot of us who weren't wearing the tinted specs said as much! Downing has achieved nothing in all his time in the league, if he was any good he wouldn't have been playing at Villa at 27. When you factor in he cost the same as Mata, it is truly alarming! football has moved on past the days where you play with a Tony Dorigo style winger; pace but no skill.

Henderson has never been good at anything and no one has ever taken notice of him yet we paid 16m for him to play right mid. For all Adam's passing ability, his game has several flaws, he is slow, lacks stamina, can't tackle and has zero positional awareness! These players were never going to cut it, neither was Carroll 35 million for exactly what? he has achieved nothing in the prem, we bough players to play around him instead of Suarez.

We let Raul go and he got us goals from the middle last season. Kenny and his British obsession has not moved us forward at all. Also 442 does not work with Lucas and Adam, both are too slow and sluggish, that is obvious to anyone who watches us!

British players lack technique, we all know this! Agger was spot on with his determination of the team, "headless chickens" Kenny has messed up and i don't see how he will be given more money to buy new technical athletic players.

Problems from last season were:

1)no pace in the side

2)over reliance on individuals

3)sloppy defending

we spent over 100 million and those same issues are still here!

I found myself wanting to have Routledge playing on our right side more than Henderson on Sat and he cost 16m! That's how bad it has got. If Suarez doesn't play well - we lose or draw!

Mata was never going to come here so not even an argument.

Henderson is 20 and been an England international for a few years at his age group.Give the lad a chance FFS!

Before you say he's messed up let him get to the end of the season and then you can make a judgement.

Is that your knee jerking?

Mata was never going to come here so not even an argument.

Henderson is 20 and been an England international for a few years at his age group.Give the lad a chance FFS!

Before you say he's messed up let him get to the end of the season and then you can make a judgement.

Is that your knee jerking?

An England U21 international!

He has never stood out, LFC fans can kid themselves if they want, he offers nothing to the team currently and at 16 mill, you would expect something!

I will give him to the end of the season but i doubt Carroll will look like a 35m pound striker and Downing has never impressed me so i don't see that changing!

we shall see...

I stopped reading at "Henderson has never been good at anything"... considering he's one of the best passers of the football in England, and United's long term plans included him.

One of the best passers?????? are you kidding me! LOL

He is average at passing, in fact often makes the wrong decision when passing. You can say Adam is good at passing but Henderson? that's the tinted specs stuff we are all so used to hearing! Uniteds long term plans...... according the tabloids, if United wanted him they would have got him - fact. He was a united fan and Sunderland is managed by Bruce! glad you didn't continue to read on if this is the stuff you respond with!

You say we shall see, yet you're moaning like Victor Meldrew getting a blowy after a third of the way through the season.

Fucking take your own advice.

The proof will be in the pudding, yes! But as i said Downing for me will not wake up a 20m quality player and that is based on the last 4-5 seasons i have seen him play. Carroll has done nothing to warrant being the most expensive English player, he will not wake up and become mobile, quick etc. There is always a chance he may prove me wrong but very slim. So "the wait and see" is only said to please the people who cannot form objective views when it comes to Liverpool, it's patently clear for everyone else to see that we wasted stupid money in the market on average players! If it was Spurs doing the same we would be laughing!

How about you fucking take of your tinted specs!

The proof will be in the pudding, yes! But as i said Downing for me will not wake up a 20m quality player and that is based on the last 4-5 seasons i have seen him play. Carroll has done nothing to warrant being the most expensive English player, he will not wake up and become mobile, quick etc. There is always a chance he may prove me wrong but very slim. So "the wait and see" is only said to please the people who cannot form objective views when it comes to Liverpool, it's patently clear for everyone else to see that we wasted stupid money in the market on average players! If it was Spurs doing the same we would be laughing!

How about you fucking take of your tinted specs!

So it's wait and see for everyone else to prove you are right, but it doesn't apply when people tell you to wait and see how well a group of young players will turn out, least of all after playing together for a few months?

Spiffing, got ya.