You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with Kuyt its fairly obvious his best position is alongside Suarez.

At right wing, he'll be better than Henderson but Hendersons been very poor when played there. Kuyt at least works his bollox off and has some idea of what to do with the ball when he gets it. But still he lacks the technique, trickery and pace that someone at right wing should have.

But up front, hes a handful and everytime he plays there with Suarez we look a handful.

Loved Kuyt's hattrick last season against the Mancs and the 15 or so goals he put away for us. In fact, I loved everything about our team towards the second half of last season. I'd like to think that with more starts Kuyt would be scoring more in the league but I don't know if that's a stat I can rely on. Worrying for me is that Carroll is keeping him on the bench and he's not scoring either. I like to think also that Kenny is trying to play all the new players, getting them used to his system. Hiccups along the way, granted. Need more order, more control, less headless chickens. It'll come. But the fans wanting it all now need to calm down a little bit.

Guest San Don
Yep Kenny is doing a wonderful job - at wasting money and playing stone age tactics/formations. What is that stat again - we are 1pt better off than at this stage last season. Millions spend wisely then?

Oh do fuck off, you tiresome prik! I have enough gobshites like you in the ground, every game without coming on here and reading shite from more gobshites!

Serious question here Code.

Do you actually like any of our current players?

Because I don't think I've seen you make a positive comment about any of them so far this season.

There are many I like, I just dont find it especially interesting to talk about them unless someone disagree with my assertion of them.

Thats just how it works for me.

There are many I like, I just dont find it especially interesting to talk about them unless someone disagree with my assertion of them.

Thats just how it works for me.

Still waters run deep, man. Still waters run deep.

A: Agger was great today.

B: Yes he was.

C: Could not agree more.

D: We miss Agger when he`s injured.

E: Thats true, he is our best defender.

A: He certainly is.

C: Totally agree.

B: Agger is ace.

A: He sure is.

Sounds like a bundle of joy this and its certainly something I would invest my time taking part in.

Not really, if I found such things even a tiny bit interesting I`d just rejoin RAWK.

This thread is seriously worrying because nobody is disputing the basic fact that we've actually gone backwards since the end of last season, the turning point being the home loss to Spurs.

I can't find anything to disagree with regarding Henderson, Carroll, Downing, and Adam. Only Suarez and Enrique look good enough to build on.

But what's the source of the problem? Is it the "buy young" strategy of FSG? Is it Kenny just not having the ability to see talent or is it Comolli buying on the basis of a bunch of numbers. And if we know the source of the problem, do we have the ability to fix it?

Some things will improve with time, but some things won't.

And Stevie coming back won't be the panacea.

So where's the solution?

I'm depressed, I wanted the FSG-Comolli-Kenny thing to work.

It isn't and I can't see a way to make it work!

When you see Spurs with Parker, van der Vaaart, and Adebayor and between them they cost less than Henderson - WTF are we doing?

Adebayor is on loan, you massive gobshite.

He's only on loan because Manchester City have too many Ferrari's for their garage.

Parker is 31 years old. Anyone that thinks Parker is smarter purchase than Henderson is someone without concept of "BUILDING".

You can't see this FSG-Comolli-Kenny thing work because you're a short-sighted twat worried only about RIGHT NOW.

Our start to the season hasn't even been that poor... for fucks sakes.