You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We have won 3 out of the past 11 matches against newly promoted sides. Fucking disgraceful that. I'd be interested to see the stats of our rivals (whatever you'd consider them to be these days).

Yeah, fucking Kenny! He's responsible for at least ... oh.

In all seriousness it is symptomatic of a problem we have had with shit opponents for over two seasons now, except for a brief run of form under ... you've guessed it.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, fucking Kenny! He's responsible for at least ... oh.

In all seriousness it is symptomatic of a problem we have had with shit opponents for over two seasons now, except for a brief run of form under ... you've guessed it.

It goes back to the 08/09 season when draws against shite like Stoke and the like eventually caused us missing out on the title despite only losing 2 games. I don't know what it is. Often we batter these sides and still don't pick up the 3 points. I really can't put my finger on it, but once again this general lack of ability to beat the relegation fodder threatens already to de-rail the season. 6 points dropped already against Sunderland, Norwich and Swansea, it's infuriating.

This is the problem with Liverpool fans. You really overrate your squad. Of the top 6 you have the weakest staring 11 and squad. Once you accept the likes of Henderson, carol and adam is nowhere near as good as you think…..things will make more sense for you. The likes of rosicky, benayoun, park and arshavin are bench players for us. Someone like chamberlain don’t even make the squad. And we already have diaby, wilshere and sagna out for a while

[YOUTUBE]5OERYl6jU1U[/YOUTUBE]

It goes back to the 08/09 season when draws against shite like Stoke and the like eventually caused us missing out on the title despite only losing 2 games. I don't know what it is. Often we batter these sides and still don't pick up the 3 points. I really can't put my finger on it, but once again this general lack of ability to beat the relegation fodder threatens already to de-rail the season. 6 points dropped already against Sunderland, Norwich and Swansea, it's infuriating.

In my opinion mate, our players for the most part have no balls. That it's not been corrected under Kenny is a bitter disappointment, but if anyone can crack it I would trust him to.

We want players on the pitch who don't just walk out and kick a ball around. All the players we have need to be saying to themselves before the game;

I am going to represent Liverpool Football Club, nothing but victory is acceptable. This isn't Sunderland, Blackburn, Newcastle this is Liverpool, it is my obligation to the club and fans to work my bollocks off all game. If we don't win then what more could we have done?

Someone before was mentioning Stevie G when he was coming through grabbing games by the bollocks and taking us forward. Only Suarez and Gerrard can do that this season.

right... let me just get a few things off me chest here.

Most importantly, im rather worried with the support our team is getting lately, being at the game yesterday, i could say i was actually embarrassed to be a Liverpool fan. The atmosphere was fuckin woeful, on par with Hodgson's 6 month reign.

The last 10 minutes of the game was when we finally showed abit of willingness to get behind the players, thats when the more chances came. To much of a coincidence i'd say. The amount of moaning was ridiculous, there were also a few heated arguments between fans that could have easily got out of hand. The boo's at the end made me cringe in anger.

This tense atmosphere clearly rubs off on the players. I noticed Kenny's comments in his pre-match interview asking for patience, he knows the score and can sense it's not helping anyone. There are to many gobshites lately, dont bat an eyelid when the chants are in full force, but will absolutely ridicule our players when something goes wrong. This needs to be addressed quickly in my opinion. The comments im seeing here just sums everything up, i actually squeeze me balls so hard in frustration because there is nothing i can do about it so it just means i resort to self harming.

Lucas is not shit! Farrr from it! Saying he is shit lets the people that matter see that you do not have a clue about football. Your comments regarding any other topic on football do not matter to me.

I do think things need to be shaken up and was saying it before the Norwich game, Bellamy and Maxi need to be shafted in as soon as possible. Steward Downing is a player who needs confidence to show his ability, at the minute, whatever the reason he doesnt have so he needs to be taken out the team for the good of himself and us.

The same applies to Glen Johnson, he does not deserve Martin Kelly's right back position.

For me at times i think 4-4-2 can look very flat. If things are not going to plan, and were still looking for that much needed goal, i think it's to predictable and limits ideas to get that decisive winner.

For me im frustated with our points tally at the minute, because i know we should be sitting above Chelsea if you look at the handful of games were we derserved

three points and came away with a point or fuck all.

For me, there not huge issues, and something im very confident Kenny will address. I accept that yesterdays performance and the one at White Hart Lane was not acceptable. But im happy with the football ive been watching in the other games we've played so far! When are we going to get a winner when maybe we didnt derserve the three points? That lucky goal that man utd, chelsea always seem to get? For me as a whole this season so far, we havent had the rub of the green.

I can only think of the Rodwell decision that went in our favour. Luck plays a big part in football, and when you dont have any, you dont have any.

The posts and crossbars need to fuck right off! Im very confident that when a little luck comes our way, we find our clinical edge back to our game added with one or two further signings in January we have every right to be in 4th spot come the end of the season.

Gobshites just do one! Sick of ya's and so are me balls that are swollen, sore and very tender.

Great post on .tv forums. I think this guy is spot on.

Much has said about our yesterday's performance and it's been frustrating. Some of the tactics and selections have raised a few eye brows, but the biggest disappointment for me has been the change of attacking style compared to the high standard games we played in the end of last season..namely Man City at Anfield and Fulham at Craven Cottage.

When Carroll was knocking those crosses down to the box yesterday when we had absolutely no one there and no link between midfield and attack, I was reminded of those 2 spectacular performances which in my opinion are the best football we've played since the end of 08-09 season.

We were scoring for fun a few months ago, yet we tend to struggle to score these days...Why is that? When watching extended highlights of those games, I decided to take snap shots as it truly and very effectively shows the difference between Liverpool of yesterday and Liverpool of April-May of 2011.

http://i44.tinypic.com/ktcgo.png

This is 30 seconds in at Craven Cottage with Suarez breaking through. Notice the amount of runners we are getting into the box and giving Suarez options of whether to pass/shoot. Kuyt is almost shoulder to shoulder with their CB, Raul is lurking just behind the box as well (and gets in the box in the end) and Maxi which seem to far behind in this snapshot, is actually the player scoring from that move 5-6 seconds after that since he continues his run find a space in the box and finishes well. Lack of runners from midfield in behind the strikers was so frustrating to watch yesterday it was unbelievable.

Here is another example. For the second goal in the same game:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2gt4293.png

This is just after Johnson has delivered his cross into the box. You can see Meireles is in the box already, and Suarez is joining as well...so even if the Fulham defender manages to intercept the cross (that he couldn't in real life) there is a lo of chance that the ball will fall to one of our players in tons of space available, because we've attacked the space around their box perfectly.

Now, 2 quick snapshots for the move that resulted in our 3rd goal.

http://i41.tinypic.com/vmr5mr.png

Perfect pass and move play. Lucas, Maxi, Spearing and Suarez are quite narrow there and you'll see Lucas moving into the space between Fulham midfielders with Spearing coming into the space Lucas is at in this picture, while the balls gets distributed to the right. Meireles , Suarez and Maxi all attack the box when Shwarzer doesn't expect Kuyt to just shoot when this snapshot happens:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2hozkus.png

It doesn't show Maxi and Suarez but they are in the box, occupying defenders and waiting for a possible pass/rebound. Spearing is well positioned in the middle so in case the ball is intercepted and they counter, we'll have enough cover.

2 More examples in build up of Dirk's goal vs City:

http://i41.tinypic.com/1zbe89z.png

This is absolutely fantastic. Suarez with the ball and 3 PLAYERS IN FRONT OF HIM. Each running toward one direction to make themselves available for a pass, and confuse City defenders. The ball ends up with Raul in this case. City defenders can't risk and and try to block Suarez since those 3 LFC players ahead of Luis could massively take advantage if the killer pass made at the right time. I can't recall Luis attacking opposition with the ball this season and having 3 attackers (from his own team) ahead of him as passing options.

and finally the goal.

http://i41.tinypic.com/21mgguw.png

Once again we've got plenty of bodies into the box. It shows Luis and Andy, but Fabio is outta the frame, Spearing in tons of space just behind the box...and this time Lucas protecting the midfield in case they made an interception and countered (just like Jay was doing it in build up move to Kuyt's goal at Fulham)

All of those snapshots and build ups had a few things in common:

1) Dynamism of players which gives options to the person in possession.

2) All players wanted the ball at SPACE or FEET....at the moment 90% of our passes are to feet since we play "Pass and stay" as opposed to "Pass and move"

3) Crowding the box. Eying those incomplete blocks or interceptions by opposition defenders, a lot of presence and causing havoc by movement in the box.

Unfortunately, at the moment...we don't hav any of the 3...and 3 players who were at heart and soul of all those brilliant plays aren't playing for us anymore. The Portuegese Lampard is in London....Jay and Maxi play only once a month in CC, and have played 35 minutes in the league combined.

I hope KK gets the squad to watch those 2 games over and over again, and goes through the importance of movement and attacking the box. Hell, I hope Kenny himself watches it first !

Fulham Away is the Benchmark- Why has Kenny changed it? - LiverpoolFC Official Forums

I disagree with that but agree with everything else.

Our midfield 2 is being overrun so add a 3rd midfielder it’s not complicated. 4-4-2 hasn’t worked since the 90s, which coincidently is the same time Dalglish last managed.

Kenny hasn’t moved with the times, 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 are the formations to play at the moment and I think we have the players to play both, effectively.

4-4-2 has us playing more attacking football, creating more chances, and allows someone to support Suarez. Unfortunately, that someone is Andy Carroll who has nothing to offer at this club.

Kenny has played different systems here. He started out with a 3-5-2 remember, we've played 4-3-3 also. While 4-5-1 had us finishing 7th in the league.

There is however no excuse for why we can't beat Sunderland, Swansea, and Norwich at home. They should be routine 3 points everytime.

right... let me just get a few things off me chest here.

The comments im seeing here just sums everything up, i actually squeeze me balls so hard in frustration because there is nothing i can do about it so it just means i resort to self harming.

Gobshites just do one! Sick of ya's and so are me balls that are swollen, sore and very tender.

Thinking that half of the folk on here are representative of the Liverpool fan base is like thinking the poor misguided bloke who walks up Walton Breck Road covered in a sandwich board saying "Repent for He Is Coming and He Shall Smite Thee Down!!" is representative of the broad church of Christianity. They are mad extremists who have one foot in the camp of a recognised group and the other planted firmly in the realm of wild-eyed mania.

You wouldn't engage the mad hermit in a discussion of the merits of Joseph of Arimathea. So don't engage the braindead me-here-now 'fans' in a discussion of the merits of Lucas as an effective midfielder.

Both are futile.

Give your aching scrotum a rest and think not of these fools.

Henderson when played in the middle is miles more effective. He's the fella from midfield who WILL make the runs into the box supporting the attack like Raul used to and like Stevie G does when he has the chance. Hell I'd say Glen Johnson and Agger have been 2 of our most attacking players of late.

The thing is, we have the potential to go on a run like we did towards the end of last season. I dont know why everyone is so impatient and starting shit threads like this. Silverlining obviously smokes sausage and is probably the type of person that worries a lot and panics about things. He reminds me of my nan when she was at her most neurotic.

2 in the midfield against CITY?

Mentalist.

Lucas, Spearing, and Henderson would be perfect. Downing, Suarez, and Kuyt as the forward line.

Sounds about right. Lucas and Spearing will allow the front four more freedom. It certainly won't be a game for Adam.

If we play two in the middle we'll be thoroughly humiliated.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this again, but why dont we try Johnson on the right of midfield? When Kelly is back i would give it ago, no one this season has made a impression on the right so why not try glen there for a few games.

I'm not maxi's biggest fan at all, but the lad needs a run of games now. Downing has done nothing to make himself a starter on the left, give maxi a chance to carry on his form from the end of last season. We know maxi will get into the box and give us more numbers in their when we attack, thats what we have missed lately, our midfielders running forward of Carroll and/or suarez.