You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was shit. I know you love him and all that, but he was really shit.

He's one of our better players.

Now whilst that is a worry, as he's not a great player himself, he's the least of our worries.

We currently have the 3rd best defensive record in the league, and the joint (with WestcuntingBrom) 9th most goals scored.

So possibly its not Lucas' fault. But actually, Suarez aside, every single player that plays ahead of him. You know, the ones whose job it is to create and score goals.

We are creating chances but we are not finishing them. At the same time we look vulnerable to conceding as teams walk through our CM too easily. Therefore why are we playing 4-4-2. Lucas and Adam can't be the CM pairing, there needs to be another or one needs to be dropped. Adam is not good enough for Liverpool and nor is Lucas but seen as we have just bought Adam he will get a fair chance from Kenny especially as all his signings bar Enrique have been shit. Lucas is not good enough though so he should be dropped or play him in a CM 3.

Just because he is not the worst does not mean he warrants a place. The only players that warrant a place are Reina, Kelly, Agger, Enrique, Gerrard, Bellamy and Suarez. The rest should be Maxi, Skrtel/Coates. I can't even pick the rest.

This is a fallacy which really gets on my tits. How is it dangerous for people to say whatever they want about Kenny? Do you think that Henry and Werner will sack him or keep him at the club based on internet consensus? This isn't fucking Purslow and Broughton we're dealing with; these are shrewd men who will have their own professional advisers and a set of expectations that Kenny will be held to, so don't delude yourself that what people say and think, or the level of support they show to the manager will make any great deal of difference, and don't come on here saying 'it's dangerous' to back someone like Kenny because it's not dangerous in the slightest. What do you think will happen, exactly? Do you think that we'll be playing in League 2 under Dalglish, with FSG leaking money all over the place but going 'err, better not sack him, the fans think he's a legend!' You're talking rubbish.

There's never going to be a reasoned argument about Kenny's managerial abilities, that's the concern for me when we appointed him full-time, he's utterly impervious to criticism that will stick.

As far as FSG go, yes, hopefully they will take a reasoned and scientific approach to Kenny's second reign as manager, one based on points gained versus money spent.

FSG will only do the money-splurge once, it won't be a season-after-season a la Abramovich, our 'wealth' will only last as long as FSG believe it can make a difference and improve our revenue. Once City and United are in the distance, in 12 months time, those pockets will close up like a clam. We'll be drifting and there won't be another FSG on the horizon, this is last chance saloon, tradition counts for nothing.

It's appalling to look around at this team, having spent £140m, and only seeing Enrique, Adam, Bellamy and Suarez of any real fucking improvement on where we were 12 months ago. The signings of Downing, Henderson and Carroll have been nigh-on criminal, none of them seem to have the drive to improve themselves, all of them are prone to rediculous crisis' of confidence when things don't go their way, and they are all only able to play in just the one position in any meaningful way, and even then it's touch and go that they do that.

If this was Benitez we'd have burnt him at the stake.

Now fuck off you hippy.

It offends me that Lucas is still here. If concerns me massively that Kenny rates him above Spearing.

I look around at other young players, like Carl Jenkinson at Arsenal, and I'm so underwhelmed by Jenkinson, but he's playing all the time. Which makes me think just how low of an opinion this club must have on the likes of Coady, Wisdom et al that they can't break through in problem positions. Is that not the fucking point in having this bank of reserve/youth players? Rather than put Henderson out wide, can we not find a fucking winger from our other teams? Is that such a radical piece of thinking?

The money spent was enough to get a CL place not a EL place. If you think for one second that Kenny will feel he achieved his objectives and is satisfied with a EL place then you are deluded. Sure some fans last season were arguing against EL this season as we needed to focus.There are too many deluded twats on this site. Unfortunately I may be one of them sometimes but certainly not now.

If Kenny doesn't get 4th then he has failed and I expect him to be the man he is and walk.

Walk? After one full season in charge. A bit harsh there Colonel don't you think?

It offends me that Lucas is still here. If concerns me massively that Kenny rates him above Spearing.

I look around at other young players, like Carl Jenkinson at Arsenal, and I'm so underwhelmed by Jenkinson, but he's playing all the time. Which makes me think just how low of an opinion this club must have on the likes of Coady, Wisdom et al that they can't break through in problem positions. Is that not the fucking point in having this bank of reserve/youth players? Rather than put Henderson out wide, can we not find a fucking winger from our other teams? Is that such a radical piece of thinking?

You fucking clueless prick. What the fuck has Carl Jenkinson got to do witth Lucas?

What you're basically advocating is playing youth team players ahead of established internationals?

I think the problem is that poor fuckers like Redders, Moofy, Shoecunt, Gav et al, are really, really annoyed about how average we've been, and how average most of our signings have been, and although they've blindly, stupidly defended them, deep down they know how ordinary our team is, despite the gigantic spend under Kenny and Commoli.

And every average (or terrible) result that they've defended as "unlucky" or "fucked by the ref" or the woodwork or whatever, has finally come to this.

A home draw with Swansea.

And they know how poor we are. And how shit Lucas, Henderson and co are.

And they're angry that other people - cleverer people - knew it before they did

Moof, he said you're a bit of a pontificating cunt.

You, with the St Pauli flag, happy with spending £140m to sneak into the Champions League?

Jenkinson, by way of example, is the standard of kids coming out of top teams. If none of Wisdom, Coady, Suso, Sterling, Morgan, can come in and do a job like Jenkinson then we may as well scrap the youth team altogether, because Jenkinson isn't Dani Alves himself but he's not getting embarassed when called upon.

People who use the ignore function are missing the point of football forums.

I think the problem is that poor fuckers like Redders, Moofy, Shoecunt, Gav et al, are really, really annoyed about how average we've been, and how average most of our signings have been, and although they've blindly, stupidly defended them, deep down they know how ordinary our team is, despite the gigantic spend under Kenny and Commoli.

And every average (or terrible) result that they've defended as "unlucky" or "fucked by the ref" or the woodwork or whatever, has finally come to this.

A home draw with Swansea.

And they know how poor we are. And how shit Lucas, Henderson and co are.

And they're angry that other people - cleverer people - knew it before they did

I'm starting to think that signing Andy Carroll may turn out to the biggest mistake we've probably ever made in transfer terms.

I really want him to do well, but we lack a natural finisher. We've always had a natural finisher, be it with Fowler, Owen, Rush and even Torres at times could score goals from fuck all, a bit like Hernandez at United.

Our biggest problem IMO is the blatant lack of finishing ability in the most expensively built strike force we've had, and probably one of the most expensive the league has seen. Suarez is boss, I love him but he can't score for shit, Carroll just seems to be getting there but even then he's not a finisher. The lad who started at City last year just isn't there.

Look at Maxi last year, he scored under Kenny pretty much from every position going and he just can't get a game, which is a disgrace considering how bad Downing has played at times as well as Carroll.

There are things Kenny is doing wrong, and to simply ignore it doesn't solve the issue.

We've the makings of an excellent side, we should be doing better than this, but we aren't and the manager is as culpable as anyone else in that respect.

He's one of our better players.

Now whilst that is a worry, as he's not a great player himself, he's the least of our worries.

We currently have the 3rd best defensive record in the league, and the joint (with WestcuntingBrom) 9th most goals scored.

So possibly its not Lucas' fault. But actually, Suarez aside, every single player that plays ahead of him. You know, the ones whose job it is to create and score goals.

So Lucas is not supposed to be involved with passing the ball and distributing it? Seeing that he plays in the centre of midfield, you'd expect him to contribute in that area. This is what annoys me, this mentality that a defensive midfielder is just a CB playing high up the pitch with absolutely no responsibility to our possession of the ball.

It's wrong.

And besides, even defensively today he's done nothing and let players get by him easily. He's no Mascherano, not even close.

So Lucas is not supposed to be involved with passing the ball and distributing it? Seeing that he plays in the centre of midfield, you'd expect him to contribute in that area. This is what annoys me, this mentality that a defensive midfielder is just a CB playing high up the pitch with absolutely no responsibility to our possession of the ball.

It's wrong.

And besides, even defensively today he's done nothing and let players get by him easily. He's no Mascherano, not even close.

It really does point towards a bigger problem though. We have 2 very pedestrian midfielders trying to be both defensively sound and contribute going forward.

They are simply not suited to playing together in a midfield 2, its a plain as night and day.

I think its obvious at this point we need a 3 man core with 1 of those given a a strict defensive midfield role.

It's wrong.

Steve McLaren described Yaya Toure as an "enigma" because he isn't a dedicated DM nor is he an attacking midfielder. Apparently a fairly accomplished manager, and a man integral to the Mancs success earlier this century and late last, finds the idea of a midfielder doing both the defending and attacking aspects of the game inexplicable. I can't remember who else was in the studio, but they didn't think that was strange .

Moof, he said you're a bit of a pontificating cunt.

You, with the St Pauli flag, happy with spending £140m to sneak into the Champions League?

Jenkinson, by way of example, is the standard of kids coming out of top teams. If none of Wisdom, Coady, Suso, Sterling, Morgan, can come in and do a job like Jenkinson then we may as well scrap the youth team altogether, because Jenkinson isn't Dani Alves himself but he's not getting embarassed when called upon.

People who use the ignore function are missing the point of football forums.

Go and visit arsenal forum and see what people think of jenkinson. he was thrown in the deep end and after being murder by man u, he has got better and better each game. Here's the thing with Jenkinson....he has a manager who has 100% faith in him, so much that when sagna is out for three months, wenger dont want to put koscielny on the right and play mertesacker and vermaelen in the middle. Instead he benched mertesacker today to keep jenkinson on the right.

Winterburn said he's the most hard working player at the club and when he met him, he asked him for advice on how to improve. So you can talk about your youngsters all you want, but they are not playing PL football neither do they have a manager who has faith in them.So even if you dont think Jenkinson has much talent. He will surpass those players because of his environment.

Today he was one of our best players believe it or not

The money spent was enough to get a CL place not a EL place. If you think for one second that Kenny will feel he achieved his objectives and is satisfied with a EL place then you are deluded. Sure some fans last season were arguing against EL this season as we needed to focus.There are too many deluded twats on this site. Unfortunately I may be one of them sometimes but certainly not now.

If Kenny doesn't get 4th then he has failed and I expect him to be the man he is and walk.

Man City spent £400m- and didn’t qualify for the CL, it took a further investment to do it. The idea that we have spent enough to earn a CL slot defies any rational analysis.

The objective of the Club must be CL qualification- whether that is realistic is another matter. I doubt whether FSG have budgeted for it, they don’t seem to think that we will be needing a larger stadium any time soon.

I never thought that failing to secure EL qualification was a blessing, it was a failure.

By no measure will Kenny have failed if we don’t get fourth. Rafa didn’t mange fourth with Torres , Masch and Benny in the side, and that quality has not been replaced like for like. The idea that Kenny should resign for not making fourth is a nonsense, this is about investment- not the manager.