You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don
All of which I've been saying for ages:

1) We won't finish in the Top 4 because we don't have a very good side

Yes we do. We're struggling at home where lots of fans are getting on the team's back. Contrast that to away performances.

2) Lucas and Adam is possibly the worst CM partnership in the Premiership

Ah the old Lucas scapegoat, now ably supported with adam is a championship player!

3) We've wasted £120m on ordinary transfers

Bizzarre!

4) We need Lucas out of the first team immediately. He is truly, truly shite.

See number 2.

5) Henderson is a fucking embarrassment at RM, and should be played centrally or - preferably - not at all

henderson, the new scapegoat.

6) We need a dominant CM who can hold the side together

We have one, Unfortunately, he's out injured.

7) we still lack pace and penetration and without Suarez we would be below West Brom

Oh dear

8) Our best signings have cost us £6m and £0m.

Wakey wakey

Oh dear, oh dear.

As long as Lucas is a regular starter we will always be shite, when he has another pedestrian alongside him even more so.

Thank God we got rid of that underperforming Meireles in the summer all those runs without the ball into the box was so truly awful to watch, why would he ever do that when he could stand in the middle of the pitch looking at what happened infront of him?

Come on now. Thats just absurd, knee jerk rubbish.

Is it though? If you look at the teams who've finished 4th in the last 3 years, then we're on course to drop more points than them at home

Arsenal 10/11 dropped 20 pts at home, Tottenham 09/10 dropped 13 pts and Arsenal in 08/09 dropped 19 pts.

We've already dropped 8 pts at home, that's after 6 games, and we've yet to play Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City, Newcastle or Chelsea at Anfield.

Its not looking good at all for us, we've got to be honest about these things.

As long as Lucas is a regular starter we will always be shite, when he has another pedestrian alongside him even more so.

Thank God we got rid of that underperforming Meireles in the summer all those runs without the ball into the box was so truly awful to watch, why would he ever do that when he could stand in the middle of the pitch looking at what happened infront of him?

Amazing that a shit thread still attracts the biggest insects

Jesus christ, stop talking bollocks. Kenny's future at the club will be hanging in the balance if we fail to qualify for the CL.

Says who?

Certainly not the fans. FSG are hardly going to pull the trigger. And there is no-one on the Board qualified to take such a decision anyway.

I am happy with Kenny.What he has spent is enough to get a EL place, and that's it. Whether FSG are prepared to finance, and keep on financing a squad capable of consolidating a CL place remains to be seen.

I will also say that the lack of football knowledge on the Board ,with only one UK domicile director ,is frightening.

There were times under Benitez - a manager I always rated highly until he went a bit awry - that I thought he was truly insane with some of his decisions.

Similarly, while I do acknowledge that Lucas is fucking rubbish, pairing a one-paced plodder like him with Charlie Adam - who has possibly even less pace and dynamism - is simply barking mad.

It's the worst CM partnership in the Premiership, and the worst at Anfield since we partnered Mascherano with....er, Lucas.

And also, nobody else apart from Kenny thinks that Henderson should be playing at RM. NOBODY.

So what the FUCK is going on?

I think we're at least in a position right now where we can still definitely finish 4th if we just kick on a bit and change things up.

Last year, I looked at us at this point and just fucking knew we didn't have a hope in hell in finishing 4th despite the odd mong living in fantasy land saying otherwise.

Now, contrast this year and last and you can see, despite some shite results thus far, we're in alot better of a position.

I think people thinking doom and gloom are wrong but so are people thinking all we have to do is keep playing the same team week in week out and it'll suddenly just work.

As usual, the truth is somewhere in the middle but most people on here get so entrenched on either side and throw hissy fits if anyone makes a point they disagree with.

To me, its fairly simple, we persist with the way we are going we'll finish probably 5th at best.

But...if we make a few important changes we can without a shred of fucking doubt finish 4th.

To say we definitely won't finish 4th is madness. But its madness to think everything is going to just magically click eventually, it won't.

Given the investment in the squad, I think anywhere below fourth place equals failure this season. It's still achievable, but we'll need to improve massively on today.

Spearing could have come on for Adam or Lucas at some point to give us a bit more urgency. Some of the space Swansea got today was criminal.

The dicking around with Henderson (who we spent a lot of money on, lest anyone forget) shows that Kenny is no more immune from abject square peg/round hole bullshit than previous managers. 'Let's play him everywhere bar his best position' seems to be our bedding in tactic for the lad.

Suarez looked weary, as would any footballer carrying a team on their back for weeks on end.

On the bright side, at least we're level with Arsenal thanks to the head start they gave us.

The money spent was enough to get a CL place not a EL place. If you think for one second that Kenny will feel he achieved his objectives and is satisfied with a EL place then you are deluded. Sure some fans last season were arguing against EL this season as we needed to focus.There are too many deluded twats on this site. Unfortunately I may be one of them sometimes but certainly not now.

If Kenny doesn't get 4th then he has failed and I expect him to be the man he is and walk.

Says who?

Certainly not the fans. FSG are hardly going to pull the trigger. And there is no-one on the Board qualified to take such a decision anyway.

I am happy with Kenny.What he has spent is enough to get a EL place, and that's it. Whether FSG are prepared to finance, and keep on financing a squad capable of consolidating a CL place remains to be seen.

I will also say that the lack of football knowledge on the Board ,with only one UK domicile director ,is frightening.

John W Henry sets Liverpool's sights on the Champions League | Sport | The Guardian

Champions League our main target – Liverpool keeper Reina | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

John Henry and one of our most senior players. Kenny, Comolli and the owners have DEFINITELY spent to get back into the CL, no ifs or buts. No way would John Henry let Kenny spend £100m if he turned round and said I can only qualify for the Europa League with that money. And I think it says it all, that John Henry says it would be a massive dissapointment for us not to quality, I'd say that was directed at Kenny, Comolli and the coaching staff more than anyone else. He's given them trust with his money, now its time for them to repay him by getting LFC into the CL this season or their heads will be on the chopping board, IMO.

The money spent was enough to get a CL place not a EL place. If you think for one second that Kenny will feel he achieved his objectives and is satisfied with a EL place then you are deluded. Sure some fans last season were arguing against EL this season as we needed to focus.There are too many deluded twats on this site. Unfortunately I may be one of them sometimes but certainly not now.

If Kenny doesn't get 4th then he has failed and I expect him to be the man he is and walk.

Said it at the start of the season, with the money we have spent it should be the main objective this season.

I dont think we can afford another year out of the champions league if we want to keep hold of Reina and Suarez.