You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst show on TV?

Elmyn Noos

Of those I've had the misfortune of seeing and ignoring the obvious shite like the soaps I'll go for Waterloo Road. The most ridiculous, terribly scripted and acted contrived pile of garbage dressed up as a 'serious' BBC drama ever.

The opening post does not contain any rules. And the one you purport to mention is singular, not plural. Power down your lasers and rescind your incorrect neg, or witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station.

Noose did say 'pick ONE'

You greying the areas with that blanket suggestion.

I'm throwing in Peter Andre: Next Butlins camp.

It's just pipping any other celeb following show, TOWIE Shite, Made in Chelsea and anything on during the day that I have to watch on my days off.

x factor is fucking shit this year it wasn't good any other year it was just a program me the wife and the 2 young'uns could sit down and watch as a family together cause theirs fuck all else on family wise but this year its getting hard to bare even if its for the kids

The One show. 'Factual' programming for complete dickheads. The Beeb probably count that shit as part of their quota for ticking the infotainment boxes.

Asking a loads of bigoted cunts what their favourite colour is, then backing it up with the opinion if a D lister or a genuinely famous person plugging something; is not educational or public service broadcasting. It's fuckwittery to keep the masses quiet and occupied.

Damn, I wish I was motivated enough to organise an uprising.

Another vote for The One Show.

It appears to be about nothing.

The One Show's only redeeming factor is the coverage they gave to the Hillsborough parliament debate recently. However, I would never hit a woman but I could make an exception towards that shouting Welsh flat dick.

My choice for worst show on the telly is X Factor. It's so rigged to bring about controversy and "get the country talking" it makes that American Wrestling garbage look like its real. These so called "Judges" are that fucking annoying and know fuck all about music they need dragging through the streets of Basra with Allah is a cunt written on their foreheads.

There needs to be a cull as well of the kind of bastards who keep turning up on this dog shit. Males who look like they fell into Oxfam and came out with grandads old blazer and hat attached to them and girls who look like they haven't got one brain cell and always have some ridiculous story as to why the world owes them fame and fortune. See you all down at The Yates karaoke competition in 5 years after your 3 years of obscurity.

FUCKING DIE YOU HORRIBLE BASTARD OF A SHOW!!!

Guest davelfc

Just had to endure what felt like an hour but in reality was 30 seconds of clips from an upcoming show on sky, The cafe. The only thing missing from the corny jokes was the 'badoom-tish' at the end of them.

Seems sky got someone to puke in a bucket and then poured it into tv show format. In fairness I only endured the promo clips of 'trollied' but I still awake at night screaming. The other one, 'mount pleasant' again I endured clips but it looked as funny as the recent agonising abscess I suffered in my front tooth when I wanted to smash the damned tooth out with a hammer.

Actually I think I'd rather suffer those 6 days again than have to watch any of those shows and I NEVER want to suffer that pain again. Seems they will throw money at any old shit these days and worse still the extras from 'walking dead' will lap it up.

I've got an idea, sell them on DVD and get the buyer to stipulate who they are buying it for, then hunt them all down and slaughter them. World would be a better place.

F******l league show.

Yeah, its the best sport in the world, but fuck me its shoddily put together. Steve Claridge don't helps things either

The worst show on tv? Come on, it's not great but it's better than most shite.

Another vote for the only way is essex. Mindless, scripted shite.

Big Brother. It didn't create the fame at any cost culture, but it gave it a massive shot of amphetamines and allowed shite like the X Factor, that Essex show and any other reality shit to permeate the schedules.

I was going to go for MTV until my caffeine-deficient brain realised it wasn't a show. However, I do reserve hatred for MTV whenever I see any identikit

T4-esq presenter who is 'trendy' and makes 'humourous quips'.

Guest davelfc
I caught some of The Impressions Show earlier and had to leave the room, it was that awful. The impressions were fairly shit, but you could almost forgive that if the gags were any good. They weren't.

Jon Culshaw can only do one impression and that appears to be a pretty poor impression of Jon Culshaw.

The thing with shite reality shows like Big Brother, X-Factor, Get me out of here I'm a Z-list celebrity, The only way is... (up?), Dancing on whatever etc. As utterly shit as they undoubtedly are, they are so well publicised that I find it quite easy to give them a massive swerve. I can very honestly say I haven't laid my eyeballs on any mainstream reality TV show for a good few years now, not even as I've flicked through channels or left the TV unchanged after a show I may have watched beforehand. Out of sight, out of mind.

It's like if you have to walk across a field littered with landmines, but each landmine has a huge buzzing neon sign above it saying "LANDMINE HERE!!! YEAH!!!", chances are you'll make it to the other side with all your limbs intact.

The worst shows are the ones that sneak up on you. Was watching BBC3 a while back on a night, the old Family Guy/American Dad runs that they do some nights, and after that ended I had the misfortune to end up watching something called "Lee Nelson's Well Good Show". Some stereotypical chav type, it may be his TV persona rather than how he is in real life but the end result is the same. I just want to punch him in the face. Repeatedly. Not to cause physical harm really, just for the pure satisfaction of punching him. In the face.

That's my nomination.

Last night, my Mrs watched 'Extreme Couponing', where some American woman went shopping with loads of coupons. Really. Except that it was even worse than that, she was just buying whatever she could get cheap, so she bought 50 odd bottles of mustard, and 30 boxes of cereal..Turns out loads of Americans do it, like this:

Extreme Couponing - Coupon Stockpiles : Videos : TLC

If this is what's on TV in the states, no wonder they all shoot each other in the face.

In some ways, I don't think the reality/faux reality type shows should be included. They make no pretences to be 'good' TV. You know they are shite, they know they are shite, and you should know exactly what you are gonna get.

This is Jinsey is a good shout. Big fan of surreal comedy like The League of Gentlemen, and was hoping for something like that, but there just wasn't anything funny about it. It was like very bad impressions of Reeves and Mortimer doing bad impressions.

However, I saw about 5 minutes of Mrs Browns Boys I think its called on the BBC and it was absolutely dire. Thought I had been transported back to the 1970s. Someone please tell me there has been a better Irish comedy series than this since Father Ted!

The missus was watching something the other day called 'extreme hoarders' and I want to kill the daft pricks who just let their houses pile up with shite and wont throw anything at all away.

You would just hire a massive skip and dump everything in it and end of story and the programme should last 10 minutes but it lasts a whole mind numbing hour.

Fuckin shite.