You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Things to do in Middlesbrough when the future Mrs S, thankfully, isn't dead?

brucespanner

I live not far from 'Boro and it's sound. The horror stories are a load of bullshit, I mean i'm from Huyton for fucks sake!

With regards things to do, Yarm is good for a pint and has some nice restaurants too.

If you like a bit of culture there's a village called Great Ayton where Captain Cook was born; some good little places there and it's lovely, not sure about winter time though, I usually go there in the summer.

It's the same as anywhere really with the usual leisure options.

Terrible case of Stockholm Syndrome you've got there mate.

Looks like its got more room than my house. It looks detached too.

The house is fucking enourmous 12 or 13 beeded I think but all we have is a lounge, 1 bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. All of the rooms are fucking massive though with high ceilings.

Can't go wrong for £450 a month with all bills covered bar the leccy.

In my experience, everywhere is the same; good places, bad places.

I used to have the same opinion of around here before I moved up here but it's the same as anywhere.

I've been to Leeds loads of times - some great places there but also some places that people would describe as a shit hole. Same as everywhere in this country.

It's like the lads who go to Anfield for the match and complain about how much of a shit hole it is, that really grates on me.

Most people who criticise a place live in a similar place.

Luckily for her she's still not quite sure where she is, me on the other hand......

She's getting better by the day and we think it'll be about two weeks before she's alright to come home to continue her rehab, fingers crossed. She's still confused, disorientated and lost, but you can see improvement by the day in her memory.

With the job I do I can move about so I'm sorted for work up here for the next couple of weeks *shudders*

Cheers for all the well wishes and advice, truly.

Spanner, nice to know she's on the mend. Best not to slow down her recovery by telling her she's ginger hey! She disorientated enough as it is! In the OP you said it was a 'bad accident'. Can I ask what actually happened?

She was horse riding and feel backwards on to a bean, causing a pretty big bleed on the brain, if she wasn't wearing a helmet she'd be dead! Quite innocuous and thats what's frightening.

She's the most gingery ginger goddess in the world and fully embraces the MC1R variant she rocks. All she wants is a night out, it's awful but it's like she's constantly pissed anyway!

If she wasn't naturally funny it'd be a lot worse, but she's been hilarious.

Mother-in-law is turning into a proper massive spackercunt though.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the Middlesbrough experience ended last week, she's now in Surrey and still a state, but getting better by the day, it looks like another couple of months before she's back to 'normal'. The OT's and doctors are still cautious, but it looks like a full recovery is on the cards, thank fuck!!!

It's fucking scary how something so simple can bring about something so serious.

The best news is that she's coming home for Christmas, for a week or two before going back to Surrey to continue treatment. She's getting spoilt rotten!!!

Just though I'd give an update.

CV & PR I ended up working in Stockton, fuck me you didn't lie did you? I've never seen anywhere so disadvantaged and dilapidated. Nobody I spoke to gave a fuck either, truly horrible place!