You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Things to do in Middlesbrough when the future Mrs S, thankfully, isn't dead?

brucespanner

As the title of the thread suggests I'm in Middlesbrough for what may be a few weeks after the future Mrs S had quite a bad accident, she's doing ok but is going to need a quite a bit of recuperation, and physio, to get her back to the goddess she is.

With visiting hours limited so she can rest her pretty little head I'm going to be stuck for things to do of an eve, this is where you come in. Can anybody recommend anything to do in this shithole that doesn't involving getting pissed constantly?

I've had two thought, mix with the natives or hari Kari. Neither of these are ideal so any help would be welcome.

I live not far from 'Boro and it's sound. The horror stories are a load of bullshit, I mean i'm from Huyton for fucks sake!

With regards things to do, Yarm is good for a pint and has some nice restaurants too.

If you like a bit of culture there's a village called Great Ayton where Captain Cook was born; some good little places there and it's lovely, not sure about winter time though, I usually go there in the summer.

It's the same as anywhere really with the usual leisure options.

Brownie is wrong and Noos is right...there's absolutely fuck all to do in Middlesbrough apart from getting shit-faced and totting up the number of petrol drinking, 6 toed child molesters making their ways back and forth from the dole.

Don't get hooked on crack by way of numbing your senses.

I've just been for a wander in the locality.

Four fucking chip shops next door to each other, not pizza, kebab and Indian, but proper fish and chip shops right next door to each other! What the fuck, are they lives so miserable that all they do is eat fucking chips? I'm in the suburbs as well, which makes it worse as there's a fuck load of oddities knocking about.

She'd better get transfered somewhere the phone book doesn't only contain one surname!

I shafted a bunch of Stockton hewwers in my time, and they've all been fucking crackers.

As in "mental".

6 toed petrol drinkers.

My experience of Stockton comes from seeing a bird. Completely mental & a car crash of a relationship. But for a while you go back for more as they are mental in bed as well

Cheers chaps, rep will be bestowed when I get on a proper pc.

She has a bleed on the brain which has caused massive memory loss and dreams and reality to become blurred. She's gonna be ok, it's just a matter of time before her brain stops wobbling. She's a naturally funny girl anyway, I know a rare breed, but because she's not guarded with what she's saying she's hilarious, that's helping a lot!

My god Middlesbrough is a ficking dive!!!

As the title of the thread suggests I'm in Middlesbrough for what may be a few weeks after the future Mrs S had quite a bad accident, she's doing ok but is going to need a quite a bit of recuperation, and physio, to get her back to the goddess she is.

With visiting hours limited so she can rest her pretty little head I'm going to be stuck for things to do of an eve, this is where you come in. Can anybody recommend anything to do in this shithole that doesn't involving getting pissed constantly?

I've had two thought, mix with the natives or hari Kari. Neither of these are ideal so any help would be welcome.

aiken_portrait.gif

Declare victory and get out.