You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ferguson - 25 years

Guest LFD

Fact of the matter is...Ferguson would have achieved fuck all had it not been for two people in particular. Step forward David Moores and Graeme Souness. Moores for his lack of vision and most criminally of all, his lack of backbone in not sacking Souness when it was patently obvious that Souness was nowhere near the standard required in keeping LFC at the top.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact of the matter is...Ferguson would have achieved fuck all had it not been for two people in particular. Step forward David Moores and Graeme Souness. Moores for his lack of vision and most criminally of all, his lack of backbone in not sacking Souness when it was patently obvious that Souness was nowhere near the standard required in keeping LFC at the top.

Embarrassing

Ferguson will always be a raw subject for us as it has coincided with our relative demise ( Although our demise is far more illustrious than others glories!)

Ferguson has had some good luck, we have had some bad luck.Man u have made some good decisions, we have made some bad ones, particularly about the stadium. Those placing blame on Souness are being harsh.That team needed rejuvenation.That he failed is a matter of record, that the job needed doing beyond doubt, who would have succeeded wher he failed unknown.

Kenny speaks about Baconface and his 25th anniversary with respect. As expected.

"He has been fantastic for Manchester United and I think he has even surpassed the legend that was Sir Matt Busby with the achievements and success he has had,' said Ferguson’s fellow Glaswegian.

'To be anywhere for 25 years is unbelievable and every success he has had is testament to him and the football club.'

'When you remember where the football club was when he came in, I think it is a fantastic achievement where he has taken them to now,' said Dalglish".

You have to begrudgingly respect him as a football manager. Twenty-five years at the same club, turning them into what they are today, is a fantastic achievement from a footballing perspective, of that there is no doubt.

As a person, however, he is a cunt of the highest order. He's a nasty, vindictive, wanker and he's getting worse the older he gets.

No i would say it was more down to access of a stock market money.

Can just imagine Woy and his arse licking ilk creaming themselves at the thought of ringing up the dozy old purple nosed bastard to congratulate the sozzled old leper on his achievements at making them allow their teams to roll over for the last 20 years.

They have been asking managers about it on SSN.

Hodgson - "There are very few legends and icons in this world - Sir Alex is certainly both!"

Now I think he is a cunt, he is no legend in my eyes - but I do respect his achievements.

As a person, however, he is a cunt of the highest order. He's a nasty, vindictive, wanker and he's getting worse the older he gets.

I disagree (with the bit in bold, obviously!). I think he's actually mellowed with age, which, when you consider what an absolute cunt the man still is, is quite something. I think people forget just what an absolute abomination of a human being he was in the mid to late '90's.

To those taking the moral high ground and calling others small time for airing their hatred for Slur. You seem to have a short memory.

Anyone that praises him after calling Suarez a diver for "falling around all over the place." and calling Torres a "cheat" needs to have a rethink.

Suarez has now also been labelled a cheat and is getting an increasingly hard time off defenders because of slurs actions.

But you keep patting yourself's on the back.

I actually think the whole Ferguson and 25 years discussion is quite an interesting one.

No one can deny that 12 league titles is an incredible feat. But it is astonishing the amount of luck he has had.

Time and time again what look like really good other teams building up a head of steam, all shoot themselves in the foot and fall apart.

There is no doubt that he has built some fine teams. The team in 1994 was excellent, as was the team of 2000.

But he has also won the title with some very average outfits.

He won his 1st title with only 84 points from 42 games.

He’s won it with only 75 points in 1997, and only 79 points in 1999.

We had completely imploded by the time he won his first title. We were 6th with only 59 points that season so the idea he’d knocked us off our perch was stupid. If anything Arsenal and Leeds had knocked us off it.

Blackburn won the title and should have pushed on, but were relegated 2 seasons later.

Arsenal built a very good team but then fell away for years.

Chelsea should have been the ones that kept Utd on 15 league titles, but after ruling the Premier League and looking like pushing on to Champions league titles they inexplicably sacked the best manager they’d ever had by miles. Thus allowing a very average Utd to win 4 of the last 5 league titles.

Of course within that period of time we came good. We achieved 82 points in 2007, enough to win last years title, and 86 points in 2009, a tally that would have won us the vast majority of the last God knows how many titles. Yet instead of pushing on we blew up in the most dramatic way and almost went out of existence, and the most average of Utd sides was able to splutter along to yet another league title, winning the same amount of away games that Blackpool did who finished 2nd last.

However, it is important to note he has built some excellent teams and won the title at a canter on a number of occasions playing fantastic football.

Its Europe where I think the idea that Ferguson is the greatest manager ever just totally collapses.

Until Chelsea were bought up by Abramovitch, Ferguson was able to blow money left right and centre on any player he wanted. He simply outbid anyone who came close. Despite this he was time and time again played off the park by average European Sides.

When they finally won it in 1999, they were played off the park for the entire game, with 2 injury time goals giving them the win. Then, with all the money he wanted Ferguson continued to fail in Europe for close to a decade. It took the other strong leagues of Italy and Germany to go through very bad spells before he could make any kind of impression. He got to the final in 2008 and, again, with Chelsea hitting the woodwork and outplaying them for long periods, managed to hang on and win on pens with Chelsea missing their penalty to win it.

After that it has been 2 seasons with the most incredible two group draws and knockout draws anyone has ever seen. None more so then last season when they simply couldn’t have handpicked easier games in every single match up until he final when they had to play a good team. When that happened, in both circumstances they were hammered. Hammered to the extent that when 3-1 down and with 15 mins to go Ferguson brought on a midfielder instead of an attacker as he knew that if he went for it he’d have lost 5-1.

At no pint have Utd been seeded number 1 in Europe. At no point were they ever considered the best team in Europe. Compare that to Paisleys Liverpool.

In 20 attempts with bottomless pockets of money Ferguson has won 2 CL titles. In 6 attempts Paisley won 3.

Ferguson is to be congratulated on his longevity and on building some very good domestic teams. But unless something dramatically changes over the next few seasons as he comes to an end, I think his legacy could be a real failure to capitalise in European Competition.

With the dominance Man Utd have had, they should be up with Real now on the amount of European Cups they’ve won. Instead they sit down in 8th.

One other significant factor with the man is his attitude and personality. He simply is an extremely unpleasant man and a bully. When Arsene Wenger would have a pop at him and state that he could do what he wanted and get away with it, the press just laughed at Wenger and ignored the truths he was telling. When our own former manager told the complete truth about how Ferguson runs the FA, he was accused of ranting and talking rubbish by nearly all journos, and a lot of his own clubs fans.

But the simple truth is that Ferguson, like the Man Utd chant, does what he wants. He can pick up a player for the airport live on TV when the players club have not given him permission to talk, and nothing happens. He can abuse referees and use the press to drag up their personal lives so they are left in no doubt that if they do anything he doesn’t like they will be vilified in the public eye. He can berate a ref and tell him he won’t ref at Old Trafford again, only for that ref not to officiate at that ground for 9 years. No penalty given at Old Trafford in the league in 11 years….

His list of domestic honours is amazing. But his character leaves a massive stain. You just have to look at his recent comments and agenda against Suarez. It’s disgusting. The man talks about other clubs and players with impunity, but should any other manager speak about any other club, then the press slaughter him.

The hand gesture of our former manager that had fat sam and ferguson mouthing off is another example.

He’s a horrible vindictive bully, and football will be a lot better when he’s gone.

All in all, the man’s a massive cunt.

Kenny speaks about Baconface and his 25th anniversary with respect. As expected.

"He has been fantastic for Manchester United and I think he has even surpassed the legend that was Sir Matt Busby with the achievements and success he has had,' said Ferguson’s fellow Glaswegian.

'To be anywhere for 25 years is unbelievable and every success he has had is testament to him and the football club.'

'When you remember where the football club was when he came in, I think it is a fantastic achievement where he has taken them to now,' said Dalglish".

He tempered that contribution with a nice little mini-barb:

Asked whether he thought any manager would remain at one club for 25 years in the current climate Dalglish added: "I don't think you would have seen Fergie lasting 25 years when he came in until Mark Robins scored with a header at Notts Forest.

FA fine and touchline ban impending for using 'Fergie' rather than 'Sir Alex' I reckon.

Ferguson is a truly incredible manager and he's achieved things for United over the last 25 years that nobody else could have matched.

Trying to diminish his achievements is the mark of a samll-time bitter cunt.

The number of titles and trophies and the amount of great teams he has built will mean that he will - quite rightly - go down as a legend of the game after he dies.

Which I hope is very soon.

Thank you, Howard Webb.

Embarrassing

It really isn't.

15 months after winning the European Cup David Moores has to loan his own club money to buy Dirk Kuyt.

If the stupid cunt had been doing his fucking job properly along with Parry, Robinson & Noel White we would never have been in this mess.

Ferguson is a superb manager, only behind Paisley in this country, but he can owe a huge debt of fucking gratitude to the incompetence at the other end of the East Lancs that made it a whole lot fucking easier for him.

He might have knocked us off our perch but we gave him the fucking gun he used to shoot us off it.