You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What phone to get?

NelCarra

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just requested a PAC code from T-Mobile and they've miraculously changed their upgrade offer...

I am now awaiting delivery of a free Sensation XE on a two-year contract, with 300 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet.

£25 a month - happy with that...

Just bought a HTC Sensation myself - awaiting delivery now, and its unlikely to get in before xmas now... just wondering how your getting on with it?

Just bought a HTC Sensation myself - awaiting delivery now, and its unlikely to get in before xmas now... just wondering how your getting on with it?

It's great! Super quick, and the Beats Audio is really good.

The Sense UI works beautifully and it's just a really easy phone to use.

The battery life isn't too bad either...

I work for a network, and was using an iPhone 4. More than happy with it to the point of fan boy levels. Managed to get my hands on a 4S. A talking computer ladies and gentleman ! Siri has been described as a very elegant piece of software. It is, and much more.

Yes I am a nerd. So ?

There are loads of good contract deals on hotukdeals for the S2, I've seen £25 per month with decent minutes/texts/data for free/18 months, it may have even been 12 months don't remember now. Also had the bonus of being on O2 which is easily the best provider in my region anyway.

I get to upgrade my phone 6 months early, next week, but I dont know what phone to upgrade to. Currently got a Blackberry Bold. Which phone or phones what you recommend for me to get. Ive heard the iphone 4S and Samsung S2 are good phones but I like the look of the new Blackberry Bold Torch also!

Blackberry Bold. Simples.

If you want a decent smartphone but don't want to pay a monthly contract (like me!), have a butchers at Carphone Warehouse.

They are knocking out the Nexus S for £199 and the Nokia N8 for £199, both sim free.

Winter clearance

Stick in a £10 per month giffgaff sim (250 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data plus free giffgaff-giffgaff calls) and you're laughing.

Unlimited Mobile Browsing With giffgaff goodybags | giffgaff.com

Yes, there are quicker phones out there but only if you pay silly money on PAYG or get tied into a 18-24 month contract.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the iphone 4s worth the extra money compared to the iphone 4?

Deal is for both on a 24 month contract;

iphone4 8GB

UK minutes: 300

UK texts: unlimited

UK data: 500MB

Monthly cost: £31

Handset cost: £89

iphone4s 16GB

UK minutes: 300

UK texts: unlimited

UK data: 500MB

Monthly cost: £31

Handset cost: £199

I'm not really arsed about battery life anymore, I've the desire hd for long enough and accept if you want a device that does everything a pc and a camera does then expect to have it plugged it at all times. If I'm in work I have it on usb charge so it's almost always on charge.

I'm the same. PLUS, micro USB is pretty much the standard charger now so there's always somewhere available to charge it. I had mine behind the bar in my local for an hour the other week for a wee top up.

• 2 months later...

Scored myself a Galaxy Ace today with 3. 100 minutes (I very, very rarely call people), 5000 texts and unlimited data usage for £18 a month. Win.

I appreciate it's no Galaxy S2 but for starters I don't like the size of those things, and I've upgraded from a HTC Wildfire which although was ok as a starter smartphone was fucking horrible - lagging, freezing, unable to run comparatively simple apps. I'm well happy, me.

• 3 months later...

Who was it that got a Galaxy Ace and was having battery problems? Zeke?

Anyway, I've been getting sick of having to charge mine twice a day. Just read somewhere that if you do:

Settings > Accounts and sync > Uncheck 'background data'

Your battery life will increase immensely. I've just done it, will see how it goes.

What do you think of your Ace otherwise, Lurtz?

As you know I went for the S11..I wish I loved it more the money I'm spending on it but for the things I use it most for..texting and access on here I'm deeply unimpressed by the erratic nature of the cursor when texting and particularly when trying to put up messages on here (that Scaramanga dude suggested something which improved it a bit but didnt solve the probelm