You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Secret Santa 2011

RobbieOR

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got mine today.

2 dics, nicely Christmas themed computer-done artwork and CDs called@

Secret Santa's Ones That Are A Bit Good and Scret Santa's Stuff That is Quite New.

Featuring - Los Campesinos, Deerhunter, Arcade Fire, The National, Bright Eyes, Interpol, Grammatics, Desparecidos, Death From Above 1979, QOTSA, Wolf Parade, Postal Service, The Velvet Teen, Sigur Ros, Lemon Jelly, Sufjan Stevens, The Joy Formidable, Johnny Foreigner, Bon Iver, Josh T Pearson, Fleet Foxes, Bill Wells, Laura Marling, Pete & the Pirates.

A mixture of bands I've heard of but haven't heard and some I've heard but not sure of the songs.

Cheers to whoever sent it!

Review to follow once I've had enough time to listen.

Just to remind anyone new to this: you are expected to post the track listing of your CD, try to guess who it's from and write a track by track review of it within a respectable period of time from receiving it (i.e., a few days at most, lazy arses).

At the risk of incurring the wrath of fellow Secret Santa-ites, I'm going to do the honourable thing and hold my hands up to the fact that my recipient's CD is currently sitting on my desk.

It will be posted today, but I'm afraid there is next to no chance it will be with them for Christmas.

However, given the lack of updates on here so far, I get the impression I'm not the only one to have failed in their sacred duty...

Just to remind anyone new to this: you are expected to post the track listing of your CD, try to guess who it's from and write a track by track review of it within a respectable period of time from receiving it (i.e., a few days at most, lazy arses).

Personally, I think a couple of weeks beofre the review is fair enough. A few days at this time of year isn't enough IMO.

Personally, I think a couple of weeks beofre the review is fair enough. A few days at this time of year isn't enough IMO.

Two weeks? How long does it take to listen to a CD and then say what you think? Most people involved write ten times as much on here in a day than they would in a review. Just a question of getting your head down and doing it. Secret Santa has nearly died a few times on here because basically people weren't bothered enough. My view is that if you're in, you need to commit the time to it. A few days is ample time.

Two weeks? How long does it take to listen to a CD and then say what you think? Most people involved write ten times as much on here in a day than they would in a review. Just a question of getting your head down and doing it. Secret Santa has nearly died a few times on here because basically people weren't bothered enough. My view is that if you're in, you need to commit the time to it. A few days is ample time.

Need to balnce that with giving it a decent listen though

Come on, where's the rest of you.

The Christmas first class post cuts on the 20th. Start bunging in some updates on where you're at.

[YOUTUBE]Z_8JLkwzpd0[/YOUTUBE]

I sent mine in good time and should be with its recipient before Christmas. They need open no other presents, for my bundle of joy will give all the cheer needed at this festive time.

Edited by Doh'Nuts

I agree mate - hence, "a few days".

To be fair what if people have got stuff on in the build up to Christmas,nights out, work (where they can't listen to it during work time) etc, then it can be difficult. If I get mine today or tomorrow I'm not going to have the time to listen to mine till the day after boxing day at the earliest.

Normally I would agree but I think an notification that it has been received then a deadline of the 5th of Jan (just a suggestion of course) for the review.