You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Life of Brian

POOOS

Apologies for starting a new thread about one of the best comedy films of all time, as I'm sure there will have been something posted about it before. Unfortunately, the search function on here being what it is - rubbish - I can't find anything. Anyway, just seen that it's on BBC iPlayer.

Enjoy:

BBC iPlayer - Monty Python's Life of Brian

(I assume it's UK residents only?)

• 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...

"... and the bezan shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there will be a great rubbing of parts. Yeeah..."

Oddly enough, not Trump's latest Twitter rant.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, niallers said:

Every scene in the movie is quotable, from the sermon on the mount with big nose, to the guy who ran off after getting help with his cross. A true masterpiece

Me and one of my best mates have full blown conversations with quotes from it. He moved to Utah for 6 years but moved back to England in the summer. Hadn't seen him (bar a mates wedding in 2017) for years and me and my missus were down in Guildford for another wedding. Met up with him and his missus the night before and straight into it. One of the girls went the bog "Incontinentia" sure enough we get looked at like weirdos while we're both streaming in tears of laughter. 

I watched it on channel 4 the first time it was aired on terrestrial TV in 91. I was 11 and I've 3 older brothers who all had their friends in the house. Must've been 20 of us in there and I missed 90% of the jokes. 

Over the years however, each time you watch it you laugh at something new. 

The biggus dickus scene with the guards trying not to laugh has to be the funniest clip from a comedy in movie history. 

And one that is underrated is when biggus starts reading from the scroll with his lisp. Sssamson the sssaducee ssstrangler and I'm in tears.

• Upvote 2