You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shit Threads - What Are They For?

AngryOfTuebrook

Silverlining and Code are the culprits.

BURN THEM BURN THEM!!!!

Is anyone else getting nobbed off with the latest fad for threads slagging off individual LFC players using the same crappy formula for the title?

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/98679-andy-carroll-what-does-he-do.html

Maybe you should actually look at the dates when the different threads were started and also have a look at the opening post in the threads before you label it a thread created to slag of individual Liverpool players.

I created the Carroll thread 1st of February and if you think the intention was to slag him off you need to get a life.

Silverlining and Code are the culprits.

BURN THEM BURN THEM!!!!

I know you are not serious, but this was the opening post in the Carroll thread.

Sorry to start another thread, but the transfer threadon Carroll is to long and this is more about the player and his qualities.

So who is our new signing and what qualities does he have which can help us both in the short and the loing term.

The one thing most people know is that he has had a great season so far in the PL scoring 11 goals in 19 games, 18 starts.

So lets take a look at his stats and see if they can tell us something.

10/11:

PL: 19 (18+1)matches - 11 goals - 3 assists

Great return for such a young player in an average team like Newcastle, he does not take penalties either and that makes his starts even better compared to most others on top of the top scorer chart.

Right foot: 6 goals

Left foot: 1 goal

Head: 4 goals

He can score goals with both his feet and his head (obviously), thats promising and it tells me he is far from one dimensional.

Torres numbers from this season is 8 goals with his right and 1 with his left, no headers.

Right 6 yard box: 3 goals

Right pen box: 1 goal

Mid pen box: 3 goals

Left channel: 3 goals

Right channel: 1 goal

He can score from every position and he is not just a danger inside the box, he has scored most of his goals inside the box to the right, what this means is difficult to tell but it could be he prefer crosses from the left, especiallt with his head but it could also mean thats the side Newcastle have attacked down most of the time.

Torres has scored 8 of his 9 goals this season inside the box so carroll will give us more options.

He has also scored 4 goals outside the box and thats promising, that means defenders cant just back off him and this will create space for a player like Suarez among others.

Shots: 75

Shots on goal: 26

He is not afraid to release a shot, that can mean two things his self esteem is great or he is a bit selfish, but if we compare it with Torres we can see he has taken 89 shots and hitntarget 31 times this season so fairly similar numbers really.

I`m optimistic, without really studying Carroll the impression I have is that he is fearless, he is good with the ball at his feet for a big man, he has got pace and he is a monster in the air.

With players like Suarez, Meireles, Gerrard and Maxi who all like to get into the box I can see a lot of positives, Carroll will get the attention and this will create space for others.

With the added bonus of his ability in the air at defensive set pieces, I have to say I`m really looking forward to this.

If those who have studied him more than myself could give a better view from actually having studied him that would be much appreciated.

Onwards and upwards.