You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He posted the following on Facebook within the last hour:

thank you all for the messages of support. I,m back home now, my sight is gone, but anyyone who knws my number pleasee rng me, I'm feeling grand, just a bit bnlind, hard work doing anything

i cant asee what i wrote before4 but my number is {phone number removed} thats right

if anyone wants to ring gfor chat my number is {phone number removed} id be pleased to heaztr from anyone of yo8u

Spoke to him before, sends his wishes and thanks for the concern.

Prognosis isn't great but he sounded alright, not a bit pervy. Makes me think I may of been talking to his dad.

I've just spoken to him again, so to clarify it a bit, he won't ever read again, watch TV or use the computer unaided.

x

TK, PM'ing you now.

Guest ShoePiss
My natural instinct was to think that this was some sort of hoax or something to try and get back onto the forum, but that's awful for anyone to lose their sight. I enjoyed PaddyBerger's posts about the horse racing, so that will be missed.

haha yeah the "I'm blind, can I come back onto the forum now?" angle is a sure winner!

This thread is some scary shit. Is it common for adults to contract meningitis?

There's quite a few different types I think, its a pretty horrible disease. Infects different parts of the brain and spinal chord, causing brain damage from swelling etc hence why it has similar effects as a massive head trauma, paralysis, blindness etc.

Met Rob and he's a good lad, sounds like he's surprisingly chipper despite the bad situation, more so than I'd be.

Guest ShoePiss

Paddy Berger has a boss trainee collection, whoever speaks to him next can they ask if he wouldn't mind giving them all to me? Dunlop greenflash should do him now.

In america that is mononucleosis / glandular fever - not sure about the UK. There are a good few infectious types of meningitis tho.

Bit of a check out and you're right. I remember being in assembly after a kid had been diagnosed in high school and us all being told you're more likely to get it if you kiss loads of people, especially with tongues.... had most of us scared shitless to cop off with anyone for weeks. Our weekends were pretty shit around that time.

Spoke to Rob today for some time, he tells me that he has lost the sight fully in his right eye and that the other one is on its way out. Doesnt sound too good actually, he was laughing and joking like but there was a sadness to his voice that was really quite upsetting. I told him about this thread and he was genuinely touched by the things I told him. I`ve got his number so if anyone wants to ring him PM me and I`ll give you his number. He has asked me to pass it on to anyone who wants to get in touch. I`m sure he would appreciate a call off people cos he`s at a bit of a low ebb at the mo. Don`t PM me for his number if your gonna act the twat tho`.

Sorry the news is not a bit more positive comrades.

Spoke to Rob today for some time, he tells me that he has lost the sight fully in his right eye and that the other one is on its way out. Doesnt sound too good actually, he was laughing and joking like but there was a sadness to his voice that was really quite upsetting. I told him about this thread and he was genuinely touched by the things I told him. I`ve got his number so if anyone wants to ring him PM me and I`ll give you his number. He has asked me to pass it on to anyone who wants to get in touch. I`m sure he would appreciate a call off people cos he`s at a bit of a low ebb at the mo. Don`t PM me for his number if your gonna act the twat tho`.

Sorry the news is not a bit more positive comrades.

It's really fucking saddening hearing that, has he any chance of getting sight back at all ??